Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

beware of hobby king warranty claims

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

beware of hobby king warranty claims

Old 07-11-2012, 08:05 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default beware of hobby king warranty claims

for all the aussies here beware if you buy anything from hobby king and need to return for warranty claims.

they sell through their AU portal, dispatch from their NSW wharehouse yet expect you to return it to bloody hong kong at your expense! Also they are selling 240v powersupplies out of the NSW wharehouse that have no C-Tick compliance.

I bought one of their 12v, 80 amp powersupplies only to have it fail within a few days then get told to send it back to them at hong kong!

Beware!
Old 07-12-2012, 01:31 AM
spitmad

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: beware of hobby king warranty claims

G'day Pete

yes a bit of a lash really............but you get what you pay for I suppose, I have bought quite a few electic foamies and had a few ESC's fail with seconds of start up ..........but replacements are so cheap I don't worry about warranty claims as sending back to Honkers is more expensive the the failed unit !

I recently took a gamble and purchased four of their Chinese 10kg servos (at $11 each) all failed within seconds of testing..[:'(]........I got the usual schpeel but then I escalated this through their management and got a credit off them (I highlighted the fact that i had spent a few thousand $$$$ with them over the past three years and that I'd be broadcasting over every forum if they did not provide a refund)

I suppose you take the gamble, I say I have had very few failures compared to the amount of stuff I have purchased so given the cheap prices I am still way in front.
I recently bought a 50cc SBac aerobatic thingy from them and at $320 for a 87" ARF, it was a bargain and the quality was no different from similar models I had seen retailing for $500 plus (I wanted an "all weather hack" for a spare 50cc donk I had).........and after seeing one fly at the club, I just ordered the little Vampire EDF jet, at $136 to the door it's damn cheap and a great flyer

Al.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:11 AM
Peter_OZ
Banned

yes well this was $171 all up so no real bargain and I expect an 80 amp switch mode power supply to last more then a couple of days. It was sent from the NSW warehouse so the bloody thing can go back their at their expense too I mnight. I'm hopping made and have escalated to Consumer affairs.

How do youi esclate to their management?
Old 07-12-2012, 04:53 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

and still these tossers refuse to come to the party. they still expect me to send an 8kg powersupply to hong kong!!!

bloody thieves!
Old 07-13-2012, 02:14 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Pete sorry to heat your woes I know everything from them is a risk , no customer service no warranty , you have to look at everything from them as risk vs cost , nothing more will be expected they su...........
Old 07-15-2012, 03:00 AM
Peter_OZ
Banned

yes mate they sure do.

Silly thing is that to have an Australian warehouse and sell on basis of an AU portal then they must be a registered bsuiness and are covered under australian consumer and trade practices law.

They are about to wish they had not heard of me.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:00 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Good for you Pete go get them!
I know and agree with you that they have a stated customer service policy , my comments are that " they don't care" .
Look at the guys on the hobby king P40 forurm , no help from hobby king !
I hope you can get them to listen
Old 07-15-2012, 06:23 AM
topspin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Peter_OZ

yes mate they sure do.

Silly thing is that to have an Australian warehouse and sell on basis of an AU portal then they must be a registered bsuiness and are covered under australian consumer and trade practices law.

They are about to wish they had not heard of me.
About time someone took them to the wood shed, go Pete and I hope you get a full refund out of them. Everyone knows they are thieves plain and simple.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:02 PM
Crashtruk

Don't quote me but I am 90% sure that if you buy it from AU then you can send it back to AU. Drop the ACCC a line and see if they can clarify this point. Let HK know that you are going to contact tha ACCC
Old 07-15-2012, 04:46 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

mate that is my next step, have lodged a complaint with QLD Dept of Fair trading in first instnace and given HK till COB this Wed to make arrangements for it to go back to their AU warehouse or ACCC will be notified.

As they have an AU warehouse they then must under Australian law be registered as a business here and if they are not then ... [:-] [X(]
Old 07-16-2012, 05:53 AM
Whistling Death

This should be interesting to watch. Good luck Pete, I hope you are successful.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:00 AM
Peter_OZ
Banned

oh I will be mate. These idiots have really pissed me off with their arrogant behaviour [>:]
Old 07-17-2012, 04:35 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

no response at all from these thieves so it is off to the ACCC I go!

Buyers beware and give hobby king a wide miss as they will give you no warranty unless you ship it back to Honk Kong and have not opened the box!! W T F!!!
Old 07-18-2012, 03:22 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

[:@][:@]and again no response from hobbyking, no help trying to resolve this.

Guys suggest you take your heard earnt money elsewhere as if you buy and it breaks you have no backup!!
Old 07-18-2012, 08:01 PM
edfman

Thats an interesting.

I once had to return something  to HK and i was asked to return it to Australia . i followed the link below and was provided the adderss to the Australian Warehouse. Did you follow their instructions.
<colgroup><col width="88" style="WIDTH: 66pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3218"></col><col width="64" span="5" style="WIDTH: 48pt"></col></colgroup>
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/supportform.asp 
Old 07-18-2012, 08:07 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

their instructions were to send the bloody thing to hong kong which I am refusing to do, even to send it to sydney will cost an arm and a leg as it weighs about 5kg. Why should I be out of pocket becasue their piece of pooh powersupply failed after 2 days?

I am now on the phone to ACCC !!!!! [>:]
Old 07-18-2012, 08:36 PM
edfman

Seems very odd that they would tell you to return it to hongkong. In fact i highly doubt it

Follow the link above and and you will get the AUS warehouse return address and a RMA number.

I don't know what all the fuss is about here. It will cost you about $12.00 to return the item to the Australian warehsoue. I just wonder how many calls you have made to the ACCC. BTW you really need to call DFT.

The other thing that people don't understand is that companies need to return the goods to the manufactuer so that they can be compensated. Its reasonable.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:50 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

found the sneaky buggers

Hobby King
Hobbies & Model Construction SuppliesRetail - Caringbah, NSW
U4/ 365 Kingsway, Caringbah NSW 2229, Australia
(02) 9525 6852

ABN: 531 45 381 228

HexTronik Australia Pty Ltd
Old 07-18-2012, 09:00 PM
spitmad

ORIGINAL: edfman

Seems very odd that they would tell you to return it to hongkong. In fact i highly doubt it

Follow the link above and and you will get the AUS warehouse return address and a RMA number.

I don't know what all the fuss is about here. It will cost you about $12.00 to return the item to the Australian warehsoue. I just wonder how many calls you have made to the ACCC. BTW you really need to call DFT.

The other thing that people don't understand is that companies need to return the goods to the manufactuer so that they can be compensated. Its reasonable.

This is/was HK's standard procedure (which sucks), I have a few warranty claims and have always been directed to their T&C's whcih state that items must be returned to the Honk Kong warehouse .........as my claims were of little value I gave up !. It was only recently that I had some luck with some stuffed servos, I got a credit back after sending a vidoe of the failed servo's and asking them to consider my purchase history.

Al.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:18 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

have now lodged a post in the hobbyking complaints forum requesting it be escalated to their senior management for resolution.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/f....asp?TID=32359

Interesting this is that under Australian consumer legislation and as the item was disptched from Australia it is therefore covered the seller must bare the cost of any returns for warranty or refund.

they will soon be talking to Dept of Fair trading and ACCC unless they resolve this quick smart!
Old 07-18-2012, 09:20 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

ORIGINAL: edfman

I can assure they did tell me to return it to Hong Kong, do you want the emails????

That link is to just a blank form, there is no address and no RMA
Old 07-18-2012, 09:21 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

bottom line is if the item is dispatched from AU then it is covered under consumer legisation.

If it fails and has to be sent back under warranty it is at seller expense.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:26 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

They are not treating me as a Platinum member!!!!

Welcome Platinum member!
We take our customers membership very seriously, and as a platinum member you will be given the best service possible with prioritisation in support issues and warranty claims.
Platinum members can also enjoy the very best pricing from our store and receive exclusive discount emails.
As a Platinum member we value you as a customer greatly and will try our best to ensure your expectations are met.

the support form does not bring up the order number, but in my account section it is there. Hence the form cant bring up return details.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:36 PM
edfman

bottom line is if the item is dispatched from AU then it is covered under consumer legisation.

If it fails and has to be sent back under warranty it is at seller expense.
Are you sure about that?
Old 07-18-2012, 09:38 PM
edfman

found the sneaky buggers

Hobby King
Hobbies & Model Construction SuppliesRetail - Caringbah, NSW
U4/ 365 Kingsway, Caringbah NSW 2229, Australia
(02) 9525 6852

ABN: 531 45 381 228

HexTronik Australia Pty Ltd
Nope, thats franchise, They franchise the name but are a completly different organisation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.