Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Hanger Nine 60cc P51

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Hanger Nine 60cc P51

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 07:27 AM
Kirk RC
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hanger Nine 60cc P51

I just received my new Hanger 9 P 51 this weekend. Going to put in a DA 60 and looking forward to the reported excellent flying characteristics. Unfortunately the covering isn't near as good as on other Hanger Nine planes as reported extensively in other threads.
My plane arrived with a broken vertical stab. Not shipping damage IMO. I hope they fix the issues at the factory in Vietnam. The plane could be excellent if the folks building them would spend time on QA.
The excellent news is the way Horizon w/o question immediately took care of the problem.
I can't say enough about the product support and superior customer service!!!

They are without a doubt "best practices" in customer service.
Good job team in Champagne Illinois.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:44 PM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

They took pretty good care of me, too. Now that I've flown the bird, I wish I'd just gone ahead and stripped, glassed and painted it. It deserves it.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:09 PM
Kirk RC
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shaun,
I hear you you. I just got this to fly as I finish up my Meister Fw190d. They were so close to having an excellent product. Heck, charge another $400 or so and make it good to go and I would be there.
Seems to be a real gap in the market between the $1400 plus plus and beyond and where this plane could have been. I actually passed on the robert p47 ARF to do this bird, so I could buy the BME 116 for the FW, plus a few boxes of Patagas D4's.
Maybe some body will figure out the middle ground..
Off to Muncie for the Warbirds fly in so all is good.