Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Top Flite GS p-47 Bubble top to razorback question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Top Flite GS p-47 Bubble top to razorback question

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 04:15 AM
raron455
My Feedback: (38)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Top Flite GS p-47 Bubble top to razorback question

Hello Fellas, I am looking at building the top flite p47 Razorback, My buddy is helping me and stated it would be best to buy the RTC model bubble top because it comes as a RTC which is easier than stripping the razorback model, and would not have to worry about already being hinged. I am having him Glass this one and put some panel lines on it ETC.. I seen there is a razorback conversion from Wylie Warbirds, I have sent an email and waiting to hear back, I know his parts are the very best for the conversion. Wanted to get some advice, just in case that was not available anymore, was he the only one to do the conversion an offer the parts to those who aren't capable like me of making them. Hoping to hear back from Wylie Warbirds but thats not looking too promising right now, so I am trying to get all of the information I can right now.
Thanks

Last edited by raron455; 12-14-2017 at 04:17 AM.
Old 12-14-2017, 04:33 AM
chris923
My Feedback: (53)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as I know, TF P47 in Razor abck of bubble top has never come in a RTC.
Old 12-14-2017, 05:31 AM
raron455

Originally Posted by chris923
As far as I know, TF P47 in Razor abck of bubble top has never come in a RTC.
you can buy the TF GS bubbletop from Tower as a RTC, but not the razorback, since the plane is going to be glassed, figured it's easier to get that one since it has no covering or adhesive on it and it's not hinged yet , and do the razor conversion,,If I am able to find the conversion parts needed. But have had no luck finding the conversion pieces yet
Old 12-14-2017, 07:11 AM
ForcesR

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

raron455; Wylie Warbirds if I remember correctly was operated by tfarmer96. Send him a PM and he may be able to help you out with the turtle deck conversion kit, that's if he still has them. Or maybe he will be able to direct you to where a similar kit can be purchased.

Roger
Old 12-15-2017, 03:07 PM
raron455

Tried that route, still no luck.. .Also contacted TOP FLITE to see if it was possible to purchase the razorback in a RTC version, NO DICE, only way to get it is already covered and hinged.
Old 12-15-2017, 03:54 PM
TonyBuilder
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get the ARF and let’s just strip it...

TB
Old 12-16-2017, 08:44 AM
dryverman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ziroli has the fiberglass razorback piece for his 92" P-47, it would no doubt fit the TF with a little trimming. Tower sells the canopy.
Old 11-02-2018, 09:37 AM
rk212

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by raron455
Hello Fellas, I am looking at building the top flite p47 Razorback, My buddy is helping me and stated it would be best to buy the RTC model bubble top because it comes as a RTC which is easier than stripping the razorback model, and would not have to worry about already being hinged. I am having him Glass this one and put some panel lines on it ETC.. I seen there is a razorback conversion from Wylie Warbirds, I have sent an email and waiting to hear back, I know his parts are the very best for the conversion. Wanted to get some advice, just in case that was not available anymore, was he the only one to do the conversion an offer the parts to those who aren't capable like me of making them. Hoping to hear back from Wylie Warbirds but thats not looking too promising right now, so I am trying to get all of the information I can right now.
Thanks
Hi Ronnie, how did you get on with this project in the end please? I had the idea to do exactly the same with the RTC bubble and convert

Did you find some good / adequate parts to do the conversion? Did Wylie come back to you on this?

Many thanks!

Ryan