RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Truggy (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/)
-   -   Newbie with a ehaust question (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/7692178-newbie-ehaust-question.html)

r1nsho 07-03-2008 10:43 PM

Newbie with a ehaust question

Ok so i want to throw a pipe on my 8ight t 427. I'm not going to ask "whats the best pipe I can buy" but more like whats a good all around pipe. I here some werks pipes are pretty good and I've been looking at the jp-3 and jp-4. I like the jp's but a friend told me there junk. He's the type that if your not running what he is everything else is junk. So i thought i'd ask for some input. thanks

rebelracer246 07-03-2008 11:23 PM

RE: Newbie with a ehaust question

i would run a jp4 with that engine i am runing a sportworks .26 v2 and i have a jp3 and it runs great

Oasis TR 07-03-2008 11:31 PM

The JP series of pipes are not Junk..I have very good luck with them, The JP4 is a good all around pipe..Heres a few other pipes that have a good reputation..
Go Technology 1/8th EFRA 2047 1/8 Off Road Tuned Pipe w/Manifold..$84

Werks Racing 053 One Piece Tuned Pipe w/Smooth Flow Manifold..$89 Low to mid range

Werks Racing 2013 One Piece Tuned Pipe w/Smooth Flow Manifold..$94 Mid to top end

RD Logics High Performance 1/8 Off Road "Balanced" Tuned Pipe (Buggy/Truggy)..$64

Trinity Adam Drake Picco 069 1/8th Off-Road In-Line Tuned Pipe..$104..good bottom end..

TSAIS 1/8 Off-Road "Competition" Performance Pipe Set..$50..bottom end to mid..

Dynamite Platinum 1/8 053 MidRange Inline Exhaust System (Hard Anodized)..$49..great deal on a good pipe..

Dynamite Platinum 1/8 086 High Speed Inline Exhaust System (Hard Anodized)..$49..great deal on a good pipe..

Dynamite Platinum 1/8 007 High Torque Inline Exhaust System (Hard Anodized)..$49..great deal on a good pipe..

OFNA Jammin JP-3 Hard Anodized Off Road Tuned Pipe..$74..good all around pipe..

OFNA Jammin JP-4 Hard Anodized Off Road Tuned Pipe..$82..good all around pipe..

OS makes some great pipes as well as RB, Novarossi..I did not list the OS pipes for the reason of cost and from what I have read and seen pipes can make a difference in performance but at what point does cost justify a little bit of performance edge over a pipe that cost half..I think it's called diminishing returns..

slayer1halo 07-04-2008 06:56 PM

i run jp-3 on both of my cars and love them but i havent had experiance with other pipes but i have run the jp-3 on my mach 427 and its great

JP-3 = GREAT all around pipe

hkenvy91 07-04-2008 11:23 PM

ORIGINAL: slayer1halo

i run jp-3 on both of my cars and love them but i havent had experiance with other pipes but i have run the jp-3 on my mach 427 and its great

JP-3 = GREAT all around pipe
+1

Force4x4 07-05-2008 06:03 AM

I have JP-1's on both of my buggies and a JP-3 on my truggy and I love all of them. The JP-1 has insane low end and the JP-3 is an excellent all around pipe. I have not run other pipes but I would highly recommend JP pipes.

twomanytoys 07-05-2008 10:14 AM

Whoever said JP pipes are junk are out of thier mind. They are great pipes. Are there better pipes? Sure there are but all pipes work different on different engines. The JP 3 is a great all around pipe. My JP3 makes my cheaper engines run like raped apes.

r1nsho 07-05-2008 01:33 PM

I'm new to the game. I dont believe everything i hear. I've been looking at the jp's and i notice a lot of people have them, which made me think if they were junk then why would so many people have them. Anyway so i've narrowed it down to either the jp-3 or the jp-4. If anyone has any pipes for sale let me know I might pick up a couple to put in my box and try on different tracks. I'm still waiting to hear from a friend about a werks pipe and some other pipe for $50 for both!!!!

INTEGRA 07-05-2008 02:51 PM

the JP-3 and 4 are too similar to really need both....pick 1 and try another brand of pipe...U would be amazed at the difference 1 pipe will make compared to the next.

r1nsho 07-05-2008 02:55 PM

I wasnt going to buy both. I dont know whitch one i'm gunna buy. prolly the 4

INTEGRA 07-05-2008 02:58 PM

ORIGINAL: r1nsho

gotcha,......so if your looking for another pipe....id would reccomend a OFNA or Dynamite 086....every motor that ive ran em on has loved them....its an all around great pipe...like the JP's...but different...and cheep. :D

r1nsho 07-05-2008 03:01 PM

I'm also looking at Axe Rossi EFRA 2050

Technex 07-05-2008 03:48 PM

I've been very pleased with my JP4, very very nice coating on the hard coated one, so strong it's crazy. I bet if I took a hammer to it it wouldn't budge. Like a turbo effect after mid also :D. I've put stronger clutch springs on so the clutch starts right where the powerband is!

Oasis TR 07-05-2008 05:16 PM

ORIGINAL: INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: r1nsho

gotcha,......so if your looking for another pipe....id would reccomend a OFNA or Dynamite 086....every motor that ive ran em on has loved them....its an all around great pipe...like the JP's...but different...and cheep. :D
A friend of mine just bought the Dynamite Platinum 086 pipe and it's a great looking pipe, plus it runs really good..the LHS had them for $42..killer price..I think I'm going to get one..lol

INTEGRA 07-05-2008 07:08 PM

go for it....and if u got some extra $ get the dyna 053 aswell.....another Killer pipe :D