RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Truggy (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/)
-   -   Ansmann Kryptonite Pro Truggy (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/11194624-ansmann-kryptonite-pro-truggy.html)

HerrSavage 08-15-2012 11:27 AM

Ansmann Kryptonite Pro Truggy

Anybody have any experience or seen/heard anything about the Ansmann Kryptonite Pro Truggy? I can get a roller for 1/3 the price of an RC8T CE for ex. Just want a casual mess-around truggy for testing engines, messing around, the occasional laps at the track, etc.. I hear it's tough, but heavy. But yeah, not gonna be racing seriously, so don't care about weight. Just want it to be reliable and tough..

TAKZILLA 08-15-2012 01:23 PM

RE: Ansmann Kryptonite Pro Truggy

One hobby store in UK already lists as discontinued so not sure if this will be a good plan,look kinda cheap what I can see in the photos.

HerrSavage 08-15-2012 01:52 PM

Hard to tell from photos, but in the ones I've seen it looks OK - lots of carbon fiber, beefy shocks, narrow chassis, on youtube there are lots of videos of them with what look like powerful brushless setups(mine would be nitro), etc..

Foxy 08-15-2012 02:16 PM

I find it most odd that I haven't heard of it, I thought I knew Ansmann's entire line up. It must have been discontinued some time ago, there's not even a single article about it on their site.

Get a brushless terrier 2.0 if you want a cheap trug.

TAKZILLA 08-15-2012 02:42 PM

Herr Savage said for testing engines ect... so guessing wants nitro truggy.

HerrSavage 08-15-2012 09:16 PM

Yep, nitro.. Have asked on a German forum, and like two guys said the Kryptonite is much better than the Terrier. They say it's pretty much a "complete package", with the only downside being the weight(and some shoddy quality screws). So I guess it's heavy, which is not a big deal downside afaic. But I'm still maintaining some skepticism.. Wish I could see one up close. The Terrier just looks cheap IMO. The Kryptonite Pro looks decent in pictures at least.

Foxy 08-15-2012 11:47 PM

ORIGINAL: TAKZILLA

Herr Savage said for testing engines ect... so guessing wants nitro truggy.
A few days ago he said he wanted brushless. Still recommend the Terrier as a cheap nitro trug.

HerrSavage 08-16-2012 12:48 AM

Was(still am) selling my RC8.2 and had the idea of getting an SC8E, since I already have an SC8. It seems though getting started in brushless is more than what I want to spend.

Foxy 08-16-2012 01:19 AM

Yeh, the initial hit is big with electric, but then you've got equipment that is common to all electric cars, the second electri kit is invariably much cheaper than the first, but yeh, I hear ya.

HerrSavage 08-16-2012 11:47 AM

Nevermind..