RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Truggy (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/)
-   -   engine and new 8 t losi ENHINE ? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/11687803-engine-new-8-t-losi-enhine.html)

rctt 02-15-2021 09:05 AM

engine and new 8 t losi ENHINE ?

That was ENGINE ,,,sorry can't spell ...
Looking into a starter truggy ...and decided for the money seem hard to beat the losi . TAX money :) But when my warranty is up In going to use dyna 28 in a revo big block project . Then that brings up my question as to the motor i'm thinking of getting for the losi is the sh 8 port .For the money seems to be a decent entry motor . I will be upgrading the losi and revos to handle the extra hp . Question has anyone had experience with the SH engines and what do u think . I am a motor guy so if its not perfect no big deal . Will be back plating and sealing up engine with good dyna pipe . Also other good engine choices are on back order and more money !
. Guess SH makes dynamite and LRP . Any thoughts ?

Polar_Bus 02-19-2021 07:18 PM

I wish I could be of more help, but I too just recently bought the Losi 8ight T . I was hardcore into nitro back around 2002 and sold everything off and abandoned nitro in 2008. Jump to present day and i've decided to jump back in. I also bought back my old modded Savage 25 from my nephew (whom I sold it to back in 2008) . My plan with the Savage is a complete restoration. I also bought a ton of upgrades , digital servos , tires and I bought an RCR modified LRP .32 spec4 engine. I'm SO saddened to realize that nitro is currently dead. Such a shame ! The Losi 8ight T RTR seems pretty well made but my only concern is the cheesy looking diff cups and dogbones. This will probably be my first upgrade. I also plan to add the 4 spider gears in the diffs and shim the diffs for good reliability. Many times the high end "race bling" parts are simply not necessary and your just wasting your money. I keep a close eye on chassis parts and when I see something wearing out quickly I upgrade then. I tend to stay away from aluminum upgrades unless again they are proven necessary.

rctt 02-22-2021 10:27 AM

re

thanks for the input. I have read the dog bones although look weak they hold up well . May want to wait till you see wear starting .I to will upgrade the diffs later too .. There looks like a lot of room for improvements . Thinking of this engine for the rtr .The reds r5r racer v5 and is a rossi design ..So it should hold a tune well once broken in .
For the money not much more considering price is with pipe . Amain is out of the combo ...but maybe the will make a deal and have a 30 buck coupon till end of the month . Looks like a screamer with decent fuel use . Some good reviews on it .Also Reds direct usa say its in stock .Theres a engine dude on you tube does a break down n review ..I bet it would not have as much torque as the .32 but would keep up with it because of the faster responce on throttle .Just thinking a step up motor ... IF I can swing it . Have to save money to get all I need to do revo big block conversion too ......