RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Truggy (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/)
-   -   Looking for a top Truggy (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/7707883-looking-top-truggy.html)

Logi3 07-08-2008 02:12 PM

Looking for a top Truggy

Currently racing an ST-1, im looking for something a bit more Pro, also having a hard time finding 50% of the parts for it aswell normally having to wait 1-3 weeks.

I like the look of the Xray XT8, X2-CRT and also the Mugen MBX5T Truggy (Prospec). But i dont know much about Mugen/Xray only that they where designed to race at the highest level. What else do people reccomend that can compete at the highest level, i know driving is a major factor. But if you got the right tool to do with the driving, you can win :)

madmax22 07-08-2008 03:45 PM

RE: Looking for a top Truggy

umm i think all the best racers at my LHS's are running 8T's..... I just dont like 8T's thats just my own opinion....

DS 07-08-2008 03:57 PM

i agree madmax22 i dont like them either. but yes the 8t is what everyone runs. whe i went to the glorcs thats all i seen and a couple mugens. hopefully when i race im going to kick losi *****, ttr rocks lol

Mufasa_719 07-08-2008 04:28 PM

Any of thoes you listed will do you no wrong. Like madmaxx said another popular choise would be the 8T

Logi3 07-08-2008 04:35 PM

Narrowed it down to the XT8 and the MBX-5T Prospec. Giving me a dam headache trying to decide between them! Can anyone point out what does what better? Does one offer better aspects then the other and vice versa?

Mufasa_719 07-08-2008 04:42 PM

all I know is that X-ray is top notch and Mugen is extremely Tuff

ssj2 07-08-2008 05:06 PM

Although I haven't raced my Mugen MBX5T Prospec, I can vouch for the quality of the kit. I bought it already built so I didn't have the privilege of building it myself, however, the thing is built so frikken well. The parts are all high quality steel, carbon fiber, etc. I have had zero problems with wearing, just the normal stuff like clutch bearings or what not. The truck does great and I could only imagine what it can do on the track if only I was a better driver. I plan on possibly jumping the MBX5T, don't know yet though. I'll vouch for the Mugen in that you will not be unhappy, that goes for the rest of the trucks you listed too.

SycoCell 07-08-2008 05:09 PM

I vote go with the 8T. I personally run that, and all the best guys at all the tracks i've gone to run them.

j_blaze 07-08-2008 05:16 PM

if parts is an issue then buy the one with the best local parts support. usually losi, kyosho, mugen, ofna/jammin. i vote hyper st pro.

mx757 07-08-2008 06:59 PM

the only big problem i see with the mugens and x ray truggies are that it may be tough to get parts. If you have a local shop that keeps stuff in stock (or a bank account that allows you to have back up everything) I would say go with those. My cen matrix truggy is a pretty sweet ride too...

Oasis TR 07-08-2008 07:21 PM

Hum..anybody remember the MBX5T is going to be discontinued..Mugen is getting ready to release the 6 series..and not to mention the Mugen pushes more than most truggies..and on the better built??? Every PRO level truggy i have built have ALL been well built..this is not the 90's..even the lower priced truggies are well built nowadays (Caster)..I would be some what leery of the MBX5T on the European style tracks as it does push..for all you guys that think a mugen does not push..Go drive a Losi or Kyosho then drive a Mugen..You'll see..you can get some of the push out but it's still their..;)..and I'm not hating on the Mugen..I own one..So Logi3..How come a Kyosho is not on your list?? for European style tracks they are fast..

Nathan9492 07-08-2008 10:00 PM

Xray XT8

/thread

Logi3 07-09-2008 03:02 AM

ORIGINAL: Oasis TR

Hum..anybody remember the MBX5T is going to be discontinued..Mugen is getting ready to release the 6 series..and not to mention the Mugen pushes more than most truggies..and on the better built??? Every PRO level truggy i have built have ALL been well built..this is not the 90's..even the lower priced truggies are well built nowadays (Caster)..I would be some what leery of the MBX5T on the European style tracks as it does push..for all you guys that think a mugen does not push..Go drive a Losi or Kyosho then drive a Mugen..You'll see..you can get some of the push out but it's still their..;)..and I'm not hating on the Mugen..I own one..So Logi3..How come a Kyosho is not on your list?? for European style tracks they are fast..

Kyosho is hardly stocked in the UK, there is no local shops at all that stock parts and very limited supply online, so must bits would have to come from the states. I read another thread about the Mugen, there not d/c just out of stock at the Japan factory and parts will be supplied for another 3 to 4 years. MBX6 out end of the year.

I dont think i have ever seen anyone driving a Kyosho over here, i looked at the ST-RR but was well put off due to parts. There a few sights that have good stocks of Mugen parts and Xray, but in the end i've gone for the Mugen prospec, brand spanking new and its £110 off UK list price!