RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Truggy (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/)
-   -   Can I Have an official Mammoth ST thread? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/4451350-can-i-have-official-mammoth-st-thread.html)

nitrohead5300 07-10-2006 08:25 AM

RE: Can I Have an official Mammoth ST thread?

I think a thread for the Mammoth ST. would be a great idea. I have a Mammoth St which I just finish putting a center diff on and a new 13 tooth clutchbell and all I can say is , with the Sirio .30 motor I have in it , this truck is stupid fast!!!! I am glad that XTM is offering the Mammoth ST PRO kit because it gives you the option of selecting radio, servos, tires and motor. When I purchased my Mammoth St rtr the first thing I got rid of was the radio, I personally did not like it , it was ok but I wanted more than a ok radio guiding this monster!! I hope this thread grows.

RunX 07-10-2006 12:20 PM

Click on link and see a few vids of my Mammoth ST.Axial .28,ali clucth shoes,tuned pipe etc..

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...2&q=Mammoth+ST

nitrohead5300 07-10-2006 06:53 PM

nice vids do you have a gravedigger body on your Mammoth?

ssj2 07-10-2006 09:05 PM

RunX Date 7/10/2006 6:20:49 PM
Click on link and see a few vids of my Mammoth ST.Axial .28,ali clucth shoes,tuned pipe etc..

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...2&q=Mammoth+ST
I saw your videos on the XTM forums:D The humping one was a little wrong in a way, but it looks like your ST hauls with that Axial, nice vids!

Dawman 07-10-2006 09:23 PM

Awesome vids , the more I see the Mammoth the more I want one . How is the durability ? If I don`t wait for the Pro kit to come out. What are the neccesary upgrades ? Also what upgrades do you reccommend ? Who makes the upgrades ? Sorry , XTM is something I never got into since I had seen so many problems when they first came out .

Br00klyn 07-11-2006 01:59 AM

They're like most rtr's, after a couple of tweaks they're extremely durable.

ssj2 07-11-2006 08:45 AM

I've done this "speech" a lot on here, but I really don't mind saying stuff again, what other things do I have to do anyway? Alright, the first upgrade with the original Mammoth ST would really have to be the Dadders (www.dadders.net) chassis braces, these will reduce any chassis flex whatsoever. I would also pick up a rechargeable receiver pack from Hobbypeople (www.hobbypeople.net, search for Mammoth ST and look under Hop-Ups) If you're going into the racing world, I would pick up a center diff from Hobbypeople too. Two more custom upgrades for XTM products are from www.bigairproducts.com and www.rcvisions.net. BigAirProducts carry the toughest aluminum a-arms, either basher or racer style. Then, RC Visions has aluminum hinge pin retainers, and other pending upgrades for both the Mammoth ST and the PRO KIT. Other than those, I would take a look at some new tires/wheels, and just check out the Hobbypeople upgrade list. I have all upgrades on my truck listed in My Models, and anybody can take a look if they want. Hope this helps!

Dawman 07-11-2006 08:49 AM

Thanks a lot .

ssj2 07-11-2006 09:15 AM

No problem;)

Br00klyn 07-11-2006 11:24 AM

How many of you are racing your ST's? I ask because I'd like to start racing, I mainly bash. I've already knocked out the general upgrades. What's a good set up?

RunX 07-11-2006 12:38 PM

My mammoth ST is still standard except the engine,ect. The only thing i did was to run an ali bar from one shock tower to the other one at the back the increase strenght and it cost me $3.00 and have no troubles with flex.(use a solid bar and then tap and dye)

http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=78413

Click on link to see the pics,for the humping thing...lsp's should stay out of the way!

ssj2 07-11-2006 12:42 PM

Are you planning to get the Dadders braces, and the other custom upgrades that are available for the ST? I like the Axial a lot, that thing hauls butt, nice truck!

Br00klyn 07-11-2006 10:25 PM

I've got the Dadders braces, a set of aluminum arms (expensive as $*@^ and bent already :(), a hitec 5995 steering servo, and an STS .28. I still didn't buy the center diff yet (I like the two speed) but I know I have to. My question was really about Diff oils, shock positioning etc.

ssj2 07-12-2006 09:34 AM

Brooklyn,
I was actually talking to RunX, but that's ok. You would definately need the center diff in order to race, and to make your truck lighter you can even use the stock arms and get some CF on your truck. (like shock towers, radio plate, etc.) You only said that you had an upgraded steering servo, what about a throttle one? And do you have a racing pipe on your truck for the STS .28? (A JP-1 should do the trick, that's what most people suggest on XTM forums) I'm not sure about shock positions and diff oils though, and the main stuff that you're asking for.

Br00klyn 07-12-2006 01:25 PM

Sorry SSJ2. Thanx

ssj2 07-12-2006 09:24 PM

No problem;)

RunX 07-13-2006 11:57 AM

ssj2...i do not have issues with the chassis(flex) and i do loads of jumps and had couple of real bad cartwheels,but nothing broke!!(lucky i guess).Anyway,i have 100.000 diff oil front and back,45weight shock oil.I have shimed the diffs...but only used three shimms on the inside of drive pinions(pushing it more towards the crown gear no need for side shimming)for minimal clicking under braking because of the strong brakes and acceleration. If u want a good upgrade use a a set of aluminium clutch shoes with firm springs,it grabs very well and the truck will haul and also get in to the powerband better.The axial.28 is a good engine and would recommend it strongly,it holds it tune very well runs cool but do use a cool plug as the engine makes good power when hot! All the servo's are still original,just one thing, thigthen the servo saver a bit more for better steering

If the truck is driven well without trying to be wrappped around a post or jumping a bus,extra braces etc will not be an issue.

ssj2 07-13-2006 03:54 PM

Very interesting, because I was in a baseball field running my ST a while back. The place where the grass meets the dirt of the baseball field creates sort of a very small jump, I went over that little "jump" and the truck landed on its back. I went over to it to find a bent chassis, about 1/2 inch or so bent, bent driveshaft, and bent rear stock brace. Amazing how yours does cartwheels and you dont need the Dadders braces.

RunX 07-16-2006 12:57 PM

Hi all,new video..click on link,

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...18955019541389

Not bad!

ssj2 07-17-2006 03:59 PM

Not a bad video man, and way to make this thead come back alive. It hasn't been very active lately, c'mon Mammoth St ownners! :D

RJ123 07-17-2006 07:28 PM

c'mon guys keep this topic active. nobody wants it to die. it's the best topic eva! :D

ssj2 07-17-2006 09:54 PM

It's the first Mammoth ST thread, and by the way RJ123, NICE SIG DUDE!:D I really think that a lot of people underestimate XTM, when they are better than some of the top brand name makers.

RJ123 07-18-2006 09:25 PM

WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D dont let people's words offend u Mammoth fans. cause the ST could beat every1 at this year's "The Dirt" race

ssj2 07-18-2006 10:01 PM

I really do believe that the Mammoth has some potential, look at R9, he's keeping up with the CRT's and all the other top name truggies in racing. And what about RC Visions Mammoth/Mammoth ST?, its great, that thing must haul. A lot of people may not think the Mammoth is good, but it is, and can be right up there with just a little more positive exposure. I've never heard of "The Dirt" race, what is it?

RJ123 07-19-2006 07:16 PM

it is 1 of those special races like the buggy cage match from XRC. do they make a wing mount for it? PLEASE MORE VIDS PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D