Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

1/8 P&W Wasp kit, trade for Tiano radial

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

1/8 P&W Wasp kit, trade for Tiano radial

Old 02-11-2011, 09:23 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default 1/8 P&W Wasp kit, trade for Tiano radial

I have a brand new in the box Williams Brothers 1/8 scale Pratt & Whitney Wasp engine kit that I would like to trade straight across for a Frank Tiano 1/8 scale dummy radial. Below is a picture of the Wasp kit components as well as the assembled engine. I have opened up the packages to view the contents but no construction has been started. Any takers?

This is what I'm after, Tiano 1/8 scale (5 3/4" diameter) cast resin dummy radial. Not interested in any vac formed plastic radials, sorry.

Old 02-12-2011, 05:50 AM
glazier808
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 1/8 P&W Wasp kit, trade for Tiano radial

Chad,

I've had the Frank T casting, in my opinion aerotech has a better product. Perhaps it was just the one I got dunno, but Garys was very nice compared

Casey
Old 02-12-2011, 07:45 AM
51-D GUY
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a couple of pics of a Tiano Radial 1/5 scale ,

I've yet to see a Aerotech radial , But like the ones from Frank Tiano. I'm presently building a 1/4 scale Williams for a friend,

I modifyed the Crankcase on the Tiano, with half of an Easter Egg. I thought of doing a build thread of the 1/4 scale williams ,

It's not too late yet .

51-D GUY .
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74190.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	160.5 KB
ID:	1562192   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tq48995.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	1562193   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11593.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	1562194  
Old 02-12-2011, 09:13 AM
smchale
My Feedback: (67)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chad I'd take you up on that offer in a heartbeat, except that the one I have (and won't use) is the 1/6th scale version.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:51 AM
Chad Veich

ORIGINAL: glazier808
Chad,
I've had the Frank T casting, in my opinion aerotech has a better product. Perhaps it was just the one I got dunno, but Garys was very nice compared
Casey
Unfortunately they don't have one the right size Casey. I am going to order a static prop from them and would get the dummy radial as well but their smallest one is just a bit too big.

ORIGINAL: 51-D GUY
I've yet to see a Aerotech radial , But like the ones from Frank Tiano. I'm presently building a 1/4 scale Williams for a friend,
I modifyed the Crankcase on the Tiano, with half of an Easter Egg. I thought of doing a build thread of the 1/4 scale williams ,
It's not too late yet .

51-D GUY .
Looks good 51-D. I've used the Tiano radials in a couple of models, most recently my T-6. I too had to modify the crankcase (extended it) but I find them to be a good starting point.

ORIGINAL: smchale
Chad I'd take you up on that offer in a heartbeat, except that the one I have (and won't use) is the 1/6th scale version.
If I can't find someone to buy or trade for the kit Sean I may swap you for the 1/6 scale. It won't work in my little Hellcat but it would certainly work in my Don Lien Hellcat. I'll let you know.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:43 AM
smchale

Chad, sounds good. Can you share some more pics of your T6? What model is it?
Old 02-12-2011, 11:03 AM
Chad Veich

ORIGINAL: smchale
Chad, sounds good. Can you share some more pics of your T6? What model is it?

It's the old Midwest kit Sean. Very nice flyer at 16 pounds with an OS 1.60FX. Pics below by good friend Joe Balabon. (Unclejoe here at RCU)

Old 02-12-2011, 11:48 AM
smchale

Chad, very nice! I've always liked the T-6 and have been thinking of getting one of the KMP or ESM ones as a starting point. The short nose always seems to hold me back. I like the scheme you chose along with the added details and subtle weathering. Nice job on the exhaust stains...looks great!
Old 02-12-2011, 08:30 PM
Chad Veich

Thanks Sean, much appreciated. I ended up with a lot less nose weight than anticipated I am happy to say. The swept leading edge helps to increase the nose moment beyond what it appears to be. Along with the OS 1.60 I have a relatively heavy muffler (home made from steel), the Tiano radial, and about 8-10 ounces of nose weight as I recall. The battery pack is as far forward as I could get it but the remainder of the radio gear sits pretty much on or around the CG. I don't know how the KMP or ESM airplanes perform but this one flies more like a pattern ship than an old trainer!
Old 02-13-2011, 12:18 AM
Scale Specialties

Chad, it was nice to have Val R. introduce me to you a couple of weeks back at the SVF. I make a couple of radials smaller than the one Gary is listing on his Aerotech homepage(6.75"). PM me for the details. Just a point of clarification for everyone, all of the props and dummy engines sold by Aerotech are made by me and are Scale Specialties products not Aerotech's. With a full-time job, I try to avoid the order taking so Aerotech ends up being my number one distributor. Gary sells most of my stuff but I usually have less common items that he does not always have listed. Also, unlike Frankie's our dummy motors are cast parts pigmented, so no painting is necessary. We also cast the pushrods in a central ring, so they don't have to be individually placed as well.
Regards, Dave
Old 02-13-2011, 05:52 AM
glazier808
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As I said aerotech "sells" very nice stuff. I was very impressed Dave!

Casey

It would have taken a couple of days just to clean up what I got from FT to even be able to compare. (so much flash on part)
Old 02-13-2011, 01:52 PM
Scale Specialties

Thanks Casey!
Old 02-13-2011, 07:38 PM
Chad Veich

ORIGINAL: Scale Specialties
Chad, it was nice to have Val R. introduce me to you a couple of weeks back at the SVF. I make a couple of radials smaller than the one Gary is listing on his Aerotech homepage(6.75''). PM me for the details. Just a point of clarification for everyone, all of the props and dummy engines sold by Aerotech are made by me and are Scale Specialties products not Aerotech's. With a full-time job, I try to avoid the order taking so Aerotech ends up being my number one distributor. Gary sells most of my stuff but I usually have less common items that he does not always have listed. Also, unlike Frankie's our dummy motors are cast parts pigmented, so no painting is necessary. We also cast the pushrods in a central ring, so they don't have to be individually placed as well.
Regards, Dave
It was a pleasure to meet you as well Dave and have a look at the pics of your awesome FW project. Hard to believe you used to live down here and yet we had never run across each other previously. Over the years I've probably had at least a dozen of our mutual friends ask me if I had ever met you before. Now I can tell them yes! I will PM you in regards to the dummy radial. If you have what I need I will most certainly purchase from you.

Thanks all!
Old 02-13-2011, 09:42 PM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: 51-D GUY

It's not too late yet .

51-D GUY .
May I ask, what engine is that one you built a model of?
Old 03-09-2015, 06:26 PM
Flier101
My Feedback: (2)

Is aerotech still in business. I had a 1/4 PW in a Hostetler SR 10 theat went in.. Am building a new plane and trying to find the copnay. Any help?????
Old 03-09-2015, 07:31 PM
Chad Veich

Aerotech is no longer in business but you can get the Scale Specialties stuff directly from Dave these days if that is what you are after.

http://www.scalespecialties.com/