Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

beware of hobby king warranty claims

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

beware of hobby king warranty claims

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 09:46 PM
edfman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: beware of hobby king warranty claims

ORIGINAL: Peter_OZ

They are not treating me as a Platinum member!!!!

Welcome Platinum member!
We take our customers membership very seriously, and as a platinum member you will be given the best service possible with prioritisation in support issues and warranty claims.
Platinum members can also enjoy the very best pricing from our store and receive exclusive discount emails.
As a Platinum member we value you as a customer greatly and will try our best to ensure your expectations are met.

the support form does not bring up the order number, but in my account section it is there. Hence the form cant bring up return details.
open the ticket and tell them that you cannot raise an RMAas you cannot view the order number.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:47 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

VERY SURE!

Ring ACCC yourself if you have any doubt.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:48 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

have already raised ticket and told them that.

Have also lodged post in their complaints and CS area
Old 07-19-2012, 03:34 AM
edfman

VERY SURE!

Ring ACCC yourself if you have any doubt.

And you told them that the transaction occoured outside of Australia right?
Old 07-19-2012, 07:19 AM
[email protected]

I SENT A ENGINE BACK FOR REPAIRS TOOK 6 MONTHS TO GET ITBACK ALONE WITH 125 EMAILS I SENT THEM BUT INSTEAD OF GETTING MY ENGINE BACK THEY GAVE ME CREDIT FOR IT>> AND 2 DAYS AFTER THAT I GOT ANOTHER ENGINE BACK FOR THE ONE I SENT THEM>> AND ONE WEEK LATER THEY GAVE ME CREDIT FOR A ENGINE SO DONT EVER BUY ANY THING FROM HOBBY KING
Old 07-19-2012, 02:18 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

you know nothing mate, ACCC have checked them out. Is HK paying you?

I have the RMA details at long last and HK are now at least saying it can be sent back to them in Syd.
Next step is getting them to pay the postage costs which they have to do.

However these clowns are now saying they have to send it to supplier and might take months. uhhhh sorry wrong answer. Immediate refund in that case. Wankers!
Old 07-19-2012, 06:04 PM
edfman

Why is it whenever someone points out the facts they are accused to working for (insert organisation name here)

Transaction occours in HongKong. Australian laws do not apply.

Australian Warehouse operates as a freight forwarder

Its like buying a suny camera. You purchase the suny camera inhongkong, you bring the camera back to australia, camera dies. You ring sunyAustralia and they say; Sendit back to HongKong.Transaction occours outside of Australia.

I did ring the NSWDFT and interestingly there is a fee when they have to investigate such matters. The fee is greater than the shipping amount to send it back to the Aus Warehosue.

Old 07-19-2012, 06:58 PM
eindecker 3

What I don't understand why folks buy from HK when so many issues arise when an item breaks or shorts out or dosen't work at all. I buy from companies (Horizon Hobby, Hobby Lobby International, Tower Hobbies) that stand behind their product. I do realize the item I want might cost a little more but I know that if my item breaks I can get customer service without a big hassle.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:32 PM
Greenfuelboy
My Feedback: (60)

I am in the USA and purchased a 6 cell lipo battery from the USA warehouse that had a dead cell. I emailed them and asked if I could get a refund and I was told to take pictures of the battery with the voltages showing. I used my battery medic that shows all of the cells at the same time. After sending the pictures in I was told to send the battery back and was given a Chinease address with RMA number. I was confused because I purchased it from the USA warehouse. I emailed them again and said it really would not be worth sending it to China and asked if I could return it to the USA warehouse. I was told yes and sent it in. I was given a credit for the battery in a few days. It might be that the people are not looking at the screen or they just do not know where you ordered it from unless they do the research. It took a couple of days for my stuff to get rhrough but it worked out in the end. The battery's are cheap enough that I will just keep buying them even if I get one bad one once in a while. I have purchased over seventy battery's and only received two bad battery's. Even good brands can be duds. I recently purchased a E-Flite battery because I needed one that day and it did not make it past two charges. I would email them and ask politely if you have to send it to China and why when it was purchased in your country, that is what I did. Try it and see what happens. It might just be a misscommunication by them. I hope it works out for you.

Thank you
GFB
Old 07-19-2012, 10:02 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

ORIGINAL: edfman

Why is it whenever someone points out the facts they are accused to working for (insert organisation name here)

Transaction occours in HongKong. Australian laws do not apply.

Australian Warehouse operates as a freight forwarder

Its like buying a suny camera. You purchase the suny camera in hongkong, you bring the camera back to australia, camera dies. You ring suny Australia and they say; Send it back to HongKong. Transaction occours outside of Australia.

I did ring the NSWDFT and interestingly there is a fee when they have to investigate such matters. The fee is greater than the shipping amount to send it back to the Aus Warehosue.

you are uninformed, have no understanding of Trace practice or consumer law. As such you are wasting my time with your uninformed dribble.

Kindly find another forum to waste your time in.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:06 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

if i could have found a power supply here to do the job I would have glady bought it. As the HK one was dispatched from an australian warehouse one would assume that it meets Australian standards. A wrong assumption.

furthermore for my uninfomed friend ANY item dispached from a registered business in Australia and hobby king has an ACN: 531 45 381 228 therefore that company must abide by the Competition and Consumer Act 2010.

Hobby King in this case is liable under this Act. QED!
Old 07-19-2012, 11:30 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

if i could have found a power supply here to do the job I would have glady bought it. As the HK one was dispatched from an australian warehouse one would assume that it meets Australian standards. A wrong assumption.

furthermore for my uninfomed friend ANY item dispached from a registered business in Australia and hobby king has an ACN: 531 45 381 228 therefore that company must abide by the Competition and Consumer Act 2010.

Hobby King in this case is liable under this Act. QED!
I would agree with that.
Give them hell Peter.

Have you looked at the power supply's at jaycar?

I think the Americans scratch their head and say why not buy it from horizon or tower?
The problem is we don't have them here in Australia, as it's a small market and we have limited options.
I got burned, (literally) when a foamy caught fire 3 seconds after powering it up, they wanted me to send the burnt remains to china....
I don't deal with them now.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:44 AM
edfman

Again, that Abn belongs to a franchise store. You bought nothing, repeat nothing from them. Btw, if they have tried to contact that store it's closed and moving to bigger Store.

can you tell us how much GST you paid on your transaction? I presume you showed QDFT the invoice.Care to share a link in the act where it says the vendor must pay return shipping.

Check this out
http://www.smh.com.au/business/harve...222-1p6vp.html

" ‘Our Irish entity is the one that is making the offers to the customer and they will be invoicing the customer. Therefore the customer is direct-importing the game on their own behalf,’’ Mr McIntosh said."

i'd be really suprised if Havey Normal legal passed this without first checking Australian law and made sure that Australian Laws don't apply given the transaction occours outside of Australia.

Old 07-20-2012, 04:02 AM
Bill G

Because it so beyond obvious in many cases. Also because this is not rcg, where a person cannot even think of considering that someone is working for HK, without being reported to JTG and then banned. I wouldn't exactly call your facts relevant facts either, but just typical derailing of valid complaints. The customer's problem still stands unresolved, as always.
Some facts are that of your relatively few posts, a large number of them are contesting a person who have issues with HobbyKing.
Actually he simply asked if you are being paid by HK, rather than accusing you of it, which is another "fact" to get straight. A fair question, for someone who makes so many posts in defending them.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:39 AM
da Rock

Please show some manners in your posts.

Nobody gains a thing when we call each other names.

You agree to the following every time you post.

Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:27 AM
topspin

Seems very odd that they would tell you to return it to hongkong. In fact i highly doubt it

Follow the link above and and you will get the AUS warehouse return address and a RMA number.

I don't know what all the fuss is about here. It will cost you about $12.00 to return the item to the Australian warehsoue. I just wonder how many calls you have made to the ACCC. BTW you really need to call DFT.

The other thing that people don't understand is that companies need to return the goods to the manufactuer so that they can be compensated. Its reasonable.
This is a curious contradiction, it says to send it back to the AU warehouse and then it says to send it back to Hong Kong. Which is it?

I don't live in Australia so can't comment on how it works there. I the US the Hobby King warehouse is on US soil so represents point of sale if that is where you purchased an item. Back when HK announced that "you can now return defective goods to the US warehouse" they made it sound like they were doing us a big favor. The truth is they were complying with US trade laws.

peter_OZ is correct on two counts. They do have a crummy attitude and if they want the power supply returend to Hong Kong then they should pay for shipping back to Hong Kong.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:28 AM
topspin

Duplicate.....
Old 07-20-2012, 06:02 AM
edfman

ORIGINAL: Bill G

Because it so beyond obvious in many cases. Also because this is not rcg, where a person cannot even think of considering that someone is working for HK, without being reported to JTG and then banned. I wouldn't exactly call your facts relevant facts either, but just typical derailing of valid complaints. The customer's problem still stands unresolved, as always.
Some facts are that of your relatively few posts, a large number of them are contesting a person who have issues with HobbyKing.
Actually he simply asked if you are being paid by HK, rather than accusing you of it, which is another "fact" to get straight. A fair question, for someone who makes so many posts in defending them.
Its called lurking Bill. As usual the conspiracy crew crawl out from under their rock to interogate people LOL. Deary me.

As an australian I know what the score. Pete is going to waste hours and hours with QDFT and in the end they will take $20 to tell him that BTW. All he has to do is pay $12.00 to ship it to the australian warehosue. I had a credit a few days later when i sent stuff back. There is no point in wasting your time with government agencies that simply have no juristiction.

Bill, topspin. your agenda is well known.

Old 07-20-2012, 06:07 AM
edfman

ORIGINAL: topspin

Seems very odd that they would tell you to return it to hongkong. In fact i highly doubt it

Follow the link above and and you will get the AUS warehouse return address and a RMA number.

I don't know what all the fuss is about here. It will cost you about $12.00 to return the item to the Australian warehsoue. I just wonder how many calls you have made to the ACCC. BTW you really need to call DFT.

The other thing that people don't understand is that companies need to return the goods to the manufactuer so that they can be compensated. Its reasonable.
This is a curious contradiction, it says to send it back to the AU warehouse and then it says to send it back to Hong Kong. Which is it?

I don't live in Australia so can't comment on how it works there. I the US the Hobby King warehouse is on US soil so represents point of sale if that is where you purchased an item. Back when HK announced that "you can now return defective goods to the US warehouse" they made it sound like they were doing us a big favor. The truth is they were complying with US trade laws.

peter_OZ is correct on two counts. They do have a crummy attitude and if they want the power supply returend to Hong Kong then they should pay for shipping back to Hong Kong.
In Australia, you send it back to the Australian warehouse and then Hobbyking pay to ship it back to china. Friend at the field sent back some fatsharks and granted that took a few months but the other things like chargers and the like were credited a few days after. I suspect the fatsharks needs to be inspected by someone due to the cost and the potential for misuse.

Again, transactions occour outside of the US or Australia and you will find they use a freight forwarded or some other 3PL warehosue.

Old 07-20-2012, 06:52 AM
JamF4U

"Customer is responsible for any shipping and insurance cost involved in sending the warranty claim goods back to Pete-N-Planes Pty Ltd."

This is from your web site Pete, you expect your customers to pay for warranty returns, so why shouldn't Hobby King. At least you got your stuff.

I guess at the end of the day you get what you pay for, and in some instances you pay for it and don't get it at all.

"Caveat Emptor"

Old 07-20-2012, 07:23 AM
glazier808

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why do people show support for a company that clearly only cares about getting the money. If you two guys who are giving grief to Pete over this don't work for HK then you should go find a shallow hole and lay in it, and if you do...the same hole awaits.

Must be hitting a nerve there Pete, as now we have post from China in the thread....bet he's gonna say he's "just a happy customer" sick of seeing HK get the boot too.

I got your boot...

Casey
Old 07-20-2012, 07:31 AM
JamF4U

Actually Glazier, haven't and would never buy from them. I'm Australian, just work here.

Did you also know that the Hobby King web site is not accessible in Hong Kong and locals here can't buy from them anyway. Purely an export market.

I personally wouldn't put any of their rubbish into my airframes.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:36 AM
glazier808

Even a dog won't sh!+ where it lays....

So if you don't like HK and feel their stuff is rubbish, then why defend the company and attack Pete?

Casey
Old 07-20-2012, 07:47 AM
JamF4U

Even a dog won't sh!+ where it lays....

Correct, I guess you are talking about Hobby King and the local market?

So if you don't like HK and feel their stuff is rubbish, then why defend the company and attack Pete?

I'm not defending them, don't even really know who HK are. Just curious why Pete expects his customers to pay for warranty returns, yet when the boot is on the other foot he makes out like he is being hard done buy.

Not an attack, just an observation.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:58 AM
glazier808

If Pete states this as a part of his policy, and if the customer accepts, then that is business as usual. I believe that the problem here is HK not following Australian import laws, if I understand it correctly. Pete would not have to meet these standards as he's in Ausrtalia and not importing into the country.

And yes, referring to them selling to the local market in the above.

Casey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.