Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Ziroli AD-1 Skyraider 1/6 scale (100")...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Ziroli AD-1 Skyraider 1/6 scale (100")...

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 08:34 AM
Mustangman40
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Awesome guys, I sure appreciate all the great info, it’s a huge help..

Overall, how would you guys rate the Ziroli flying characteristics on the Spad? Once the plans come in we will take a look at all the motor options and make a decision..

Also, anyone have a source for the rockets and pylons, it looks like I can get the drop tanks from Ziroli? I also will be researching what kit cutter I will use, so any recommendations on that as well would be much appreciated…

Jimbo
Old 02-09-2014, 01:28 PM
Mustangman40

Stocking up on all the goodies! Both kits are in, went with National Balsa on them and received a good deal being we were buying 2..
Everything else from Ziroli is ordered and should be here on Monday.. Pretty much got everything from him, less retracts and also got a great deal on buying for two…
Going to go with Robart on the gear since we have a good connection to save a few bucks.. The tail wheel won’t be scale, but me and my costumer both agreed that we don’t plan on going nuts in that department. Just a couple of good looking and great flying Raiders… Motors are still up for grabs, once the cowl and plans are on the bench, we will make a decision… I plan to start framing once I get back from Toledo and will do a build/diary thread on them, hope you all join in with your knowledge..

Jimbo
Old 02-09-2014, 02:07 PM
SIMCO
My Feedback: (33)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Flying can be described as the easiest warbird to fly. Period. Nothing else comes close. A true Navy wing. In the right wind and flap position, I can pretty well spot land regularly. The maiden was easy even on my first one. Did some barrel rolls that I would have never done on something else.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:54 AM
John Taylor
My Feedback: (16)

Mustangman40 have you looked over both kits? how is the quality of the wood? The reason I'm asking is I plan on getting my kit from National Balsa.. John Taylor
Old 02-10-2014, 06:17 AM
Mustangman40

Originally Posted by John Taylor
Mustangman40 have you looked over both kits? how is the quality of the wood? The reason I'm asking is I plan on getting my kit from National Balsa.. John Taylor

John,

Both kits are with my costumer right now, once the Ziroli stuff comes in he is planning on making a trip over with everything.. (this weekend) I will inspect everything and do inventory ASAP and let you know..
I do have a couple guys that bought a pair of B-25’s as well as a couple fighters this winter from N.B. and they were totally satisfied. That’s why I decided to go with them..
I chose the full kit and the only thing I disliked was all the sheeting is 3”. That’s fine for the fuse, but the wings I prefer larger.. I have a good stock of 6” and will most likely swap it out for the top side of the wings…
Old 02-10-2014, 06:19 AM
Mustangman40

By the way, what are you planning on building?
Old 02-10-2014, 09:50 AM
John Taylor

Mustangman40 I'll be building another AD-1 Sky Raider. I already have the plans and some parts that were salvaged from my first one. I'm debating to either get electric gear or stay with air. I already have a tail wheel unit
and also have another air unit from another project. so I may stay with the air system as I have the valve and air tank. Just have to get the mains. John T.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:14 AM
Mustangman40

Mustangman40 I'll be building another AD-1 Sky Raider. I already have the plans and some parts that were salvaged from my first one. I'm debating to either get electric gear or stay with air. I already have a tail wheel unit
and also have another air unit from another project. so I may stay with the air system as I have the valve and air tank. Just have to get the mains. John T.
Awesome John, look forward to watching yours come to life…
All the parts from Ziroli are in and I’m told everything looks great.. Plan to pick up the retracts next month and we will be off and running..
We are sticking with air on the gear, just seeing to many people having problems with the electric..
Any of you Toledo buffs know if I will be able to find my tank release hard points at the show?
Old 02-12-2014, 05:33 AM
John Taylor

Mustangman40 I'll be staying with air gear also. Power will be a Zenoah G-62. Same as on the first one. Which flew like it was on guide rails. John T.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:42 PM
John Taylor

Mustangman40 I see there has not been any activity on this thread for quite awhile. Any Progress? hope to get my kit soon so I can start building this fall. John T. Spitfire brotherhood #110,Corsair
brotherhood # 96, Mustang brotherhood #55.