RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Truggy (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/)
-   -   8ight-t racing an 8ight!!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/6889612-8ight-t-racing-8ight.html)

jdmille500 01-11-2008 08:43 AM

8ight-t racing an 8ight!!!

I just purchased an RTR 8ight-t and my cousin just purchased a RTR 8ight buggy. Well we raced yesterday onroad in front of my house. There was NO difference bottom end or top end... that is awesome! How is this possible? the buggy is over a pound lighter.

the center Differential is the same on both. but something is def geared different. my tires are over an inch taller than the buggy and we have the same top speed. i put buggy slicks on my truggy and had no top end. 30 foot time was ridiculous thou. does anybody know the difference between the twos gearing?

also when we both drive threw the grass at WOT, the buggy hits a very noticable higher RPM? my engine is a little newer than his. could it be that mine isnt all the way broken in yet? i only have about 8 tanks of gas on it. he has about a galloon on his. or is it the i have more traction, less tire spin, and more tire not allowing me to hit the same rpm? i dont know? we had identical pitches of RPM when we were racing onroad.

on thing is for sure. i love the 8ight-t. it handles 100 times beter than the previous buggy i had, it will striaght up turn circles around it... it is also much harder to flip as well. which is great for us beginner drivers.

madmax22 01-11-2008 04:16 PM

RE: 8ight-t racing an 8ight!!!

sweet!!!!!! in the grass I have no idea you are prob. getting more traction were you going the same speed?????sounds fun!!! I cant stand waiting to get my thunder tiger up and running....it sits on the bench waiting for some servos to slap in it!

snoking16 01-11-2008 08:02 PM

sounds like the 8ight is not running to its potential...it probably could be tuned a bit better.

madmax22 01-11-2008 09:43 PM

Thats what i was thinking....... 8ight would be at least a little faster.....

INTEGRA 01-11-2008 11:38 PM

the 8T isnt broken in yett...8 tanks is hardly a break in imo.......around a Full gallon mark is when the motor will start to come alive.....jdmille500 i would be cautions about holding it WOT racing ur cousin as that could very well damage the motor if its not Fully broken in........if u want to check if its fully broken in....take the Glo plug out...and if u feel ANY resistance at TDC its not fully broken in.

mcphable 01-12-2008 12:56 AM

what is tcd? im not big on acronims, or spelling for that matter?

happywing 01-12-2008 09:05 AM

That's "TDC" - Top Dead Center

fsbb33 01-16-2008 11:14 PM

i also think u may be the same speed wise because the bigger tires will promote a lil higher top end, but as far as low end goes...IMPRESSIVE