RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Truggy (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/)
-   -   What Brushless Truggy should I buy ?? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/10594174-what-brushless-truggy-should-i-buy.html)

TheMachine 06-27-2011 04:36 AM

What Brushless Truggy should I buy ??

Hi

I`m looking for somthing a bit diffrent, I have a Hyper 9 pro with Ported Picco Turbo Team .28 086 etc and a Savage Flux with monster mamba 2200 6s set-up,... and a retired(beaten to death) Savage 21.... thinking of going with a Brushless truggy.
I am a Nitro Lover from way back and do think the electrics have no sole ;p but there is no denying the performace of a 6s+ Brushless set-up, my friend coverted his Hyper9 pro to MMamba 2200 6s and it shreds Hard.

Is there an off the shelf quality brushless truggy avaliable ?
Or do I have to do a Brushless conversion to a Nitro ?

I was going to buy the Brushless kit for my Hyper 9 .... would that make an ok truggy(whats involved !? just bigger wheels or ?) I would have to buy a complete roller Hyper9e to do that anyway because I wouldn`t want to give up my Picco 28 set-up...its quiet special

Cheers

Foxy 06-27-2011 04:49 AM

RE: What Brushless Truggy should I buy ??

Already brushless truggies are a nightmare to find. If I were you and I really wanted another truggy to run on 6s 2200, I'd pick up a second hand MBX5T Prospec (epic epic truggy despite being replaced by the 6T now), and put this in it...

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...e-Tekin-Motors

In fact, that's exactly what I'm doing. :) that brushless conversion kit is sitting in my wishlist at amain waiting for payday, and my MBX5T is sitting in the basement waiting for its new lease of life. Then I'll put the 6T shocks on it and have one of the finest brushless truggies money can buy :)

Alternatively, there are quite a few buggies deigned for brushless off the shelf. RTR 1/8th vehicles of any kind, I wouldn't touch with a long stick...

http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.ph...1-8-Buggy-Kits

Particularly good are the Mugen and Xray...

esavagenoobie 06-27-2011 12:57 PM

I have a 1518,4s,MMP Losi 8t and i absolutely love it!

Yosh70 06-27-2011 08:52 PM

+1 on the Losi truggy....bought my 1st one as a roller with a Tekno V3 kit and after running it a few times, I was surprised how well it ran and how tough it was.
I started looking and found another used one to replace my Ofna buggy.
These are 1.0 spec mind you, but theres lots out there.
You should be able to find a good roller with spare parts etc for around $200.

TheMachine 07-01-2011 12:43 AM

OK thanks for the suggestions guys, I`ve had a look around and the 2nd hand mbx5t`s and losi`s still sell for more than I want to spend(cause i also need to buy the conversion kit the esc and motor etc...adds up), also I`ve never been fond of buying 2nd hand rc`s....you just don`t know what they have been thru and what condition they are really in sight un-seen.

... I did make an offer($315) on a brand new Hyper9e, and the damn dude accepted it(wanted $375 originally),,,( I didn`t want to really spend more on rc`s for a while, I`ve spent ~$1200 this month on stuff !) so its some wheelie ripping and maSSive air action to come for me with this new toy, I`ll swap in the mmamba 6s set-up from my savage for some fun on a budget, plus havinbg a Nitro Hyper9e with many spare keeps costs down ;)

Any one know of a truggy set-up (arms and shocks cvds etc1?? anything else I`m missing ??) that would be compatible with the H9e ?? any of the Hong nor or Ofna cars use the same mounts etc ?

Cheers

SyCo_VeNoM 07-01-2011 09:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: TheMachine

OK thanks for the suggestions guys, I`ve had a look around and the 2nd hand mbx5t`s and losi`s still sell for more than I want to spend(cause i also need to buy the conversion kit the esc and motor etc...adds up), also I`ve never been fond of buying 2nd hand rc`s....you just don`t know what they have been thru and what condition they are really in sight un-seen.

... I did make an offer($315) on a brand new Hyper9e, and the damn dude accepted it(wanted $375 originally),,,( I didn`t want to really spend more on rc`s for a while, I`ve spent ~$1200 this month on stuff !) so its some wheelie ripping and maSSive air action to come for me with this new toy, I`ll swap in the mmamba 6s set-up from my savage for some fun on a budget, plus havinbg a Nitro Hyper9e with many spare keeps costs down ;)

Any one know of a truggy set-up (arms and shocks cvds etc1?? anything else I`m missing ??) that would be compatible with the H9e ?? any of the Hong nor or Ofna cars use the same mounts etc ?

Cheers
understandable
Sheesh should have saw the mess the Jammin X1 CRT I made BL was the prior owner put red lock tight on every friggin screw. Also they broke the motor mount screws in the motor mount so what did he do? The logical thing drill through the chassis plate, and through the motor mount and bolt it in with a ton of you guessed it red locktite you know so much easier than replacing the $10 motor mount. Also I think I removed a half pound of clay out if it (He even had it in the diffs...)

BUT heres what it looks like after I got done cleaning it up, and converting it.

sirlordraven 07-02-2011 01:09 AM

hey mate ive got a mugen mbx5t pro spec in great condtion and heaps of spare parts and hopup and spare chassie if you want it

chaserogesr14 07-04-2011 09:19 AM

if your going with a new truck
first pick converts would be mbx6t,8ight t 2.0, D8T, rc8t
Im running a nitro d8t but you can pick up a roller pretty cheap and use most of the hpi vorza parts to convert it to electric, im thinking of doing it myself

djyjrlz 07-13-2011 11:39 AM

the x1x-crt or x2 crt make really easy conversions and are tough as nails... just started on my x2 and am waiting on stuff from hobbyking. uuughhh international shipping is SLOOOOOOOOOOOW! <div>https://picasaweb.google.com/1087570...24085969958946</div>

RRHobbyDepot 07-13-2011 05:30 PM

Any of the ones we carry lol!

xerxes 07-16-2011 07:30 PM

2late it seems, but da thundr tigr mt4 g3 is absolutly awesome. stok elects will get u 41mph wit a max motor temp of 160 on a 95* day.

& it isnt advertiwed, but its motor esc combo r rated 4 6s.