RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Truggy (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/)
-   -   ---OFFICIAL CASTER RACING K8T TRUGGY THREAD--- (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/7009780-official-caster-racing-k8t-truggy-thread.html)

vnmsgt 10-12-2008 07:00 PM

RE: -OFFICIAL CASTER RACING K8T TRUGGY THREAD-

ORIGINAL: {GBI}Harryball

let me know how you like the Huddy equipement. I use there guide, with my speed square and it seems to work reallly well on the RXT-1

Sure. I just have to find a good place to buy one. They are so expensive.

DS 10-12-2008 07:14 PM

how does the caster compare to something like the rc8t, strr, and x2, and 8ight-t??

spikeitaudi 10-12-2008 07:25 PM

VSmsgt you running the Jconcepts rulux truggy wheels? Half ups? I can't find any halfup tires from Jconcepts to buy. They have the rims but no tires.

vnmsgt 10-12-2008 08:40 PM

ORIGINAL: spikeitaudi

VSmsgt you running the Jconcepts rulux truggy wheels? Half ups? I can't find any halfup tires from Jconcepts to buy. They have the rims but no tires.
Yes they are the Half Ups. JConcepts does NOT make LPR tires. You have to get there truggy tire and cut the bead off of it and then glue it. I was scared at first but its easy and IMO think they stick WAY better to the rims. Never had one come unglued yet. Everyone in my area runs them and cuts the beads. Works perfect.

vnmsgt 10-12-2008 08:43 PM

ORIGINAL: st1_racer

how does the caster compare to something like the rc8t, strr, and x2, and 8ight-t??
I will probably catch some slack for this but I think it is built just as well. I have owned a ST-RR, Hyper ST PRO, race against Jammins and 8ights and recently RC8Ts and do just fine. At the Race I just came from the RC8T's sucked. All of them. Did not do well at all.

spikeitaudi 10-12-2008 08:51 PM

ORIGINAL: vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: spikeitaudi

Yes they are the Half Ups. JConcepts does NOT make LPR tires. You have to get there truggy tire and cut the bead off of it and then glue it. I was scared at first but its easy and IMO think they stick WAY better to the rims. Never had one come unglued yet. Everyone in my area runs them and cuts the beads. Works perfect.
I have been talking with Jconcepts and they will be releasing the LRP tires soon.

Tired of the proline foams.

vnmsgt 10-12-2008 08:53 PM

Soon. I am waiting. JConcepts is only about 15 minutes from my house and I just pick my orders up :D

spikeitaudi 10-12-2008 09:19 PM

ORIGINAL: vnmsgt

Soon. I am waiting. JConcepts is only about 15 minutes from my house and I just pick my orders up :D
Can I say you stink :):).

DS 10-13-2008 10:24 AM

srry for asking the questions i just want to be sure, oh and by the way i will be buying at christmas time

vnmsgt 10-13-2008 10:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are some pics of the K8T after the 30 minute main at the SIC Race. Also a couple other pics too.

j_blaze 10-14-2008 04:42 AM

:D:D

revoskid32 10-14-2008 05:16 AM

What's a On-line carrier for this car? Is it good in RTR form?

DS 10-14-2008 06:31 AM

how much does this truck wieght with full tnk of gas? nice pics by the way

cold_reboot 10-14-2008 08:02 AM

HoleshotHobbies.com is Vnmsgt's site Revo, thats where I bought mine. The Pro Kit has a few differences from the RTR. RTR has 6061 Aluminum, heavier than the 7075 of the Kit. Kit has full CVD's all the way around, RTR doesn't. I think the RTR has different chassis braces than the Pro, but I think the RTR braces are adjustable...not sure on that one. Everything else is pretty much the same.

ST1_Racer

If I remember correctly I think it weighs a little over 9 pounds fully loaded. It's one of the lighter truggies on the market.

vnmsgt 10-14-2008 10:27 AM

how much does this truck wieght with full tnk of gas? nice pics by the way
9.25 lbs with all electrics and a full tank of fuel! That is on a US Postal service scale.

DS 10-14-2008 10:33 AM

cool thaks.

DS 10-14-2008 01:23 PM

when is the electric caster truggy coming out and how much

vnmsgt 10-14-2008 02:47 PM

when is the electric caster truggy coming out and how much
Not sure. Have not given me any details yet. I would think a couple months or so. Price for a Sport version like the Fusion if they have it I would think would be $350 or so. Again not sure.

DS 10-16-2008 05:06 PM

Is there any other kit that compares to the caster kit for racing, like price wise? Does it come with a wing? Also what would be the toatle costs with the mud gurds from the buggy and is there anything else i would need?

j_blaze 10-16-2008 05:58 PM

what would be the toatle costs
there is no such thing as total cost in racing:D:D, its gonna be $415 + like $10 for the mudguards. unless you can get a better deal at holeshothobbies.

vnmsgt 10-16-2008 10:15 PM

Is there any other kit that compares to the caster kit for racing, like price wise? Does it come with a wing? Also what would be the toatle costs with the mud gurds from the buggy and is there anything else i would need?
Yes it comes with a wing and mount like all truggy SHOULD. Mud guards are 10 bucks. You are also getting 16mm Big Bore shocks along with a second set of stock shocks too. BTW you got a PM.

hakmazter 10-20-2008 10:21 PM

Caster will have a truggy probably in about a month or 2 for release. Right now the pro fusion buggy just got released and I hear that the rtr will be available in mid November for people who want to just buy a whole kit and buy a charger and batteries.....RTR will be based off the sport.

Holeshot Hobbies does sell for less than the Caster USA site, but you can get more info from them, better pics, and there is a forum there that is more Caster specific.

vnmsgt 10-24-2008 07:34 PM

Hey guys, I just got some Caster K8T 150cc fuel tanks in!! and finally a set of the optional brake discs I am going to try out.

JB COMP 10-25-2008 06:51 PM

Dose anyone know if the brake disc and pads from a CRT will fit the K8T?

I have some NIP spare parts for my CRT and want to know if I'll still be able to use them if I get a K8T.

Also does the K8T have a 150CC tank? I keep seeing places that says 150 and some that say 125

vnmsgt 10-25-2008 08:28 PM

ORIGINAL: JB COMP

Dose anyone know if the brake disc and pads from a CRT will fit the K8T?

I have some NIP spare parts for my CRT and want to know if I'll still be able to use them if I get a K8T.

Also does the K8T have a 150CC tank? I keep seeing places that says 150 and some that say 125
No other brand brake discs will fit the K8T. I have tried and they are unique to this truggy. The K8T comes with a 125cc tank stock. The 150cc tanks have just been released this week.