Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Sachs 4.2 fuel tank size?

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Sachs 4.2 fuel tank size?

Old 04-07-2014, 02:40 PM
foodstick

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Sachs 4.2 fuel tank size?

What do you guys think would be big enough for this motor? I am putting it in a Nosen P51 and have a fair amount of room. I am not looking to fly over 12 minutes..I would guess 9-10 min flights with reserve. Also have any of you tried those tanks with the internal rotating brass fuel pickups? ( the name escapes me) They were kind of pricey, but I would appreciate any good or bad reviews about them.

Thanks for any help..
Old 04-07-2014, 03:11 PM
MarvinLoomis
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got the 4.2 sachs in a Byron Corsair. It has a 24 oz tank, and you better be on the ground in about 18 minutes.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:59 PM
chris923
My Feedback: (53)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The tanks your talking about are Roto Flow tanks. This will be my 4 season in my gassers with Roto Flow tanks. I have never had a issue with them, well of 200 flights.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:06 AM
TomCrump

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been using quart tanks (32oz) for my Sachs 4.2s. I never worry about running low on gas. If your Nosen P-51 has the room, you may want to consider the larger size.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:26 AM
foodstick

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I was tempted by the larger tank, but I think a 24 oz will be good for me. I don't tend to make really long flights, and I have a buddy that lost a HUGE Corsair because his throttle servo froze up and he had a giant tank with the kill switch running off the throttle servo....battery ran out and it went in wide open...

I suppose there will always be problems no matter what route you take.. I will probably second guess this now all day ! hahahah
Thanks for the input guys.