RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Truggy (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/)
-   -   Jammin X1 CRT Vs. 8IGHT-T (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/7020817-jammin-x1-crt-vs-8ight-t.html)

miamitj 02-04-2008 12:12 AM

Jammin X1 CRT Vs. 8IGHT-T

So I have a budget of only $750 and I'm looking for a truggy and a radio I can share with my Savage 25 (poor thing is like >3 years old). Because of my budget, I can only get a RTR. I'm not a racer and it wont be much of a basher. All I use my R/C s for is occasional play on street and the local track.

I'm leaning towards the Jammin X1 CRT RTR and the Spektrum DX3.0 package that includes 2x rx (3ch lets me keep my reverse on my savage and extra rx goes in the savage). Both can be had for about $750

Another option I'm considering is the 8IGHT-T RTR that includes the DX2.0. After another rx this would cost around the same as above but I would lose the rev on the savage.

What do you guys think? Opinions?

Thx in advance ...

Coopz 02-04-2008 03:32 AM

RE: Jammin X1 CRT Vs. 8IGHT-T

This question has been asked many times... The 8T is lighter and more agile, the X1CRT has more neutrel handling and is stronger.
Both have similair power, the Losi has much better radio gear though.

UG0TB4NN3D 02-04-2008 05:02 AM

What about performing the BCE chassis and small gear mod? What about after that?

vnmsgt 02-04-2008 07:40 AM

I have seen the Jammin run and it looks like a awesome truck on the track (Never driven one) BUT everytime I see one with the body off the design looks SOOOO OOOOOOLD! Not my cup of tea, go for the 8ight-T:D Hey that ryhmed[&:]

IL2mSturmovik 02-04-2008 08:42 AM

ORIGINAL: vnmsgt

I have seen the Jammin run and it looks like a awesome truck on the track (Never driven one) BUT everytime I see one with the body off the design looks SOOOO OOOOOOLD! Not my cup of tea, go for the 8ight-T:D Hey that ryhmed[&:]
That is a really illogical, immature statement.
You say it looks like an awesome truck on the track (and it is, having won more races than all others combined, like their ad says) but simply because you "think" it looks old with the body off, you say dont get one??
The absurdity of your comment is overwhelming.

miamitj 02-04-2008 09:10 AM

ORIGINAL: Coopz

This question has been asked many times... The 8T is lighter and more agile, the X1CRT has more neutrel handling and is stronger.
Both have similair power, the Losi has much better radio gear though.
Very nice way to put it ... All the reading and searching I have done on this topic and your statement was the simple summary and comparison ob both truggies.

I know I am going to beat my truggy to death so I'm going to go with the Ofna and get the DX 3.0 radio.

INTEGRA 02-04-2008 10:09 AM

If ur racing....Losi....if ur bashing Jammin....ive owned both and there both great trucks....but the CRT is getting a little Long winded....and no its not STILL winning races...all the team jammin boyz are onto the new X2...which is a losi in Jammin clothes imo.

IL2mSturmovik 02-04-2008 01:11 PM

ORIGINAL: INTEGRA

If ur racing....Losi....if ur bashing Jammin....ive owned both and there both great trucks....but the CRT is getting a little Long winded....and no its not STILL winning races...all the team jammin boyz are onto the new X2...which is a losi in Jammin clothes imo.

My understanding is the only difference is a 6mm stretched chassis, and 16mm shocks.
You can get a BCE or Innovative rc chassis and bam, X2

spikeman 02-04-2008 04:39 PM

A guy at my local track is comparing them. He said that he took off all the things that most people will change engine, pipe ect. When he weighed them after that he said they where practicly the same weight, but the eight was like less than an ounce lighter.

Coopz 02-04-2008 05:25 PM

I've driven both and I found the CRT suited my weird style than the Losi. Same thing with the buggy, my old Hot Bodies Lightning Pro was more driveable for me than the Eight, even though the 8 was faster...:P

The body the CRT comes with is not the best, Proline make an excellent Crowd Pleazer 2 for it which looks sick and lasts 5x as long.

IL2mSturmovik 02-04-2008 05:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Coopz

I've driven both and I found the CRT suited my weird style than the Losi. Same thing with the buggy, my old Hot Bodies Lightning Pro was more driveable for me than the Eight, even though the 8 was faster...:P

The body the CRT comes with is not the best, Proline make an excellent Crowd Pleazer 2 for it which looks sick and lasts 5x as long.
I have heard that from many people that the 8ight T is squirrely and twitchy
I can drive my CRT faster than I can an 8T, but hen again I am used to the CRT
They are both nice, as is the Mugen, the ST Pro, and Kyosho.
But nobody can deny the CRT wins!!

INTEGRA 02-04-2008 06:17 PM

ORIGINAL: IL2mSturmovik

My understanding is the only difference is a 6mm stretched chassis, and 16mm shocks.

there's more to it then that...im sure of it.....and Coopz....the Crowdpleaser dosent last 5X longer.... this was the FIRST race on this shell....Twas the Nats...and they Did have a 45' quad....but never the less....It just SNAPPED off in the main...and u can see where the Loaner PT Was.....haha...and check the vids if u think im a hack and crash everywhere...cuz that wasn't the case...as ive already had guys accuse me of that when i showed the pics...IMO proline's are a weeee tooo thick and just split as appose to crack......JC has the thickness more on par imo.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...S/DSCF2522.jpg

IL2mSturmovik 02-04-2008 06:30 PM

Well please enlighten me then, as everywhere I have read so far states that is about the only differences that are of real consequence.

ORIGINAL: INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: IL2mSturmovik

there's more to it then that...im sure of it.....and Coopz....the Crowdpleaser dosent last 5X longer.... this was the FIRST race on this shell....Twas the Nats...and they Did have a 45' quad....but never the less....It just SNAPPED off in the main...and u can see where the Loaner PT Was.....haha...and check the vids if u think im a hack and crash everywhere...cuz that wasn't the case...as ive already had guys accuse me of that when i showed the pics...IMO proline's are a weeee tooo thick and just split as appose to crack......JC has the thickness more on par imo.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...S/DSCF2522.jpg

IL2mSturmovik 02-04-2008 06:40 PM

Heres a video with its creator, Jammin Jay himself, that explains the differences, basically its a BCE small spur chassis conversion and 16mm shocks, with LPR type wheels and tires. http://209.196.57.91/Media/MediaManager/roarjamminS.mov

UG0TB4NN3D 02-04-2008 09:29 PM

That's not much, I was planning on doing that to my CRT anyway.

IL2mSturmovik 02-05-2008 08:32 AM

ORIGINAL: UG0TB4NN3D

That's not much, I was planning on doing that to my CRT anyway.
Yup, me too!!! :D For $200 or less I can make mine have most of those changes[8D]