Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

O'Donnell Z01-T questions for O'Donnell experts.....

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

O'Donnell Z01-T questions for O'Donnell experts.....

Old 08-22-2010, 12:50 PM
ntrain42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O'Donnell Z01-T questions for O'Donnell experts.....

OK, few questions on the Z01-T:

A. Is the Z01-T based off the new ZG Z01-B or is it based off the older Z01-B 2 in 1 kit? Or neither?

B. If its based off a Z01-B 2 in 1 kit, what parts are needed to turn into the T "truggy" kit?

Reason Im asking is because I can get the older 2 in 1 kit for about $320 vs. $500 roughly for the truggy kit. Close to $200 dollar difference.So if it costs less to get the buggy kit and buy truggy parts seperately, Id go that route.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:21 PM
K_B

Default RE: O'Donnell Z01-T questions for O'Donnell experts.....

Unless you can get the parts from an Ebay chop shop, it'll cost you at least $200 to do a conversion. The chassis is $85, the universals are another $70 for a full set, shock towers are another $70 plus the cost of a-arms, camber links, a body, etc.

Generally speaking, it always costs more to buy a buggy and convert it, regardless of the brand.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:47 PM
jmaxey51

Default RE: O'Donnell Z01-T questions for O'Donnell experts.....

it will cost you so much more converting then its worth. even the shocks are different. hardly anything is the same with just a few exceptions. and you can find them under 500 for sure. but i recommend buying used for now. the SG truggy will be out before the end of the year (we are hoping). its WAY better and TONS of changes.