RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Truggy (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/)
-   -   Easy to drive truggy (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/11190040-easy-drive-truggy.html)

SavageSpawn 08-11-2012 10:16 PM

Easy to drive truggy

Hey guys looking for is an easy to drive, forgiving, truggy? My preference would be an rc8t but don't know how it drives.

HerrSavage 08-11-2012 11:28 PM

RE: Easy to drive truggy

All the top brands are good. People say Mugen are more "forgiving" I think. You have the weak A-arm problem with Mugens though...

But honestly, in terms of how it drives, that has a lot to do with how you set it up.. I loved my RC8T, and want a new one too actually..

Depends on so many factors. Budget, LHS parts availability, what do the locals run(I've learned this really does matter. Having a bunch of locals with setup knowhow, parts maybe if you need them in a pinch, etc.., is really an advantage not to be underestimated..)

So if there are several Mugens for ex., at your local track, get a Mugen. Or Hot Bodies, Losi, Associated, Serpent, whatever it may be...

celica49 08-12-2012 02:40 PM

What is your intention of what you wanna do with the truggy? Racing? bashing? a combo of the 2? For racing, the Losi is pretty popular, stable, and decently durable. If thats what you wanna get, its not a bad option.

The_Shark 08-12-2012 08:36 PM

jammin crt's are pretty good, anything hobao and hong-nor are of good quality and incredible durability, the CRT X1 has a VERY wide stance and you can get them second hand dirt cheap. (I have one and was going to sell it but its worth more to me than what it's worth in cash)

SavageSpawn 08-15-2012 08:03 PM

I assumed some were easier to drive and were more forgiving then others. I would use it mostly for bashing but would love to take it to the track for fun.

The_Shark 08-15-2012 08:18 PM

ORIGINAL: SavageSpawn

I assumed some were easier to drive and were more forgiving then others. I would use it mostly for bashing but would love to take it to the track for fun.
the CRT is forgiving because it is so wide and is tougher than most anything out there.

but in general, truggies are easier to drive than buggies.

adam402 09-26-2012 02:46 AM

i think you should try Hunter Truggy - Electric <table style="border-collapse: collapse;width:413pt" width="551" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0"><tr style="height:15.0pt" height="20"> <td style="height:15.0pt;width:413pt" width="551" height="20">rc bilr 2.4GHz,</td></tr></table>it is perfect for bigger<span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 18.600000381469727px; ">The Hunter truggy has all the characteristics of a perfect model - adjustable suspension, oil shocks, aluminium suspension towers and high precision receiver and servo. The Hunter is powered by powerful brushed engine RC380, all you need to do is charge the 7.2v battery and away you go!</span> .<div>there are some of its FEATURES</div><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 18.600000381469727px; " class="tabinfo"><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; " id="product_tabs_features_contents"><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; " class="product-specs"><li style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Aluminium Shock Tower Allows For Off Road Shock Resistance<li style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">High Precision Receiver And Servo<li style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Stylish 1/16 Scale Off Road Truggy Wing<li style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">7.2V 1100MAH Battery Pack Will Quickly Power This Buggy<li style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Compact Front Bumper Protection Against Accident Impacts<li style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">Aggressive Off Road Tyres<a style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(82, 80, 80); " name="specs"></a></div></div></div>

Foxy 09-26-2012 06:44 AM

All truggies are easy to drive.

Anthoop 09-26-2012 08:43 AM

ORIGINAL: Foxy

That video you posted not long ago, that was an electric truggy right? :D
I kid..I kid...;)

Ttowntoolman 09-26-2012 09:35 AM

ORIGINAL: Anthoop

ORIGINAL: Foxy

That video you posted not long ago, that was an electric truggy right? :D
I kid..I kid...;)

Now thats funny....:D

Foxy 09-26-2012 10:26 AM

Disclaimer: Nothing is easy to drive on 6S on pine needles. That's my (poor) excuse and I'm sticking to it. :)