Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Bud Nosen P51 wing washouts

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Bud Nosen P51 wing washouts

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 11:35 AM
Props4ever

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bud Nosen P51 wing washouts

Hi, I'm looking to buy a framed up BN P51 but the wing does not have washout built into it. Visually it looks like wingtips and the fuselage centrelines are parallel.

Do these models need wishouts built into their wings?
​​​​​
Any help will be appreciated.
Old 09-15-2018, 08:28 PM
Steve_S-RCU

Hi Props4ever,

Built and flew a BN P-51 for 10 years. No washout and it flew fine.

Steve
Old 09-24-2018, 08:33 AM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I have never heard a single bad thing about the Nosen Mustang wing flying quaities.. I have heard many say its amazing how fast, AND slow it is capable of.. with a fairly wide balance range.
Old 10-10-2018, 06:48 AM
2001az
My Feedback: (5)

A fine flier doesn't mean that if you incorporate washout you are going to make the plane worst. Perhaps it will help to be more docile in landings. I have found that the TF P-51 with symmetrical airfoil, 0° incidence is one of the reason many people end it breaking the wing in addition to the poor structural design/techniques used in the Chinese factories for the ARF model due to the fact that the plane needs to lands on the fast side. And you would say oh that TF P-51 flies fine. yes but it lands too fast and not very forgettable, but if this model has non-symmetrical airfoil like a naca2315 or naca2415 and at least 2° washout the model will fly even better and the speed for landing will improve.
Bottom line, if you want even better performance of your Nosen P-51 put some washout and you won't regret about it.