RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Truggy (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/)
-   -   engine mods (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/9083152-engine-mods.html)

just toys 09-09-2009 10:11 PM

engine mods

who does this ? and how do you like your moddded engines . and why

INTEGRA 09-10-2009 09:49 PM

RE: engine mods

ORIGINAL: just toys

who does this ? and how do you like your moddded engines . and why

Clockwork Mods does All my motor's......i cant think of when the last time was i ran a stock motor.....Overall if your serious about racing it might be something to look into...but if your just playing around a modded motor isn't exactly Needed.......but if you want to blow the doors of a buddy's car a modded motor is a quick ticket to that.

PowerHouse RC Performance 09-10-2009 10:45 PM

I am an engine modifier. I specialize in all engine brands and can custom tailer your engine to improve performance on various levels whether you are looking for improved fuel milage, lower running temps, increased powerall aroundor all of the above. I can increase throttle response or smooth an engine out if you need it tobe smoothlike an electric motor. There are many reasons why someone would want to have their engine modified as everyone has a different need and it is up to the customer to decide exactly what he would like that particular engine to do. You will hear alot of opinions but it always comes down to what you want the engine to do for you!! Just because the engine is "modified" doesn't always mean it is an overpowered beast that isn't needed in most situations. It simply means it is altered from stock to perform to a specific application thatis desired by the customer.In the end, you are ultimately the decider on how your particular modded engine will perform for your desired application. Do your homework and talk with various modders and go with whoever you feel will give you your desired outcome.

www.PowerHouseRCPerformance.com

K_B 09-11-2009 11:37 AM

I'd be curious to know how many pros run "modded" motors. My only reason to run a modified motor would be for runtime. I keep hearing that modified motors get better runtime.

Colt4g63 09-11-2009 12:51 PM

Feel free to give AB Mods a look as well. I have been doing this for MANY years with great success and World Records. I would be more then happy to help you out in anyway that i can.

Samson4721 09-11-2009 10:26 PM

Out of curiousity how does the modding of any engine effect its lifespan? Would I get better performance and same lifespan?

Colt4g63 09-14-2009 03:58 PM

To be honest the way the engine is maintained has more of an effect of engine life then anything. A modified engine when done properly will run more efficiently and have just as long of a life span if taken care of and not over reved and abused.

just toys 09-19-2009 06:24 PM

thanks for the info. will be getting one done this fall