RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Truggy (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/)
-   -   Which One To Get (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/6941455-one-get.html)

paechy 01-20-2008 09:30 PM

Which One To Get

I have narrowed it down a little but still cant seem to pick wich one to get. I want something that i can race and will not dissapoint me. What do yous think it the one to get out of these.

HPI Hellfire SS

CEN Matrix TR Arena Factory Edition

Hobao HYPER ST PRO TRUGGY KIT

Team Losi 8ight-T Race Roller

GS XUT Pro Team Truggy Kit

madmax22 01-20-2008 09:32 PM

RE: Which One To Get

I dont have any experience w/ 3 of these I have a TT ST-1 but have driven the 8eight-t and its nice....... Did you ever look at the thunder tiger ST-1 PRO??????

paechy 01-20-2008 09:38 PM

most people i have spoken to reckon dont worry about it

vnmsgt 01-20-2008 10:11 PM

I would go with one of your bottom 3 choices. Hyper St pro is a awesome truggy but stock tires are too soft, I have one. I have driven the 8ight-t and it is awesome too but does have servo problems, and the XUT I have read is pretty good but never drove one or saw one. IMO where I run Matrix's break all the time, and the hellfire is way overpriced and I think a older design that needs to be upgraded to compete.

INTEGRA 01-21-2008 12:33 AM

there's only really 2 choices there....the 8 and the Hyper....the Hellfart is JUNK...dont even bother.....the CEN Tr need some serious lovin before it can compete with the rest of the crowd...and the Xut and a Cheep 5T knock off....imo Losi or Hyper.

CrazyMento 01-21-2008 01:04 AM

ORIGINAL: INTEGRA

there's only really 2 choices there....the 8 and the Hyper....the Hellfart is JUNK...dont even bother.....the CEN Tr need some serious lovin before it can compete with the rest of the crowd...and the Xut and a Cheep 5T knock off....imo Losi or Hyper.

You are crazy.... the Matrix TR is definitley the best bang for the buck trugyg out of those. I have a RTR and have abosutely no problem hanging and beating the others even with a stock engine. The losi is super nice but also more expensive. IF you are on budget, then matrix is definteily the one to go with.

paechy 01-21-2008 06:40 AM

Its so hard to make a choice on wich one to get because everyone say the complete oppisite to other people. Example: like someone says the hellfire is the worst truggy to buy and then some one comes along and says its the best competion truggy avalible. its just so hard to figure out who to belive.

qaiz 01-21-2008 07:01 AM

Definately the 8ight.

I dont have one, I did, and it was fablous.

INTEGRA 01-21-2008 09:24 AM

ORIGINAL: CrazyMento

ORIGINAL: INTEGRA

You are crazy.... the Matrix TR is definitley the best bang for the buck trugyg out of those. I have a RTR and have abosutely no problem hanging and beating the others even with a stock engine. The losi is super nice but also more expensive. IF you are on budget, then matrix is definteily the one to go with.

:eek:....maby after u throw 200$ in red alloy thats NEEDED.....the stock Cast knuckles are Junk..,.the plastic toe plates are also junk.....the shocks were Ok i guess...and not to mention the JUNK wing mount...but for the most part its just as pricy as the rest once u consider the hop-ups needed to make it as competitive as the rest of the choices....plain and simple....ive owned/driven every truck in ur list...except the XUT...but thats a Mugen in desguise...so same difference.......Hellfire the most competitive.....HAH.....id LOVE to see a hellfart run with the likes of Losi Mugen Kyosho...that would be a sight to see....:eek:

slayerphonics 01-21-2008 10:51 AM

Go with the Hyper or the 8ight

The servo problem with the 8ight is not a servo problem its the linkage setup on the throttle.. people don't set up there linkages right and EPA so it blows the servo... Its not a problem with the truck its a user problem

Th3pwn3r 01-21-2008 11:01 AM

ORIGINAL: slayerphonics

Go with the Hyper or the 8ight

The servo problem with the 8ight is not a servo problem its the linkage setup on the throttle.. people don't set up there linkages right and EPA so it blows the servo... Its not a problem with the truck its a user problem
It definately is. If you don't set your EPAs properly you're going to kill any servo.