RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Truggy (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/)
-   -   Engines for Losi 8ight (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/9642591-engines-losi-8ight.html)

Rikuru 04-06-2010 07:45 PM

Engines for Losi 8ight

Hey all, just bought a Losi 8ight T Roller and i'm trying to figure out what engines besides the stock motor. I'm new to the 1/8th scale world so just tryin to get a scope on the scene.

HerrSavage 04-07-2010 03:46 AM

RE: Engines for Losi 8ight

1.) Budget?
2.) Tuning/setup ability?
3.) serious, comptetive racing, or more messing around?

I would take a serious look at a Go GXR 5-port combo set. Cheap, powerful, reliable.

There are a TON of options out there, across a WIDE price-range, so you kind of need to be more specific about what you want and plan to be doing..

If you've got the dough, I'd get a modded engine from supertib, or the new OS 25..

As I said, tons of options...

mrsheldon 04-07-2010 02:24 PM

BANG FOR YOUR BUCK JL RED DOT .28, OR PICCO .28 ,AND LRP.28,30. tHIS IS THE BUGGY RIGHT?

jmaxey51 04-07-2010 02:43 PM

do not go with a 28 no mater what, IMO they are a waste. i say go with a Jammin JPX 21, nova BF or plus 4, werks B5 or even an Ofna JL 21. those are cheap and great for racing or bashing. the JPX 21 is an animal!!! i have a stock one and it is so fast you can barely handle it. if there is a good bit of traction the front wheels wont be on the ground in a truggy. its crazy fast.

chada822 04-11-2010 04:35 PM

RB C6 T7 turbowith a JP4 pipe all the way.With that baby tunned nothing will touch you. Its got it all power, torque,and reliability.Pricey but worth every cent.

[email protected] 04-11-2010 09:12 PM

<span style="font-family: Times; font-size: medium; "><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; background-image: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; -webkit-background-clip: initial; -webkit-background-origin: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Arial; font-size: 12px; background-position: initial initial; ">

<span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 1px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 1px; ">do not go with a 28 no mater what, IMO they are a waste. i say go with a Jammin JPX 21, nova BF or plus 4, werks B5 or even an Ofna JL 21. those are cheap and great for racing or bashing. the JPX 21 is an animal!!! i have a stock one and it is so fast you can barely handle it. if there is a good bit of traction the front wheels wont be on the ground in a truggy. its crazy fast. <span style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 12px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; ">
</span></span></div><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; background-image: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; -webkit-background-clip: initial; -webkit-background-origin: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Arial; font-size: 12px; background-position: initial initial; ">
</div><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; background-image: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; -webkit-background-clip: initial; -webkit-background-origin: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Arial; font-size: 12px; background-position: initial initial; ">
</div><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; background-image: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; -webkit-background-clip: initial; -webkit-background-origin: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Arial; font-size: 12px; background-position: initial initial; ">
</div><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; background-image: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; -webkit-background-clip: initial; -webkit-background-origin: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Arial; font-size: 12px; background-position: initial initial; ">Why not go with a .28? think its a dumb thing to say but hey let us no why.</div></span>

K_B 04-11-2010 09:52 PM

A .21 has plenty of torque to move a buggy. A .28 is more suited for something heavier like a truggy. With a .28, traction can become an issue with all that torque and the skinnier buggy tires. And a .21 will get better fuel economy.

jmaxey51 04-11-2010 10:02 PM

ORIGINAL: chada822

RB C6 T7 turbowith a JP4 pipe all the way.With that baby tunned nothing will touch you. Its got it all power, torque,and reliability.Pricey but worth every cent.
i had one and hated it. everytime the temp changed one degree the tune was off, i have seen so many people get so frustrated with it that they lean it out, crank it up and hold it wide open till it blows... the WS7 is awesome though.

<br type="_moz" />

jmaxey51 04-11-2010 10:05 PM

a 28 is to much for a truggy too! a 28 is ok for a basher but for a racer not at all. 21 will get 10+min on a tank and a 28 will be lucky to get 7 min a tank. plus a decent 21 will out preform a good 28.

supertib 04-11-2010 10:18 PM

Clockwork Modified OFNA JL .21....easy to tune, already broken in, affordable and absolutely ballistic ! extremely powerful, yet still very smooth on the trigger......