Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Royal Zero Kit Build into Rufe

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Royal Zero Kit Build into Rufe

Old Yesterday, 02:24 PM
southpaw50

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Chad! Good to hear from you and sincerely hope you get through your health issues soon and in fine order. One of the ideas I have to elevate the small status of this plane is to literally display it on a waist-high table rather than having it judged on the ground, spectators walking past. At or near eye level, the more that is seen, the more that is to be seen. More photos ( and hopefully accompanying texts ) to resume later this week. Be well my friend. G.D.
Old Yesterday, 02:48 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by southpaw50 View Post
Thanks Chad! Good to hear from you and sincerely hope you get through your health issues soon and in fine order. One of the ideas I have to elevate the small status of this plane is to literally display it on a waist-high table rather than having it judged on the ground, spectators walking past. At or near eye level, the more that is seen, the more that is to be seen. More photos ( and hopefully accompanying texts ) to resume later this week. Be well my friend. G.D.

Thank you for the well wishes southpaw, much appreciated. If you compete in a Scale Masters Qualifier or other similar competition then the airplane will be judged on a table so that it is approximately eye level to the seated jugdes. I have never had an airplane judged while it was sitting on the ground. Here is my Hellcat on the judging table at a Qualifier in Hemet, CA. I will say they do not normally have it set up so that half the airplane is in shadow while the other half is in sunlight!

Old Yesterday, 06:16 PM
bunsen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi

coming along great.

would you consider bringing the aircraft to the northeast nasa scale qualifier in goshen ny around mid July ?

I donít Know the exact date yet but is a very nice event.

ray
Old Yesterday, 07:18 PM
southpaw50

I remember seeing this particular F6F quite a few months ago. VERY sharp!! Birds of a feather! G.D.
Old Yesterday, 07:25 PM
southpaw50

Thanks Bunsen (Ray?) For the time being, I'm going to see how things go at events in eastern Mass. & R.I. Most scale events mandate an actual flight at the meet so unless I provide a flight photo or video, chances are I'd be a spectator, watching others flying & having fun unless I brought along another plane to fly. The other caveat is I'm not a big fan of driving long ( 1 1/2 hrs. ) distances but that may change, depending on other factors. We'll see. G.D.