Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

ESM 50cc Corsair

Old 05-22-2015, 05:18 PM
mistermnkim
My Feedback: (153)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESM 50cc Corsair

My new score!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0686.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	2097668  
Old 05-22-2015, 06:42 PM
oldtimer4759

hi, I am sure you WILL be happy with it, you have some work and decisions in front of you, there is a thread on here about that model, lots of very useful information, I have one, it is very nice to fly, looks fantastic. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-w...c-corsair.html
will be about 15kg, lots of engine choices, I have an EME 70 Twin in mine, very happy with it, it is a good build with lots of options, I wont say much about the flaps, but you will get to know them very well,
there is quite a bit of reading on the thread, with some very good ideas that will be a big help.
Oldtimer
Old 05-23-2015, 01:01 AM
midastouch_73
My Feedback: (27)

I concur there is a lot of work ahead of your. I would really look at the thread in regards to the center wing section failures and repairs. I've had that problem and it's not nice.
Old 05-23-2015, 05:18 AM
mistermnkim

Hi guys, yes I will be looking at all info about this bird. I am very interested in the center wing problems? That I have not herd about..
Old 05-23-2015, 06:32 PM
oldtimer4759

hi,
there are a good number of posts about the fibre glass section, I cut the top centre out of mine, then made up a good quality ply main spar insert, epoxied it in place, then I put a layer of glass inside the skin, everywhere I could reach, took a bit of time and effort,
mine is one of the early kits, it has the round tube for the outer wings, I bought it still in the box from someone who was going to build it years back.
as to the beefing up of the centre section is needed or not, I dont know, I did mine because a few people had failures, there are obviously a lot that have been OK, just another one of the decisions you have to make.
read the posts, it will take you a while, if you need specific info you couldnt find PM me I might be able to help.
Oldtimer.
Old 05-23-2015, 07:04 PM
mistermnkim

Thanks oldtimer, I read through the long thread and found what your talking about. I will be opening up mine as well, I plan to do a lot of detail work along with a radial just cant take the chance!! Thanks for the help so far and I will give you a yell as I proceed and need advice. Thanks again!