RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Truggy (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/)
-   -   New aquisition (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-truggy-399/9820630-new-aquisition.html)

SyCo_VeNoM 06-22-2010 08:05 PM

New aquisition

1 Attachment(s)
I FINALLY got my jammin X1 CRT roller in the mail. Stupid post office lost if for about 1 week...
Box came all beaten and torn up...

anyways I was kind of disappointed in the roller to an extent
the engine mounts the last owner it seems decided to use red loctite on to hold them in place. Than I'm guessing the guy couldn't get it out so he drilled it out very poorly, To the point he drilled a new hole into the chassis to hold the mount on...
Couldn't see that in the picture's no angle showed it.
2 of the nuts that hold the wheels on were missing. I slapped a new set of hex's I got from hot bodies awhile back on figured its cheaper than ordering the nuts themselves. I actually got like 8 full sets off hotbodies when they did their garage sale for $2 a pair.

Body it shipped with was kinda screwed up, and the wing I find is meh going to replace it with a wing I have laying around. Its also missing all the radio box's screws...

Rest seems good though. I paid $115 for it.
Now to goto the LHS and get it a new body, and some rims so I can slap some new masher 2k's that I picked up for $1 for 4 last year on it :D

Only thing I'm torn on is should I replace the motor mount and try out the 2 nitro engines I have laying around (not sure if either work they were sold in used savages). Or do I just order the BL conversion kit.
My original plan was to bolt em to the motor mounts to see if the engines worked, if not order the kit off RC monster without putting any cash into testing the motors but that plan is shot due to the mounts being un-usable.
Motors: one is a STS .30 DM I took completely down, polished up and resealed cause it wasn't able to be tuned, and had rust on it. Had stale fuel in the engine & tank, and it was set so lean the piston was charred black
Other is a Mach .26 that looks like it MIGHT work.
Other idea that entered my mind was get the RCmonster conversion plates, a 120a ESC off hobby king with a 2300 KV motor, and hook up 4S to it.

Heres pics

jmaxey51 06-22-2010 08:54 PM

RE: New aquisition

i hope you like it. and BTW thats a RTR truggy without the engine and all. i highly recommend getting a pro chassis. i might sell my brand new one i never used.

SyCo_VeNoM 06-23-2010 08:48 AM

I know its the RTR actually only reason I bid the minimum bid and not a penny higher. Figured $115 wasn't too bad seeing the RTR roller I was looking at the week before went for over $200 and the only thing it had that this one didn't were some extremely used tires on it.

would the X2 PRO CRT chassis work?
I know alot of parts are interchangeable

jmaxey51 06-23-2010 03:37 PM

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

I know its the RTR actually only reason I bid the minimum bid and not a penny higher. Figured $115 wasn't too bad seeing the RTR roller I was looking at the week before went for over $200 and the only thing it had that this one didn't were some extremely used tires on it.

would the X2 PRO CRT chassis work?
I know alot of parts are interchangeable
it will work but you will also need: chassis braces (both of them and get the stock plastic ones), both center drive shafts, radio tray, fuel tank, and the stone guards. everything else you can bolt on but still need a little more to make it a complete X2.

ive owned both and actually still have both. the X1 was a parts truggy. but both of mine are pro kits.<br type="_moz" />

chaserogesr14 06-23-2010 04:19 PM

i ran the x1 crt with that hobbyking brushless setup and the motor was not so good but that esc is descent and outlasted the motor by far, id also suggest the 16mm big bore shcoks for that

SyCo_VeNoM 07-02-2010 06:19 PM

well I decided to go brushless with it
Reasoning I've had issues finding the motor mounts for one. The mounts I bought for it are too short.
Another is I just did a complete tear down of it now to clean it up, the gas tank looks like its on its last leg, I'll need a new exhaust seeing the one I planned to use won't fit on the side it needs to, also the nitro engine I have sitting here I THINK works, it feels like it has pinch but its never been tested.
For its brushless system I think I'll slap my MM 1/8th ESC and 2650? Neu motor in it out of my savage seeing those are getting quite warm in the savage(the motor and esc hit 113 degrees in 8 mins while it was 80 out), and I can't gear it any lower.
They should do alot better in this rig seeing it is a hell of alot lighter. I'll just get a 150A HK esc and a 2100kv motor for the savage later on.

Also just noticed I have like a 60 something tooth spur gear in it, would a 40ish tooth spur from a Jammin X1 CR work better with a 2650 KV motor, and a 14, or 18t pinion? I'm thinking the Jamin CR gear would allow better gearing options, and allow me to flip the center gear around so I can mount the motor forward and slap 2 battery trays on the rear. They won't fit with the gear as is, but will clear it by 4mms it I rotate it.

Side note the tear down was NOT fun the previous owner decided to red loc-tite EVERY single screw that goes into metal on the chassis. I had to use a lighter on the metal poles for 5 minutes to get the center diff mounts off...

worstluck 07-20-2010 10:47 PM

if you are going to run the x1 ring and pinions with a 44t spur ive found using a 12t pinion works best. i had that same rig, & used the tekno kit to convert it. im currently using that gearing with a 2200 motor.

SyCo_VeNoM 07-21-2010 09:34 AM

ORIGINAL: worstluck

if you are going to run the x1 ring and pinions with a 44t spur ive found using a 12t pinion works best. i had that same rig, & used the tekno kit to convert it. im currently using that gearing with a 2200 motor.
yea kinda found that out already
I lost 3 or 4 teeth on my 18t pinion after 5 minutes of run time on its test ;)

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9867005/tm.htm

I got 2 short vids in the thread I made on it

Sucker was pulling wheelies non stop and doing back flips. Also the motor and esc got quite warm quite fast so I figured it was over geared
I was planning to use the 11t pinion I have laying around in it from another RC that was undergeared when I made it. Also going to order some diff fluids seeing I'm sure that they part of my issue.

supertib 07-21-2010 11:22 AM

You are way overgeared for that engine dude..... We were running 2200 KV motors on a 16th pinion but were having nothing but overheating issues in the Truggies, we now have gone to 1875 motors and have found the sweet spot...a 2650 is going to need a 13th pinion just to keep from frying itself in a Truggy....

SyCo_VeNoM 07-21-2010 12:11 PM

its actually a 2200kv NEU motor
so a 12T should work (I hope seeing I ordered one today along with a few bottlesof diff fluid, and a new bumper mount)
on 18t it didn't get insanely hot (seeing it was already like 105 outside) it just got alot hotter than I would like.