Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Ziroli A-D1 Skyraider

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Ziroli A-D1 Skyraider

Old 03-18-2021, 06:14 AM
gonzalobures

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Finished model, does not have yet the center plylon with the 3rd releasable payload.

Finished model, this view is missing something in my mind. Decided to install middle pylon with additional payload.

Old 03-18-2021, 06:16 AM
gonzalobures

Thanks Phil, such a nice model with this design weak point. Hope this helps others in the process of building so they prevent some pain....

Your A! looks magnificent. The bomb release looks very real. Thanks for sharing. Love the Sandy scheme.

Last edited by gonzalobures; 03-18-2021 at 06:27 AM.
Old 03-29-2021, 08:16 AM
gonzalobures

Finished A1 Skyraider. Already balanced and ready for flight. With center releasable Fuel tank and two external pylons with releasable Napalms.

Finished A1 Skyraider. Already balanced and ready for flight. With center releasable Fuel tank and two external pylons with releasable Napalms.

Finished A1 Skyraider. Already balanced and ready for flight. With three external pylons with releasable Napalms.

Finished A1 Skyraider. Already balanced and ready for flight. With three external pylons with releasable Napalms.
Old 04-07-2021, 12:41 PM
gonzalobures

Took the A1 Skyraider to our club today, tested the engine, taxied and everythings fine. Even thou the photos show a reasonable day, 20 minutes after the sky opened and it did not stop raining. So the maiden is moved to next wednesday.

Old 04-15-2021, 03:20 AM
gonzalobures

Once more strucked out. On 4/14/21 wento to the club to give "Chona" its re-maiden, but the wind did not cooperate. It was crossed 90 degrees fully from the north. Not good conditions for a maiden.
Did taxi once more to burn some gas and anxiety. Will try again next wednesday.
A friend did take a video of the taxing:

Old 04-28-2021, 01:19 PM
gonzalobures

Finally, today 4/28/21, I was able to give the re-maiden. The weather was not good at all, but did not want to wait any longer. After three aborted re-maiden visits to the field, today was the day. Flew the A1 Skyraider with all its payload off to test it as clean as possible.

It rained, with the thunder clouds the wind was crazy changing direction continously. There was lightning, there was rain, there was strong wind, but it was done. During the maiden the wind was East/Norhteast or 45 degrees to the runway.

Lightning started after I took off, if not I would have aborted specially with my old whip mghz antena.

This is the video.

The following users liked this post:
uncleTom (05-01-2021)
Old 05-01-2021, 06:36 AM
uncleTom
My Feedback: (30)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice work, Love the Skyraider! You had a lightning rod in your hands brother.
Old 05-02-2021, 06:14 AM
gonzalobures

Originally Posted by uncleTom View Post
Nice work, Love the Skyraider! You had a lightning rod in your hands brother.
Tom, felt with the potential of been Thor for a short while. Tkanks God nothing happened. I landed as soon as the display started and stored "Chona" for another day.
The following users liked this post:
uncleTom (05-02-2021)
Old 05-07-2021, 05:10 AM
gonzalobures

Yesterday, 5/6/21 had a full flying session with "Chona". At last all the ducks got in line and I was able to fly "Chona".

The Skyraider flew flawlessly although I cannot say the same for me. Had various flights but one of the landings was not good at all. The others were but that one wasn't.
At least the bad landing tested the wing repair and it stood to the test with flying colors.

The original wing breaking landing was 30% as bad as this one. That one broke the right landing gear of the wing along with the parts of the wing structure. This bad landing was a lot more stressfull on the area and no harm done. The fix worked although I am ashamed of such a poor demosntration.

The other landings were very good thou.

Video
Old 07-23-2021, 09:52 AM
gonzalobures

Took "Chona" for a ride last Wednesday, 7/21/21. Flew fine with all her wapons with the exception of the Napalm tanks.