Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

DO NOT BUY FROM HOBBY KING - Sent plane with missing parts - crooks!!!

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

DO NOT BUY FROM HOBBY KING - Sent plane with missing parts - crooks!!!

Old 09-03-2014, 07:25 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default DO NOT BUY FROM HOBBY KING - Sent plane with missing parts - crooks!!!

I bought a model vampire kit form Hobby King, it was shippind from the australian wharehouse but came with missing parts. they refused to help me with this issue or supply missing parts. I opened a ticket with them, they then closed it as solved without supplying the missing parts.

I opened a dispute in paypal as not as described. Hobby King then demanded I send the whole kit back to hong kong even though I was delviered from the australia wharehouse. Of course I have refused to do this as it would cost me several 100 dollars to ship it there and why should I pay for their stuff up an arrogance?

Paypal cant do anything as the vendor must agree to a partial refund requested.

In the end paypal are paying me a partial refund without the kit having to be sent back but it comes out of paypal funds, not hobby kings funds.

I still have an open case with the Dept of Justice, office of fair trading and will have them prosecuted for deceptive trading practices.

BEWARE THIS MOB OF THIEVES AND DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!!!!!
Old 09-03-2014, 08:48 PM
ho2zoo
My Feedback: (5)

That stinks! Sorry you're having trouble Peter. I have heard of others being ripped off by them too. Good luck!
Old 09-03-2014, 10:32 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

here are pics from the manual clearly showing the missing parts in steps 32 and 33. Arrogant mongrols won't even respond to the dispute lodged in their own system.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	HK Vampire manual 1).jpeg
Views:	66
Size:	1.85 MB
ID:	2028815   Click image for larger version

Name:	HK Vampire manual 2).jpeg
Views:	112
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	2028816  
Old 09-04-2014, 04:54 AM
da Rock

Peter,
Sorry you've had such bad service from Hobby King.

However, since you're started a duplicate thread to this one in another RCU forum and that's against RCU rules, I'm going to lock this one. Please don't duplicate threads. Also, make sure to post new threads in an appropriate forum to the topic. And of course, start in only one forum.

It may be good advice to warn people against buying from Hobby King, but you see how seldom people take advice like that. Case in point, are the 3 threads you started back in 2012 warning people not to buy from HK, and here they are two years later screwing you again. At least you're proving that HK is risky to do business with.

Your experience with the power supply in 2012 and now missing parts in 2014 show they haven't gotten any better to deal with.