RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Truggy (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/)
-   -   Bang for the Buck Pipe? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/8462602-bang-buck-pipe.html)

DustnF 02-10-2009 07:24 PM

Bang for the Buck Pipe?

I am looking for a good pipe to go with my Losi Mach 427. I am really looking for bang for the buck.

Sugafree 02-10-2009 07:28 PM

RE: Bang for the Buck Pipe?

Losi HT Pipe (They Call it Sport pipe for the Truggy as the stinger Points to the Side);) can be found on e bay with header for like $30

HerrSavage 02-10-2009 07:29 PM

No doubt about it - stock Muggy pipe..

I've been running a Mach in my truggies for a while now, and have experimented a bit. And after trying an 053 and JP-2, I am definitely going back to the stock Muggy pipe. Heck, you can probably find one on e-bay for 20 bucks.

Case closed IMHO... :)

EDIT - Aha, Sugafree beat me to it. We're talking about the same pipe...

DustnF 02-10-2009 07:43 PM

Is the stock muggy pipe the same as the one that came in my 8ight-T RTR? I dont need to go super cheap, but I would like to stay reasonable.

K_B 02-10-2009 08:06 PM

I have heard good things about the Dynamite pipes. They run around 40 bucks I think.

Draxan 02-10-2009 08:46 PM

i got SH EFRA NO 2060 and i think about use it in LST2 with 427 engine. This pipe is a good idea? What do You think?

jaywax 02-10-2009 10:51 PM

Hands down the hard coated Dynamite pipes. You can get 007ht, 053, or 086. $40 something. Check any major online dealer.

HerrSavage 02-11-2009 12:58 AM

ORIGINAL: DustnF

Is the stock muggy pipe the same as the one that came in my 8ight-T RTR? I dont need to go super cheap, but I would like to stay reasonable.
I'm not sure about that, but one thing (among others..) Losi does right on their RTR's is pipes - speaking from LST2 and Muggy experience. Not everything on an RTR needs to be upgraded..

Not sure if the 8T and Muggy pipes are the same. I would kind of expect it.. Look up some pics and compare..

And as mentioned, a lot of people recommended the 053 to go with the Mach, so I got the nice hard ano Dynamite one, but I thought it absolutely killed the top-end. Bottom end was great, but top end was completely absent, I mean a shocking lack of top speed. I guess it's good mostly for multi-gear MT's..

stussman 02-11-2009 06:10 AM

Thunder tiger 2035

HerrSavage 02-11-2009 07:01 AM

ORIGINAL: stussman

Thunder tiger 2035

I've never tried one, but I have heard good things about it over the years... What's it comparable to?

Draxan 02-11-2009 09:00 AM

and what about this SH EFRA NO 2060 pipe???

HerrSavage 02-11-2009 09:09 AM

I don't know. The intended pipe for the Nosram 21RR is a 2063, and the intended pipe for the Orion CRF 21 is the 2066.. Both those engines are Picco-21 based, so maybe identical??... Maybe the 2060 is similar??

Got a pic??

EDIT - hay wait, isn't the 2060 the OS pipe that's normally so expensive?? Maybe yours is just an SH copy?? Supposed to be great with the OS Speed, 28XZ, etc...

Oasis TR 02-11-2009 02:01 PM

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

ORIGINAL: DustnF

I'm not sure about that, but one thing (among others..) Losi does right on their RTR's is pipes - speaking from LST2 and Muggy experience. Not everything on an RTR needs to be upgraded..

Not sure if the 8T and Muggy pipes are the same. I would kind of expect it.. Look up some pics and compare..

And as mentioned, a lot of people recommended the 053 to go with the Mach, so I got the nice hard ano Dynamite one, but I thought it absolutely killed the top-end. Bottom end was great, but top end was completely absent, I mean a shocking lack of top speed. I guess it's good mostly for multi-gear MT's..
The 086 is a better choice for the Mach on a big track..the Mach has pretty good bottom end power but is lacking a bit on the Top, It will benefit from a Top end pipe..But once again choice of pipes does depend on what the application is for..If the guys that are recommending a pipe race on a small technical track and YOU race on a big wide open track..what you NEED and what they are recommending are not the same..and it also depends on how you want your Truggy to perform..plus if your really serious about racing you can get two Dynamite pipes for the price of one Jammin pipe..get the 086 and the 053..small track pipe and big track pipe..I generally dont take just one pipe to the track..I will change pipes if I want my motor to perform differently..Just another tuning tool..

steve307b 02-11-2009 02:51 PM

Thanks for the great info and it makes sense. But one thing... I thought I had all my tuning tools, drivers, etc in my box,But now I need another 50 buck pipe for tuning ? Dang the money pit is never ending. lol :)

Oasis TR 02-11-2009 03:41 PM

ORIGINAL: steve307b

Thanks for the great info and it makes sense. But one thing... I thought I had all my tuning tools, drivers, etc in my box,But now I need another 50 buck pipe for tuning ? Dang the money pit is never ending. lol :)
so did i..and no one told me about the Dynamite pipes..I bought the Jammin pipes..JP-1, JP-2, JP-3 and the JP-4..[X(]..and I take at least 3 motors to the track and all the different springs and clutches, plus at least 2 sets of diffs with different wt. of diff fluids..your right about the never ending..I dont really change a lot of stuff anymore..I use to..but now I take more of a "zen approach" to tuning nowadays (some call it lazy..[sm=lol.gif]) For Delta I always liked a bottom/mid pipe..for the reason of the short approaches to the jumps on the tracks they use to run..it's been awhile but from the videos I have seen it still seems to be the case..

Draxan 02-12-2009 06:44 AM

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

I don't know. The intended pipe for the Nosram 21RR is a 2063, and the intended pipe for the Orion CRF 21 is the 2066.. Both those engines are Picco-21 based, so maybe identical??... Maybe the 2060 is similar??

Got a pic??

EDIT - hay wait, isn't the 2060 the OS pipe that's normally so expensive?? Maybe yours is just an SH copy?? Supposed to be great with the OS Speed, 28XZ, etc...
when i clean this pipe i make a pics for You.

mabuecker 02-12-2009 06:04 PM

id watch for a good used jp3. you wouldnt be disapointed.

Eganwp 02-12-2009 06:12 PM

TTR 2035 is an amazing pipe and recommended by a lot of people. Plus it's like $45. I've talked to a few people that like it a lot better than the JP-X pipes. I'm currently running it on my JPX .28 but am looking at possibly trying a dynamite 086 pipe for a screaming top end and less bottom. :)

Draxan 02-14-2009 07:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
and there is a pic of my SH 2060 pipe :

Draxan 02-16-2009 08:53 PM

and its quiet now becouse everybody dont belive i got so great pipe ;):D . Its like: "OMG!!! How the hell he got so great pipe like this!!!" :);)

Hoese37 02-16-2009 10:25 PM

The Thunder Tiger 2035 pipe is the same as the Team Associated Factory Team 2035 pipe. These are also known as 053 pipes.

Draxan 02-18-2009 07:50 PM

So, if my SH is realy OS 2060 pipe, it is good for Losi 427 or the oryginal Losi HT pipe is beter ?

r1nsho 02-25-2009 05:08 PM

i run an axe rossi 2050. work very well for me!!!! but its about 70 bucks. I wish i would have bought a hard coated pipe though

cat samich 02-25-2009 05:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Draxan

and its quiet now becouse everybody dont belive i got so great pipe ;):D . Its like: "OMG!!! How the hell he got so great pipe like this!!!" :);)

lol'd when i read this.