Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Concerns with ROBART

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Concerns with ROBART

Old 09-13-2013, 06:13 AM
flyingchef
My Feedback: (93)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Concerns with ROBART

Back in August 8th I placed an online order with Robart for a set of 5" replacement tires and some other hardware, around the end of August I contacted Robart since I never received any communication from Robart as what the status of my order was. Since I needed to get new tires from my TF P51 wheel I opted for another option ( took 5" Dubro tires turned on a lathe to remove material and fit the Robart hubs, works great!) and cancelled my order while on the phone with Robart customer service. The individual told me that my refund will proceeded no later than by the end of the week on Friday.
We are now September 13th, I never got any refund from Robart, emailed again but no response. I paid with Paypal and still have about ten ten day before filling a dispute, I dislike to do this but I think I will have to.
Anyone else in the same situation?
Old 09-13-2013, 08:15 AM
Warbird Man
My Feedback: (95)

Same old, same old with robart. I had a similar situation with them a year or two back. Good thing you paid with paypal because you have a record of the transaction that they were paid. File the dispute. It will get their attention much quicker. E-mailing them is a waste of time.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:38 PM
flyingchef

Not sure if it is a coincidence but I just got my refund on Paypal!!!!
Disappointing, I have to publicize a bad experience to get result. I which instead that Robart would clean up their act, "F" for communication to start with, "A" for the product if you get it!
Thank you Warbird Man for your feedback.
Anyone else with bad or good experience?

Last edited by flyingchef; 09-14-2013 at 07:15 AM.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:10 PM
kwik

Robart sucks regarding response via email, thats for sure.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:12 AM
fytrjok
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup, I ordered the same tires and several other items. After 4 weeks and no stuff or any communication, I called them only to be told that the tires were on back-order and weren't expected for another four weeks. Guess what...cancelled the order! Getting real old dealing with an outfit that doesn't care about their customers enough to keep them!! I may still purchase some of their products from other sources but I'm through dealing directly with them...and paying full retail to boot!!! Glad you finally got your refund Bruno. Did Robart go through some management changes recently? Or maybe that's what they need!!!
Old 09-14-2013, 05:20 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Unfortunitly I sent them a project based on a promise at a trade show . It cost me $45 in freight and in the end 6 months , no progress , literally one email a month ect. I had to almost make threats to get my part back.
Real shame as I trusted in a local vender vs trying to overseas for the same part /project.
Nothing but frustration and in the end nothing but a retuned part at an out of pocket loss , I guess I am lucky I got my parts back.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:32 PM
Check6
My Feedback: (427)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

A phone call works best. I either get the person I need right off the bat or I have left my number and they have always called back
Old 09-14-2013, 06:48 PM
LDM

Being a professional at a high level , I not only called but was always respectful . In addition I limited my calls to once a month and never , ever received a returned call .
My company is signifigantly larger then Robart and my time and communication is also in greater demand, but regardless if I receive an email or call , it will never get past 12 hours before it is returned. No excuse , they are running a hobby business and not a business
Old 09-14-2013, 10:06 PM
flyingchef

In my case I spoke with Robart customer service at the end of August, the individual was professional and apologetic regarding the delays with my order, he even admited that there are some problems with customer comunication and Robart is working on it!. Even after that there was still no follow-up in cancelling my order and no refund on my Paypal account at the date indicated by the individual.
A good business identify itself by not only the level of communication but by action as well, "customer service". Robart deceived me "at least until I created this post" and to others it seems like, a phone call is good only if the action follows in timely manner.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:21 AM
LDM

I cant blame customer servace "person" he is a kid , trys his best , does tell the correct people what is happening on the phone ect and moves on . Persoanally I dont have the time to write a cost effective business model for every bad business I encounter and countless excuses I have encountered . Substanability by many in our hobby is based on 'unique quality product offering first" end of story . If the product is unique , quality and difficult to replicate , the business will substain bad customer servace and moderate to high prices.

Its also a matter of a Hobbiest willingness to try lower cost non-branded in the same segment . Example , I wont every use a Robart 615 or Century retract in the 60 thru 90 size again . I have found and used super functional low cost replacements in eletric for the same weight bearing needs of those retracts . Anywhere from $69 to $179 totally flight ready , also in P51/47 style retraction

Last edited by LDM; 09-16-2013 at 01:07 AM.
Old 09-15-2013, 05:48 PM
oldtimer4759

I have had a similar problem with C Jet, great service until I put the order in, then nothing, I was also overcharged $35, but after several emails he wont even answer me, cant call because I am in Australia, but these companies dont seem to realise that in this case I will never deal with them again, all over $35, there are several other companies that do retracts, I will use them in future, then they have the gaul to complain that we are not supporting local companies, if they gave service, we would.
Oldtimer.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:47 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I had some trouble with an order I placed directly from the Robart website. I made the decision then, that if I want any of their products, I will buy them from Tower or another source. At least then you know if it is in stock or not, and you can count on better service.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:15 AM
flyingchef

It would be nice if Tower could carry the aluminum wheels and replacement tires in inventory.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:50 AM
raptureboy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeh but try to get parts then when you need them. You can only get them from robart and then you get hammered for shipping, that is if they answer the phone or email. I ordered small parts for my retracts that would have shipped for the price of a stamp and they charged me $11 to ship Fedex.
Originally Posted by vertical grimmace View Post
I had some trouble with an order I placed directly from the Robart website. I made the decision then, that if I want any of their products, I will buy them from Tower or another source. At least then you know if it is in stock or not, and you can count on better service.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:01 PM
captainron

WOW........OK, here's a positive !

I've been doing business with Robart for 10 years and have only ever had one problem with one particular retract set. They not only made it right, they went overboard. I work with a couple of different people their but will not mention names as we are not suppose to. Nobodies perfect, and yes they have their problems. But guys, come on, Air it out on RCU doesn't do anybody any good. They've ALWAYS, BEEN VERY RESPECTFUL AND ATTENTIVE TO MY NEEDS. Sometimes slow? yes. Sometimes non communicative? yes. Their in a very tough business in a very tough economy............lighten up and cut'em some slack. I use their product and rely on them to support me on the back end and they've never let me down.

CAPTAIN RON
Old 09-17-2013, 03:56 PM
LDM

A couple of notes there is a lot of Urban Legend on Eletric retracts . As far as the smaller size 60 and under , they are working now 4 years or more , many brands to choose from and most under $100 . So dont think eletric is not here to stay , its only a matter of time that the smaller companies go up in size if there is a demand.
The Three big guys of Robart , Century and Sierra have dabbled (Robart taking the lead) but all having to use some other companies parts . With Robart the separate board makes them super expensive and in reality behind the times .
I have not looked into CJ yet , looks promising and Sierra has his own proven gig in air and I dont think he has any interest in epower .
ESM , well who knows , I have the 3c and emailed them yesterday when I read this thread and no responce lol .
As far as Robart and good record I am happy for you Ron , really am , but I am going to choose not to do business with them because I dont have the time to deal with the experience that I had , so I just move on to another brand , there are many choice and the leader is clearly undefined.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:42 PM
flyingchef

Ron,
I appreciate your input. You make mention of your positive experience with Robart, perhaps you could share an example of your latest experience? What do you think about how long a customer should wait for an order assuming he/she is not aware of any problems? your answer should take in consideration that it could be a dealing with any online retail business. What is your opinion about why Paypal allows 45 days before opening a dispute, is it not enough, how much time should be allowed? What do you think about how a business communication with customer should be handled and does keeping in touch with customers helps maintain a level of confidence that in turn leave such customer more willing to wait for his order?
Be constructive don't let us think that your post is only about yourself!
I would assume that any business would look to improve or at least maintain good customer relation especially in a challenging economy!
Old 09-18-2013, 06:39 AM
captainron

Hi Bruno,
I only tried to throw in a positive in what was starting to be a very negative tone in this forum. I did recently have a frustrating experience with Robart's new electric retracts for the ESM Corsair. After three different actuators and lots of shipping and emailing back and forth. We (Robart and myself) gave up and went back to the pneumatic cylinders. Now, Eric, let me send back the whole electric controller, the actuators, in all, over 250.00 dollars worth of stuff. He gave me a credit for what I had in them. It was not their fault either. I believe it was the airplane's or my problem. I've seen other ESM Corsairs flying with the same electric setup in them and they work fine. They've gone out of their way to treat me in a very respectful and supportive way. I'm not gonna say anymore or reply anymore to this forum.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:29 PM
fytrjok

Ron,
Appreciate your input. I think we can agree that for the most part, we love Robart stuff...always have! What we've been experiencing seems to be a recent general decrease in service and product availability (as detailed in the above posts). If you ran a business and weren't made aware that a segment of your customers were somehow less than pleased, how could you make any adjustments. Robart can pay attention to these issues or not. Again, I have been using Robart products for many years...I like their stuff! I (and apparently others), are just responding to a perceived trend that may not be good for one of our favorite companies. Here's to hoping that Robart will take notice and adjust their practices if possible. I don't believe any of us intended to bad-mouth Robart...just trying to give them a healthy "heads-up"! If they care, we'll likely see a reversal of this trend, if not......where will they end up? I dare you to reply!
Old 09-23-2013, 06:49 PM
robart-joe

Default Project Information

Originally Posted by LDM View Post
Unfortunitly I sent them a project based on a promise at a trade show . It cost me $45 in freight and in the end 6 months , no progress , literally one email a month ect. I had to almost make threats to get my part back.
Real shame as I trusted in a local vender vs trying to overseas for the same part /project.
Nothing but frustration and in the end nothing but a retuned part at an out of pocket loss , I guess I am lucky I got my parts back.
Can you provide me some information regarding this project that was talked about at a show? I can be reached via email any time [email protected]

I will look into your request right away as soon as I have some basic information IE: who you talked two, what the project is, what was sent in... etc.

Sorry for the way this has been handled, I assure you we did not have these intentions when we spoke with you originally.

Joe Rehak
Engineering / Operations

[email protected]
630-524-4347
Old 09-23-2013, 06:54 PM
robart-joe

Originally Posted by fytrjok View Post
Yup, I ordered the same tires and several other items. After 4 weeks and no stuff or any communication, I called them only to be told that the tires were on back-order and weren't expected for another four weeks. Guess what...cancelled the order! Getting real old dealing with an outfit that doesn't care about their customers enough to keep them!! I may still purchase some of their products from other sources but I'm through dealing directly with them...and paying full retail to boot!!! Glad you finally got your refund Bruno. Did Robart go through some management changes recently? Or maybe that's what they need!!!
We have had a terrible time keeping tires in stock this year. The vendor we are using is one of only a couple in the states that work with our specific materials and are willing to use our custom machinery and tooling. They are making tires as fast as they can and as soon as we receive a shipment, I assure you we ship all of the tires almost the same day, in order that yours orders are received.

We are also making improvements to our customer service team and making sure emails and phone calls are logged and returned with correct information in a timely manner. We appreciate every inquire and customer and are trying to make strides to improve everything that is mentioned in this post as well as phone complaints and concerns.

If anyone has an issues that needs immediate attention or feels like the customer service person is not getting back with them fast enough, please feel free to contact me [email protected]

Thank you for choosing robart.

Joe
Old 09-24-2013, 01:22 AM
LDM

Joe I sent you an email with all the details , Thanks for your note
Old 09-24-2013, 06:44 AM
ducky22

While we typically only hear the bad news as a negative experience motivates us to take action, I recently had a positive experience dealing with Robart. I needed stronger springs for the main gear for a Ziroli P-61 and with one phone call to Robart's tech support, I had the stiffer springs within 5 business days. They even had to go across the border.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:06 AM
LDM

I have received some great feedback from Joe (Robart Joe) and I appreciate his efforts and time that he is putting into changing things .
Old 09-24-2013, 09:55 AM
fytrjok

That's what I'm talking about! Apparently Robart has heard us and is working to remedy the past situation. Kudos to Robart for listening and responding. Also, thanks to RCU for providing us this forum so we can help companies like Robart to address our concerns. See Cap'n...it works!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.