RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Truggy (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/)
-   -   Losi 8ight-T help needed (race roller) (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/6939806-losi-8ight-t-help-needed-race-roller.html)

loboboy 01-20-2008 04:23 PM

Losi 8ight-T help needed (race roller)

Hye guys I am in need of some help. I have accrued a losi 8ight-t race roller and I am trying to install a Mach 427 with spin start and need to know which motor mounts to use. I have a set of mounts from a RTR 8ight-t but they are not tall enough to keep the spin start backing plate off of the main chassis. My main concern is buying a set for the race roller and having the same problem. I am sure there is someone that has installed this engine combo in this chassis.

If anyone can help it would be great.

FoamyVictim 01-20-2008 07:27 PM

RE: Losi 8ight-T help needed (race roller)

It may have a different chassis than the RTR version. That's how it is with the buggy versions.

K_B 01-20-2008 08:16 PM

The RTR chassis has material machined out to clear the spinstart. The pro chassis does not. Just shim the motor up with some washers.

loboboy 01-20-2008 10:36 PM

AH HA!!!!! I was actually wondering if I actually got the race roller for sure or not since I bought the chassis off of ebay. Makes me feel better about the purchase.

I will shim for now but someone suggested the bump starter back plate and use a starter box so I may change to that setup to permanently take care of the problem. Thanks for the help.

INTEGRA 01-21-2008 12:27 AM

ORIGINAL: loboboy

AH HA!!!!! I was actually wondering if I actually got the race roller for sure or not since I bought the chassis off of ebay. Makes me feel better about the purchase.

I will shim for now but someone suggested the bump starter back plate and use a starter box so I may change to that setup to permanently take care of the problem. Thanks for the help.

i would highly reccomend the bump box solution...most guys have NO Clue how much RPM a Pullstart is Robbing from them.

loboboy 01-21-2008 12:27 PM

ORIGINAL: INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: loboboy

i would highly reccomend the bump box solution...most guys have NO Clue how much RPM a Pullstart is Robbing from them.
What about the spin start system does it hamper the RPM's as well????

UG0TB4NN3D 01-21-2008 04:01 PM

Yep.

Still has the one-way bearing, and all of that crap.