Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

any one building a TF GE corsair ?

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

any one building a TF GE corsair ?

Old 09-04-2011, 08:06 PM
charlesp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any one building a TF GE corsair ?

any one building a TF GE corsair ? I just got one started and its my first warbird build
Old 09-04-2011, 08:44 PM
lear31A
My Feedback: (123)

Default RE: any one building a TF GE corsair ?

There are one or two building here........
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3109744/tm.htm
Old 09-05-2011, 04:09 AM
CorsairJock
My Feedback: (90)

Which one ('60 size', or 'giant scale')?
Either way, I strongly recommend that you read at least the first 20 or so pages of this thread, which is mainly ablout the '60 size' version:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_96...corsair/tm.htm

There are some tips in there that will not only improve it's looks, but also make more durable and better flying.

There are some other threads in here also, which should be of help, but I know the "SEACH" at RCU just plain sucks, and it has for a long time.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:39 PM
charlesp

It is the 60 size. Thx for the links. I have ben looking them over and is alot of info in them. It looks like it will take me a while to build this one
Old 09-06-2011, 07:07 AM
wingman_63

Hi CharlesP - This is my 1st ever post here although I have followed several build threads over the last year or two!

I've recently acquired from eBay a TF Giant Scale Corsair kit which I shall be starting soon. I see you are building a .60 size corsair and I shall follow any build thread you may start with interest.

There is some monumental talent and expertise out there, not least on the various build threads for the TF Corsair!!  Gives me something to aspire to.

I think my build will be over significant time as I am wheelchair bound following a high level spinal cord injury - I won't dwell on that, but it does mean everything takes longer - "adapt and overcome" etc !!

I have especially been working through a "Group Build Top Flite Corsair" thread which appears to be still running and dates from 2005!!  If I post my progress it will be on that forum if they'll have me - good luck with your build and let me know where I can follow it.

I hope  to add much scale detail and to power the bird with an evolution radial (if poss) driving a three blade solo prop.  This also dictates a drawn out timescale due to the costs involved!

Dave
Old 09-06-2011, 01:59 PM
charlesp

I am not real skilled in building. This is only my 4th kit and 1st warbird build. The rest have all ben ARFs.(boreing[]) What I am trying to do with this one is try to do mods for the first time, as well as glassing for the first time. hope it comes out well