Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Hangar 9 60cc Corsair

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Hangar 9 60cc Corsair

Old 03-15-2020, 06:50 AM
Canadian Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Big step completed with the gear and doors complete!
Old 03-20-2020, 07:57 AM
oriole
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jon,

I'm enjoying following your video. The attention to detail in installing your gear doors paid off. They look and work fantastic.
I've assembled two of these planes and both are still in operation. As you noted, the plastic parts paint was done poorly, without any preparation and peels off quite easily. Even just from simple vibration from the engine running. Two points, I'd like to pass along,

1. Make sure you reinforce the wing dowel pins as described much earlier in this thread. Several pilots have had catastrophic failures due to the pins breaking free in flight.
2. On my first plane, I used the recommended set up of one flap servo and the Y linkage. After burning through two servos I finally threw in the towel and used two servos, one for each flap. And I have had no issues ever since with the flaps.

All the Best,

Oriole
Old 03-22-2020, 02:35 PM
Canadian Man

Originally Posted by oriole View Post
Jon,

I'm enjoying following your video. The attention to detail in installing your gear doors paid off. They look and work fantastic.
I've assembled two of these planes and both are still in operation. As you noted, the plastic parts paint was done poorly, without any preparation and peels off quite easily. Even just from simple vibration from the engine running. Two points, I'd like to pass along,

1. Make sure you reinforce the wing dowel pins as described much earlier in this thread. Several pilots have had catastrophic failures due to the pins breaking free in flight.
2. On my first plane, I used the recommended set up of one flap servo and the Y linkage. After burning through two servos I finally threw in the towel and used two servos, one for each flap. And I have had no issues ever since with the flaps.

All the Best,

Oriole
Thanks for watching and I appreciate the comments/suggestions.
I will take a look at the wing dowels for sure and definitely suggest to the owner that we go with a 2 servo setup!
Old 03-22-2020, 02:36 PM
Canadian Man

Last video of the build. Now onto the weathering!

Old 03-28-2020, 06:55 PM
Canadian Man

Old 04-03-2020, 08:07 PM
Canadian Man

Old 04-18-2020, 07:52 PM
CFITG

Default Aileron pin hinge depth guide

Hey everyone,
Im finally getting around to fixing my Corsair from a landing mishap. IM on the wing portion and need to glue in the
hinges for the ailerons. I cannot find my original one anywhere. Would anyone know the depth of the pin hinges into the aileron?
thank you
jason.
Old 04-18-2020, 10:27 PM
Mein Duff

As I recall ( mine is already buttoned up ) that the Robart style pin hinges were about 1 1/4 " into the aileron....but not 100% sure.