Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

H9 F4U Corsair Maiden

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

H9 F4U Corsair Maiden

Old 11-21-2010, 09:56 AM
audi murf
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H9 F4U Corsair Maiden

New guy here!Had a trainer and a Sundowner that are no longer with us (RIP)so i decided to buy an F4U Corsair!OOOOPS! beautiiful plane, Awesome to fly, TOUGHto land as a beginner! Iput my Go Pro in the cock pit to hunt down some planes in the field since there are pressumed to be a few there. Was going to upload HDcopy but you tube was having a fuss at the file size.

One thing, this landing gear SUCKS. Need to find a cheap alternative!

Enjoy

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wROvwVNoISc[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wROvwVNoISc

Shaun Murphy
USN
Old 11-21-2010, 10:10 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Default RE: H9 F4U Corsair Maiden

NIce flying , I typically use air retracts , but added some VQ struts to stock , seem to hold up ok
Old 11-21-2010, 10:17 AM
Mk23socom
My Feedback: (7)

Now thats some light hearted stuff!!
Old 11-21-2010, 11:04 AM
CorsairJock
My Feedback: (90)

ORIGINAL: audi murf
.............One thing, this landing gear SUCKS. Need to find a cheap alternative!.............

Shaun Murphy
USN
Yes it does, many of us have put up with it for awhile, and eventually installed something better. Cheap landing gear is what comes with it, so why would one want to replace it with cheap alternative? if you want GOOD/ BETTER gear, you will have to pay for it. Many here will tell you there is only one choice (depending on who, as each has thier own opinion as to which is 'best').
There are in fact several good choices, none of them cheap.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:07 PM
Buckmeister

Looks like you were having fun, which in my opinion is waht it is all about. I hope the "nose overs" weren't too damaging, but if the camera made it, I'm sure the plane is easily repairable.
Keep having fun
Old 11-21-2010, 07:16 PM
aerowoof

looks likr you have the nose down when trying to land and are having trouble slowing down as a result.need to pull the nose up a little and add just enough throttle to allow the plane to fly with out stalling but descend/sink at the same time.then once across the threshold chop the power and prepare to flair just before touch down.good luck.what engine are you using?I picked one up with an ASP 1.08 2 stroke in it.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:36 PM
thedeeman

You need a set of Lado Retracts. I use them in all my hangar 9 planes. They make a big difference. And you can now get struts from lado that are a perfect fit. Check out Magnum RC for the retracts and struts. The strut size for the hangar 9 corsair is 125mm. You have to purchase the 130mm size and then pay a little extra from them to have them resized to 125mm. I'll be ordering mine when they get back in stock.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:43 PM
mike early

ORIGINAL: thedeeman

You need a set of Lado Retracts. when they get back in stock.
Seems a recurrent problem.
Look forward to when they release e-flite 60-120 Rotating Retracts.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:36 PM
spaceworm

ORIGINAL: aerowoof

...I picked one up with an ASP 1.08 2 stroke in it.
I have the ASP 1.08 RedHead. Is yours the same, and what diferences are between it and the non red head? I have an old ASP .91 and have had to use non nitro fuel in it to keep it from overheating and blowing plugs. What fuel and prop are you using in the 1.08. Thanks.

regards, Richard
Old 11-22-2010, 12:30 AM
91zulu
My Feedback: (2)

If you are using a Jtec muffler or Bission after market with the ASP 91 and 108 make sure you are getting enough back pressure in the muffler so that your fuel tank get enough pressure to feed fuel to those big carbs. Most times not enough fuel is going to the carb causing lean runs even though you open up the hi speed needle 3 or 4 turns. See if you can get the engine to 4 cycle, if you can`t then you need to increase to pressure in the tank. You can do a submerge pressure or squeeze off the exhaust pipes. I ran a 108 with 10%, it can be done even though you don`t need to, FAI is good enough. You just have to feed that carb, its big.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:35 AM
91zulu
My Feedback: (2)

108 13x8 - 14x6 depends on your style of flying. After the engine is broken in try a 14x8 or 13x10
Old 11-22-2010, 08:46 AM
audi murf
My Feedback: (1)

yeah, i dont get paid to fly these beasts so i gotta have fun! thanks for the tips on landing. The only damage was the rudder broke on one of the nose overs. that has been fixed and will last until it happens again! what a fun plane! Will be looking into the suggested landing gear!