RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Truggy (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/)
-   -   $550 Out The Door (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/4805814-%24550-out-door.html)

ArcticCat500 09-28-2006 10:13 PM

$550 Out The Door

Hey Guys,Ive been readin alot here and found some good info on a few trucks Im interested in. My friend runs a Mammoth and I want to get a truck this week,break it in and go bashing. My truck will strickly be a basher and there will be no raceing involved.
As in my title I'd like to spend bout $550 OTD. Thats fuel,a couple plugs,glow ignighter,and misc tools.
The trucks I like at the LHS is the HB Lightning ST, Sportwerks Mayhem ST, and GS ST Storm SUT.
Help me choose the best basher for the buck.
Please!
Thanks

FE_Chris 09-28-2006 10:20 PM

RE: $550 Out The Door

Mayhem ST. I Have had mine for about a year now. Fast, tough, and VERY fun. Short wheel base makes it great for bashing too.....Never gets hung up on anything really.

Get the spektrum package....I got mine for 530$ out the door.

ArcticCat500 09-28-2006 10:29 PM

Hey Thanks...I have a Spektrum so I may opt for the other and save a lil. Spend it elsewhere..I dont remember how much the LHS had those for.

FE_Chris 09-28-2006 10:50 PM

well, the non spek version is only 50$ less..... you could ebay the extra spek kit you recieve with it fot atleast 100 bucks I am sure :eek:

Just something to think about.

silverman1 09-29-2006 12:24 PM

You could get the inferno st rtr truggy for 400.00, it has a digital airtronics radio, its called perfex radio. You could pick up a Jammin rtr truggy for about 500.00 bills off of ebay shipped, they are very hot i am told. The SUT storms, I own 2 of them, they are incrediblally bashable, very fast and easy to tune. They may not be the most race worthy although I never raced mine, but the durability is excellent, they come with a cheaper fm radio looks wise but the radio is excellent, no problems with glitching or anything.

good luck

ArcticCat500 09-29-2006 01:01 PM

Im gonna take a look at the Inferno...hope he has 1.thats not the 1st time that truks been recommended. Im ready to buy this weekend an dont feel like waitn fer Ebay..Although I do shop alot there.

ArcticCat500 09-29-2006 11:19 PM

Well he didnt hav the Inferno,but he had lots others...he gave me a great deal on new GS Storm SUT.Black w/ chrome wheels the thing is sweet. My buddy grabbed me a receiver batt, fuel,after run oil and some odd's & ends. Nice to have Friends like that.
Thanks DM
We're gonna fire it up tomorro...Im chargin the batt & changin over to my Spektrum Radio.

Brent07 10-03-2006 03:26 PM

I like the Gs Storm SUT its a great truck, my friend has one and not only is it about impossible to break, it won't flip for anything, i really like it, at my local track they were doing backflips off the big double, and with the right servos and tires they are raceable.