RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Truggy (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/)
-   -   Holeshots or Crimefighters?? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/7524076-holeshots-crimefighters.html)

phattracker 05-21-2008 02:38 PM

Holeshots or Crimefighters??

I know that it is all about track conditions on the track you are running, but. Try to help me understand why I would want to get something with next to no tread(holeshots) vs. something like the crimefighter, or even as extreme as the mulcher. I run LPR crimefighters and Maxx Mulchers, depending on track conditions, so do the mulchers(very aggresive tread) wear my driveline out prematurely? Clutch, Diff fluids, Dog bones? If so, I can see that holeshots would be better for mechanical reasons, but how about handling(sticking corners, drifting, exploding out of corners)? My track is hard packed dirt, 90% dirt 10% sand. Would holeshots be a viable option for me vs. the crimefighters?

rebelracer246 05-21-2008 02:54 PM

RE: Holeshots or Crimefighters??

is it hard packed dirt and is it clay

phattracker 05-21-2008 02:54 PM

dirt not clay

rebelracer246 05-21-2008 02:57 PM

is it packed down or is it lose and how is it water very heavy or light

phattracker 05-21-2008 03:00 PM

well when its wet(in the mornin) it hooks like crazy. lots of traction. in the afternoon it gets a little dusty, not as much hook, but some. its easier to drive the turns in a drifting style in the afternoons. That is why i am wondering about holeshots.

Chopped02 05-21-2008 03:01 PM

The holeshots will be better suited for hard packed dirt/clay. If you are running a loose dirt track, crimefighters, bowties, gators, komodos etc... will grip better.

rebelracer246 05-21-2008 03:03 PM

ya i would agree with chopped02 on that one i run crimefighters

madmax22 05-21-2008 03:37 PM

i'd get the bow ties, sound like every thing you need...

rebelracer246 05-21-2008 03:39 PM

bowties and crimefighters are like the same thing

vnmsgt 05-21-2008 03:41 PM

I have run crimefighters and was the same as you, why would I get the holeshots with hardly no tread and I did not think I would get traction but boy was I wrong. The Holeshots will suprise you, even if you are not on perfect hard packed clay. I run both now but always like my holeshot better.

rebelracer246 05-21-2008 03:43 PM

there is that much of a differance?

vnmsgt 05-21-2008 03:45 PM

ORIGINAL: rebelracer246

there is that much of a differance?
I think you get alot more steering response and overall feel for the truck with holeshots then crimefighters or bowties. Of course if your track is nothing close to hard at all and is like sugar sand and real soft then the holeshots would not be good to get obviously.

hkenvy91 05-21-2008 05:53 PM

ORIGINAL: rebelracer246

bowties and crimefighters are like the same thing
actually they are a totally diffrent tire.
crimefighters offer an all-around traction package, both side bite and forward traction.
bowties offer increased forward traction at the expense of side bite.

if you are traction rolling alot , switch to bowties and it will eliminate it better

RcRacer37E 05-21-2008 08:31 PM

Last year when I ran the mbx5T I had hole shots up front and bows in back. Now Im running losi rims and tires. Over the winter I was picking up sets of four for fourty bucks. I also have sets of crime-bows and hole shots.
Hard packed clay, hole shots are hard to beat, but are trashed after a thirty minute run.

phattracker 05-22-2008 12:43 AM

that sucks that they wear that quick, on clay even. its not like your runnin on pavement. too bad