Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Dave Platt spitfire

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Dave Platt spitfire

Old 04-29-2012, 06:52 PM
tadr1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dave Platt spitfire

I have a old Dave Platt spitfire 60 size. I am looking for a two stroke engine to put in. I have a Super Tigre G-90. I plan on inverting it. I wanted to put a wrap around Pitts muffler on the G-90, But too cramped to fit in the cowl. The planes call for a 60 size engine. Any one know of a muffler and engine combo that will fit this cowl. I have to make the bottom cowl. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:48 PM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Default RE: Dave Platt spitfire

I built one and flew it with an old Veco 61. Flew ok. My muffler was on the side but was flat. Didn't look too bad.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:13 AM
Me410

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dave Platt spitfire

My old Platt Spitfire flew very strong with a Webra 61 Black head two stroke. It had a clamp on Pitts type muffler, the engine was mounted with the head sticking out the right side and the muffler tucked underneath. but no way to hide the muffler inside the cowl. But it looked ok, it was about flush with the bottem of the fuse.

I also had an OS 91 4S in it , mounted inverted. Flew very well also, but the Webra seens to have more power.

Also had a electric motor in it, a Hobbyking SK 4260 ( i think ) with 6 cell LiPo 3700, also flew great.
But could not stop the vibration at full power with the big spinner, so I flew it alittle without the spinner just to see how well the electrice set up worked.

Tom