Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

P-47 Thunderbolt Brotherhood (All P-47s Welcome)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

P-47 Thunderbolt Brotherhood (All P-47s Welcome)

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 10:43 AM
captainron

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Chad.....That's all I needed. I'm leaving Colorado a week in advance and could even possibly do it Thursday if all goes as planned. You guys are awesome and the spring and fall fly in's are my favorite events of the year. See yah soon.

CAPTAIN RON
Old 02-02-2015, 11:12 AM
lancairmustang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HoundDog
He bailed when the tower told him the right wheel fell in to the corn. Really he's still in the box but I'll get
"Round To IT" Real soon now. No use getting in a hurry. Had the plane for 7 years and it got maybe 5 flights.
And non by me. Go Figure. It's sister is standing on it's nose in the spare room awaiting a DLE-55 and Tank. Bought the plane 4 years ago and the DLE-55 2 winters ago. I don't really get much done. Didn't retire 13 years ago to work. anyways I'll Get ROUND TO IT" some day. If not one of my flying buds can offer 10 Cents on the dollar for my stuff, after I'm dead. But thanks for asking. The other answer
"IT's a DRONE and drones don't need no stink'n pilot"
too bad we couldn't get that thing going when I was there so you could see her fly again Mike 👎
Old 02-02-2015, 11:51 AM
captainron

Thanks Chad
Old 02-02-2015, 05:22 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Originally Posted by captainron
Got it HoundDog............thanks
See ya got your answer ... I'll be there Friday to Video the maiden and see if we can get it on U-Tube by 11:00
Hey I would be honored if U would wear a Mic. for the maiden. I'll Pm u my cell...give me a call I'll find U.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:02 PM
lancairmustang

Hey what about the vids of me flying your planes Mike!!
Old 02-03-2015, 01:32 AM
fytrjok
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Whatever ya do, don't give Ron a mic! He'll never give it back and he'll NEVER shut up!!
Old 02-03-2015, 06:52 AM
captainron

ROTFL........................Thanks for your support Doug. Put your money where you mouth is and come on down from frozen Denver and play with us in March. It's a great scale event (not just military) put on by "One Eighth Air Force" the third weekend of March. It's a hoot full of fun and camaraderie. A banquet Saturday night at the field is fun and relaxing with the guys you want to hang out with. It's 800 miles from Pueblo and I suppose around 900 for you. A good long days drive.

CAPTAIN RON
Old 02-03-2015, 08:33 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by lancairmustang
Hey what about the vids of me flying your planes Mike!!
Who's 4 Planes? I'll get ROUND to IT soon I guess, I hope, well soon as possible.
Gotta get my 6 naps a day O'l gezzers need their Naps ... LOL

Gota go to GAR's birthday party at the field ... He' really gone down hill since Christmas
He' in an Assisted living Facility now.
Old 02-03-2015, 05:58 PM
lancairmustang

Originally Posted by HoundDog
Who's 4 Planes? I'll get ROUND to IT soon I guess, I hope, well soon as possible.
Gotta get my 6 naps a day O'l gezzers need their Naps ... LOL

Gota go to GAR's birthday party at the field ... He' really gone down hill since Christmas
He' in an Assisted living Facility now.
Hahaha not 4 planes, your planes!!! And oh no poor gar!!! Tell him I say happy birthday!
Old 02-03-2015, 10:03 PM
Blair K.

Ive been watching the discussion over the last couple of days about maidening a bird right before a bigger event, ive seen many big plane maidened an hour before the scheduled start time of a warbirds day.

I wouldn't do it myself but ive seen a beautiful 100 " p40 get maidened and be crowd pleaser all weekend.

Normally if its a nice aircraft i found people most accommodating to have it part of the show.

Lets be honest if your maidening a 100" 6-10k aircraft its not your first time at the rodeo😃

Cheers BK
Old 02-04-2015, 02:45 AM
Lifer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

I believe the spirit of the rule is to not do a test flight in an area when a lot of people are present. Looking for a technicality such as the event doesn't start for an hour is a bad call in my judgement. It isn't an attack on one's flying skill, it's just a caution because things can go bad when we don't expect it. Youtube is loaded with videos of planes flying into crowds.
Our hobby is under close inspection right now due to a number of factors. Having a headline such as "Untested model aircraft crashes into a Crowd" really won't help our cause. Discretion is the better part of valor.

Okay, flame away.....
Old 02-04-2015, 04:00 AM
Blair K.

Originally Posted by Lifer
I believe the spirit of the rule is to not do a test flight in an area when a lot of people are present. Looking for a technicality such as the event doesn't start for an hour is a bad call in my judgement. It isn't an attack on one's flying skill, it's just a caution because things can go bad when we don't expect it. Youtube is loaded with videos of planes flying into crowds.
Our hobby is under close inspection right now due to a number of factors. Having a headline such as "Untested model aircraft crashes into a Crowd" really won't help our cause. Discretion is the better part of valor.

Okay, flame away.....
I think maidening early morning when theres 20 guys preparing for a show is fine.

Maidening with 500 hundred people looking on is not even worth talking about, that would be total madness.

cheers BK
Old 02-04-2015, 04:02 AM
Lifer

Agreed!
Old 02-04-2015, 06:13 AM
SWORDSN
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 Just good common sense
Old 02-04-2015, 07:08 AM
HoundDog

CAPT. Ron:
U are Welcome to Maiden your P-47 at the AMA (Arizona Model Aviators) field. Superstition Air Park. Gate is located at 3330 North Meridian Rd Apache Junction AZ. 47.5 miles and 1 hour East of Sun Valleys Flyers Gate.
I'll even cover your $10/day the club charges for Guests Besides we have a Wider Longer Runway and larger cleaner Pit area and safer starting areas than any club with in 100 miles. No Brag Just Fact.

The One Eighth Air Force Presents
Gunsmoke 2015
Old 02-04-2015, 07:15 AM
HoundDog

Just for those that might be in some of the other Forums. If U have seen this befor good for U but don't crab. PLZ

Last night Tuesday Feb 3 rd at the February of the Arizona Model Aviators monthly meeting our guest speaker was no other than Rich Hanson the AMA's Liaison to the FAA. Long story short He used to belong to the this club still has a home in Scottsdale and had a really well presented Power Point pretension on what has Happened between the AMA/FAA Pretty much since 2008 and before.Even though his Microsoft Lap top desided to Reboot and UPDATE it self Rich kept right on with out it till it decided to come back to life. There was a extensive question and answer session that followed his presentation... And U have the 3 types of members
1. The Board to death guys I don't even know why they attend the meeting except some are Club Officers.
2. The Long winded guy that keeps asking the same Question in differ-ant ways.
3. and the person that really seems interested enough to pay attention and if they do ask a question it's almost intelligent.
you could that MR Hanson has run in to all Types and very grayishly attempted/did answer the questions intelligently.

But here is an interesting and well thought and Presented truth about this Hobby/Sports Feature. Be painent It's not what U would expect from the title.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz19DQ6-eGE
Old 02-04-2015, 07:22 AM
captainron

Oh My Gosh guys..............THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE FEEDBACK. aLL OF YOU..........Chad, .HoundDog, Lifer, Blair K, Cole,SWORDSN, Iancairmustang..........If I missed someone, thank you to. I'm overwhelmed and my hands are shaking already................It's only an 85" Top Flite, RTC.........Not a head turner like the CARF stuff. But she's my baby and I breathed life into her. I'm coming down a week early and my buddy Paul Sheffieldand I may already have it done before the event. Really guys, this is fun stuff. That's I why I love these forums. You guys are all my friends and I appreciate the feedback and I take them all to heart.

CAPTAIN RON
Old 02-04-2015, 09:25 AM
sparky4lawndart
My Feedback: (10)

Captain Ron, I know from the four events we've attended you're an excellent pilot... I'm always impressed with your attention to detail (except when you forgot to add over a 1lbs of weight to your Jug - and it still flew awesome). We're all pulling for you and your new bird.

don't rush... take your time... taxi a dozen times to get a feel for her. Superstition is a nice long run way so you'll have room (great facility!). Looking forward to seeing you at GunSmoke.. Me and you will compete in the ProAm-Sportsman... It'll be great!
Old 02-04-2015, 10:29 AM
captainron

Thanks Frank, I just love the support I get from the many friends I've made right here on RCU and all over the world for that matter. Unfortunately I won't be at Gunsmoke. I'm not a good competitor, I don't like the pressure of having to fly and do certain maneuvers . My love is Warbirds just going by screaming that beautiful metallic sound that only a big cc gasser can bark out, I will however be at OEAF Spring fly in. your gonna make that to aren't you?

CAPTAIN RON
Old 02-04-2015, 12:25 PM
Lifer

Quick question:

I'm doing a bash on a Tar Heel Hal and have painted the cowl to match the aluminum Monokote. The box supplies a red oil cooler intake and I was wondering what color it should be to reflect a factory color.

Any ideas?
Old 02-04-2015, 12:33 PM
captainron

I have the same bird and mine came red. Gray is also appropriate for the Jug.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	HUCKLE DE BUCK 5.gif
Views:	512
Size:	202.6 KB
ID:	2070434   Click image for larger version

Name:	2002-01-01 00.00.00-2.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	369.6 KB
ID:	2070436  
Old 02-04-2015, 12:33 PM
Blair K.

That intake looks red enough to me
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-02-05-06-31-03.png
Views:	1062
Size:	762.1 KB
ID:	2070435  
Old 02-04-2015, 12:48 PM
captainron

Red is good...........both are prototypically correct.
Old 02-04-2015, 02:09 PM
Lifer

Looks like red, grey,and zinc chromate are all normal colors, but I suspect that the latter is from the factory.
Old 02-04-2015, 04:30 PM
DGM

Hi, don't think I am a p-47 brother, but I have had several both c/l and RC. Currently flying 40 inch P-47 "Sweet Jean 3rd" from Hobby people. Flies nice but if you bounce the landing the battery hatch pops off the bottom and the battery drags on the ground. DGM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.