Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

How many Pre-Ordered the H9 newest Hellcat?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.
View Poll Results: How many have Pre-Ordered the new H9 small Hellcat?
Yes I have or will
25.00%
No thanks at this time
41.67%
I will probably purchase it after it is released
33.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

How many Pre-Ordered the H9 newest Hellcat?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2018, 11:48 AM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default How many Pre-Ordered the H9 newest Hellcat?

Just wondering how many have pre-ordered the F6F Hellcat 15cc ARF (HAN2765) from Hangar 9.

Yes or no
Old 06-02-2018, 06:40 PM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

it looks really nice, and I have a NIB Hanson modified G20, but no flaps, that's a bit disappointing

Jim
Old 06-02-2018, 10:03 PM
optech
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I pre-ordered one.
Old 06-02-2018, 10:30 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I will be getting one and am considering offering some after market to dress up the airplane even further. I've looked over the manual pretty carefully and I think it will be possible to add flaps without too much effort as well as a retractable tail wheel unit and possibly a set of scale, airfoiled tail feathers. Also looking at a surface detail kit, additional cockpit details, drop tank kit, and who knows what else. I will know more once I have the airplane in hand. Much of this stuff should be easily adapted from my own design Hellcat kit which is the same size exactly as the H9 airplane.
Old 06-03-2018, 07:26 AM
oriole
My Feedback: (19)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The economics of the ARF market are pushing me towards the Warbird Foamies. They've come a long way with Foamies in the last 3 years. A Flightline 63" Tigercat or Spitfire (including flaps, retracts, servos) is $350.00 shipped. Just add receiver and lipo, and within two hours assembly time you are in the air. With the H9 Hellcat you are at > $1000 to add power source, retracts, servos, extensions. I can have three Foamies in the air for the price of this H9 ARF.

Oriole
Old 06-03-2018, 08:13 AM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm with you on that issue Oriole but when it comes to a Hellcat, not much available in a foamie ARF and none in this size range.

Other than the top hatch and different color scheme I'm not seeing any real difference in this new Hellcat and the one they had a few years ago.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:53 PM
Chad Veich

Originally Posted by Steve Collins
Other than the top hatch and different color scheme I'm not seeing any real difference in this new Hellcat and the one they had a few years ago.
Than you are not looking very closely Steve. The entire front end of the fuselage has been revised to make it more scale. The cowl on the previous airplane was ridiculously out of scale. It looks very good on this new bird. The new airplane also has two piece plug in wings rather than the single piece, carry through unit of the older one. That eliminates the need for a belly pan and all the associated separation lines and makes this new bird look better as well as easier to store and transport. Add in the previously mentioned top hatch and about the only thing unchanged from before might be the tail surfaces.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:54 PM
Chad Veich

Originally Posted by oriole
The economics of the ARF market are pushing me towards the Warbird Foamies. They've come a long way with Foamies in the last 3 years. A Flightline 63" Tigercat or Spitfire (including flaps, retracts, servos) is $350.00 shipped. Just add receiver and lipo, and within two hours assembly time you are in the air. With the H9 Hellcat you are at > $1000 to add power source, retracts, servos, extensions. I can have three Foamies in the air for the price of this H9 ARF.
Many of us still enjoy flying gas or glow and/or are simply not interested in electric. Tough to put a nitro or gas motor on a foamy.
Old 06-03-2018, 02:14 PM
oriole
My Feedback: (19)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Understand. Me too, but it comes with a premium.
Old 06-03-2018, 02:16 PM
gregandhollie

I hadn't seen this plane until this thread, but I think it looks great and is a great candidate for one of the 20cc gassers I have stashed away. I suspect it will fly just as good as my H9 P-47. I suspect I'll end up with one.

And I love that the elevator and rudder servos aren't hanging out of the side of the fuselage!

Last edited by gregandhollie; 06-03-2018 at 02:19 PM.
Old 06-03-2018, 05:51 PM
Chris Nicastro
My Feedback: (3)

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I hit the wrong button, should have been NO
Old 06-08-2018, 06:31 PM
bonemadderek

I have a discontinued nib H9 Hellcat 60 still in my queue of arfs and won't be getting this newest release