RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Truggy (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/)
-   -   new truggy (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/11422055-new-truggy.html)

rcrazy1991 02-24-2013 12:54 PM

new truggy

So I'm looking into buying a new truggy. Where I'm at I would want a good bashong truggy. I am a beginner and have never built a kit although I would like to. Anythoughts on whoch truggy I should look into buying? I'd like to be around three to four hundred if possible.

Foxy 02-25-2013 03:39 AM

RE: new truggy

There are two that fit your requirements and budget that come to mind (if I think of any others, I may add them), but these will be your best bet I think...

OFNA Nexx8T
Hot Bodies D8T

t-max97 02-25-2013 07:26 AM

Your not going to be able to have a truggy rtr for $300, you can almost get the nexx 8t for $400 with a tower hobbies coupon. I would say that's your best bet, I have one and it's been great so far.

t-max97 02-25-2013 07:27 AM

Have you ever owned an rc before?

Foxy 02-25-2013 07:35 AM

I assumed he already had engine and electrics from an existing truggy, but you make a good point, now I read it again, he might mean that he is expecting to be able to copmplete the car for that much money.

Also, another mistake many beginners make when it comes to truggies is that they don't realise that truggy describes a specific class (1/8th truck), and is not applicable to all scales. He may be looking for a 1/10th.

OP, we need clarification what you expect to get within that budget, what you have already, etc.

t-max97 02-25-2013 07:58 AM

ORIGINAL: Foxy

I assumed he already had engine and electrics from an existing truggy, but you make a good point, now I read it again, he might mean that he is expecting to be able to copmplete the car for that much money.

Also, another mistake many beginners make when it comes to truggies is that they don't realise that truggy describes a specific class (1/8th truck), and is not applicable to all scales. He may be looking for a 1/10th.

OP, we need clarification what you expect to get within that budget, what you have already, etc.
True Iv'e seen that more than once lately, people calling stadium trucks truggies.

rcrazy1991 02-25-2013 10:23 PM

Thank you everyone for the help. To answer your questions. I have owned a rc before. It was a nitro monster truck. Also I do have an engine which is from the truck that I was going to use just as a sit in until I raised the money for a better one. I checked into the mentioned truggies and they are both within my price range. Now I just have to decide. Thanks again for the help .

Foxy 02-26-2013 12:09 AM

The Hot Bodies has been pulling out some great competition results lately, good fast and strong car. Given the choice, that would be my pick of the two.

t-max97 02-26-2013 09:12 AM

Either one would be great, just pick whichever one you like better.

mattsauto 03-06-2013 03:09 PM

losi 8t 2.0 truggy kits may still be available for 299 if you look on ebay (brand new). i bought one and it's awesome.

Barrymartin 03-13-2013 01:37 AM

<font face="verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif" color="#222222"><span style="font-size: 12.727272033691406px;">Trophy truggy is great but losi 8T definitely worth the $799. If you afford losi its best for racing if not then for bashing around the HPI will be great.</span></font>

Foxy 03-13-2013 01:48 AM

ORIGINAL: Barrymartin

<font face=''verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif'' color=''#222222''><span style=''font-size: 12.727272033691406px;''>Trophy truggy is great but losi 8T definitely worth the $799. If you afford losi its best for racing if not then for bashing around the HPI will be great.</span></font>
The trophy truggy is a terrible car, and the Losi kit (not RTR) can be bought for $300 at the moment, making the RTR not very good value for money at 800 bucks. Just saying. You should try some of the real quality kits before making such bold statements. Try a Mugen or Xray.

nitroexpress 03-13-2013 09:35 AM

ORIGINAL: Foxy

ORIGINAL: Barrymartin

<font face="" lucida=""><span>Trophy truggy is great but losi 8T definitely worth the $799. If you afford losi its best for racing if not then for bashing around the HPI will be great.</span></font>
The trophy truggy is a terrible car, and the Losi kit (not RTR) can be bought for $300 at the moment, making the RTR not very good value for money at 800 bucks. Just saying. You should try some of the real quality kits before making such bold statements. Try a Mugen or Xray.
I think all the $299 specials have been bought up. Might be some for $375 (including shipping) on EBay.