Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Byron P51 Late style (plug in wings) Question on the CG

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Byron P51 Late style (plug in wings) Question on the CG

Old 04-04-2015, 09:30 AM
MarvinLoomis
My Feedback: (20)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Byron P51 Late style (plug in wings) Question on the CG

Any of you Byron guys know where the P51 CG is measured from? Manual says "5 1/2 inches from the leading edge of wing at center section". Guess my question is that measured from where the wing plugs into the center section, or further inboard closer to the fuselage? I'm about dead on if its out where the wing plugs in, but a little nose heavy if its further inboard by the fuselage. Don't know if its a big concern, but the manual is not very specific. Thanks for any help out there!
Old 04-04-2015, 06:54 PM
kingair70
My Feedback: (156)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The CG is 5 1/2" from the leading edge at the wing root. If you are balancing where the wing plugs in (outboard of stub wing), the CG is 3 1/4" from the leading edge.
Old 04-04-2015, 08:38 PM
MarvinLoomis
My Feedback: (20)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, kingair70, usually it is the wing root, but the manual says the 5 1/2" from the leading edge at the Center section. Its just a little misleading, or I'm just a little slow!! The wing gets wider at the wing root and the 5 1/2 seemed about right but wanted to get someone's else opinion. Thanks again.