Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Top RC Zero from Gator R/C

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Top RC Zero from Gator R/C

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 05:46 PM
TimD.
My Feedback: (207)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by O MAN
I've been trolling this thread for a couple of weeks reading all the posts with great interest.
pulled the trigger waiting for the thing to show up. Threw caution to the wind gonna power it with the saito FG 90 just love the sound on the YouTube videos. Think I'm already driving Mike a Gator crazy with cowl worries. He told me to relaxe and assured me that this batch has the larger cowl. Once the thing sows up I'll post some more thoughts/questions
You will not be disappointed . I am going on season two with mine.
Old 02-13-2017, 06:11 PM
CRG
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any issues with the TopRC electric retracts? Nice to be able to drop them in and go if they're reliable.
Old 02-13-2017, 06:26 PM
TimD.

I say if you are using a radial engine or electric they are great !
If you plan to use a gasser then go air. The vibration is too much for the electric in my opinion.
Old 02-13-2017, 06:31 PM
CRG

Thanks Tim. I am planning on using an FG-84.
Old 02-13-2017, 06:50 PM
jimkron

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I've been trolling this thread for a couple of weeks reading all the posts with great interest.
pulled the trigger waiting for the thing to show up. Threw caution to the wind gonna power it with the saito FG 90 just love the sound on the YouTube videos. Think I'm already driving Mike a Gator crazy with cowl worries. He told me to relaxe and assured me that this batch has the larger cowl. Once the thing sows up I'll post some more thoughts/questions
Hey O Man,
I'm in the Bay Area. Love the zero. Happy to help.

jim
Old 02-13-2017, 06:54 PM
jimkron

Originally Posted by Kh@n
Hi all, Have anyone with the Saito fg 84/90, fittet it with the nice Keleo exhaust ring?? If so, does it need modification for the ring to be installed, or is it straight forward around the enginebox?

I have the 84 with the Keleo. you'll need to trim the corners of the engine box a bit. I added triangle stock to the box inside and out for extra support. I think Keleo sells a Baffles kit...well worth it.

jim
Old 02-13-2017, 06:56 PM
jimkron

Originally Posted by CRG
Any issues with the TopRC electric retracts? Nice to be able to drop them in and go if they're reliable.
The motors seem light duty for the weight of bigger scale wheels. BUT so far no issues after 5 flights.
Old 02-14-2017, 12:04 AM
Kh@n

Originally Posted by jimkron
I have the 84 with the Keleo. you'll need to trim the corners of the engine box a bit. I added triangle stock to the box inside and out for extra support. I think Keleo sells a Baffles kit...well worth it.

jim
Thanks Jim😊
Old 02-14-2017, 09:20 AM
AKA2

Same here, gave Mike a call, nice guy btw, and told me that all zeros he has, come with the bigger cowl so the saito radials 84-90 fit w out mods. I bought the fg90 and now Iīm patiently (donīt think so) waiting for the zero to arrive.
Old 02-14-2017, 11:15 AM
O MAN

Thanks was definitely going with keleo exhaust saw the baffles
Chris
Old 02-16-2017, 03:00 AM
topgun25000

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default after sales toprc

Originally Posted by CRG
Attention Toprc!!!
Be carreful with toprc model : no correct after sales.
I have the p 51(dle 55) and the zero (fg84 saito).I have received the zero (from bigplanes)with cracks and paint failures.Toprc don't change the wings.Two months ago I'm waiting for small bootles of paint.
The quality is ok but after sales is zero !
Old 02-16-2017, 09:08 AM
O MAN

Originally Posted by topgun25000
Attention Toprc!!!
Be carreful with toprc model : no correct after sales.
I have the p 51(dle 55) and the zero (fg84 saito).I have received the zero (from bigplanes)with cracks and paint failures.Toprc don't change the wings.Two months ago I'm waiting for small bootles of paint.
The quality is ok but after sales is zero !
Sorry to hear of your experience, my airplane arrived Monday night packed unbelievably well, I feel like UPS would have had to try and damage it. I did a quick inspection, and assembled the wings tailfeathers,couldn't resist.

the quality of my plane seemed good throughout fit and finish was excellent, the wing tubes were a little tight, and there was more overspray on the gray underside than I would like but overall my plane gets an "A" can't wait to get strted
Old 02-17-2017, 01:16 AM
topgun25000

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear of your experience, my airplane arrived Monday night packed unbelievably well, I feel like UPS would have had to try and damage it. I did a quick inspection, and assembled the wings tailfeathers,couldn't resist.

the quality of my plane seemed good throughout fit and finish was excellent, the wing tubes were a little tight, and there was more overspray on the gray underside than I would like but overall my plane gets an "A" can't wait to get strted
Yes the quality is good but "after sales service" is bad.
In the future i will buy another brand to have a true after sales service.
When you receive a plane with several paint failures and cracks, a serious factory must to repair .With Toprc : no solutions.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:44 AM
Sonny.C
My Feedback: (23)

Topgun25000,

I'm sorry you received a damaged plane. My Top Models Mustang arrived with a broken rear canopy frame that was damaged during the shipping process..

Go to the following link: www.toprcmodel.com and post a message regarding your damaged plane here: [email protected]. It took a few days, but I did get a response back from a Mr. Henry He who, in turn, contacted the appropriate distributor and within a week I had a replacement canopy frame sitting on my doorstep. If you purchased the plane from Gator RC I would contact Mike, who would help you resolve the damage issue as well.

Good Luck!

Sonny

Last edited by Sonny.C; 02-17-2017 at 05:48 AM.
Old 02-17-2017, 01:38 PM
n8622t
My Feedback: (8)

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonny.C
Topgun25000,

I'm sorry you received a damaged plane. My Top Models Mustang arrived with a broken rear canopy frame that was damaged during the shipping process..

Go to the following link: www.toprcmodel.com and post a message regarding your damaged plane here: [email protected]. It took a few days, but I did get a response back from a Mr. Henry He who, in turn, contacted the appropriate distributor and within a week I had a replacement canopy frame sitting on my doorstep. If you purchased the plane from Gator RC I would contact Mike, who would help you resolve the damage issue as well.

Good Luck!

Sonny

You think that's gonna help a guy in France??
Old 02-17-2017, 03:33 PM
Helijet

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Reread the post...he did offer appropriate assistance.

dw
Old 02-19-2017, 11:05 AM
n8622t
My Feedback: (8)

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Helijet
Reread the post...he did offer appropriate assistance.

dw
It's sad when you get screwed...I've only had a few bad experiences in this hobby and it always sucked Good luck TopGun25000, hope you get the problem resolved
Old 02-19-2017, 01:54 PM
CRG

My Zero arrived Friday and everything looks great, I'm very impressed with the packaging. No instructions I presume? There are none in my box.
Looks like the canopy is set up to be made to slide without too much effort.

I have a couple of projects to finish off then will get started on it.
Old 02-19-2017, 03:56 PM
MikeJM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CRG
My Zero arrived Friday and everything looks great, I'm very impressed with the packaging. No instructions I presume? There are none in my box.
Looks like the canopy is set up to be made to slide without too much effort.

I have a couple of projects to finish off then will get started on it.
You have to download the online instructions.
Old 02-19-2017, 04:46 PM
TimD.

Yes , online instructions. Go to Gatorrc they have them listed on the zero page.
Old 02-19-2017, 06:27 PM
mujenpwr

I am thinking about a DA100 inline in one of these. I would need to move the firewall back about 2 inches. Is their enough room to mod the firewall and move it back 1.5 to 2 inches?

Appreciate any input.

Thx

Joe
Old 02-22-2017, 07:38 AM
CRG

I didn't see them on the Gator site but found them elsewhere. Been tinkering with some servo installation but not much else for now.
Old 02-22-2017, 12:59 PM
TimD.

Originally Posted by mujenpwr
I am thinking about a DA100 inline in one of these. I would need to move the firewall back about 2 inches. Is their enough room to mod the firewall and move it back 1.5 to 2 inches?

Appreciate any input.

Thx

Joe

I think that would be just too much power !
The only reason you are seeing 70-80-90cc engines being put in it is because they are Radials. A 80cc radial is only putting out about the same power as a 60cc gasser. I think the plane could handle the engine weight. just not that kinda power available from it. If you are GOOD with throttle management then maybe.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:59 PM
redjack
My Feedback: (4)

I have a question.... What servo are you or do you use in the tail gear on the Zero?
Old 02-23-2017, 07:53 PM
AKA2

I started my build last nite and as Hot Rod Todd suggested I went with the hitec hs 5087 mg servo for the tail gear. Itīs a bit small for the hole but I added a bit of plywood to compensate the difference. Works fine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.