Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

VQ Warbirds A-24 Banshee 80" Build and Fly!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

VQ Warbirds A-24 Banshee 80" Build and Fly!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2020, 05:27 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Nice. I'm putting together the A-26 and was getting concerned about how the amount of "adjustments" and "fit" that I've had to do compared to other ARFs. I wish I had found this earlier when I first started my assembly so I would have been prepared. Thank you for the great photos.
Old 01-21-2020, 07:55 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rgburrill
Nice. I'm putting together the A-26 and was getting concerned about how the amount of "adjustments" and "fit" that I've had to do compared to other ARFs. I wish I had found this earlier when I first started my assembly so I would have been prepared. Thank you for the great photos.
Oh? Like what adjustments?
Old 01-24-2020, 09:10 AM
bbdreaux
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A couple pics of in side mine

Old 01-29-2020, 12:00 PM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnVH
Oh? Like what adjustments?
Like the vertical stab would not seat all the way which means the horizontal stab isn't the correct dihedral. The horizontal stab fairings are too big and had to be shaved to fit. But since there is no fairing for the vertical stab I am just leaving them off so they all have about the same gap. The elevator pushrod control horns are too far away from the fuse and don't turn far enough so the pushrods must have an offset. And the supplied pushrods are so brittle they break when you try to z-bend them. And that is just the tail surfaces. But the LHS likes my weekly visits to pick up odds and ends.
Old 03-13-2020, 06:04 PM
Inver Ted

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

John VH great thread. I'm about to prep an ARF war bird thanks for going through your prep in such detail. QV make a good product, do any other manufacturers get that short of detail on their covering? Great plane, enjoyed your vids too.
Old 10-11-2020, 12:34 PM
Aero D

Great thread. Im just finishing the VQ Dauntless and your thread helped me with a few things. Can you confirm the CG you went with? It looks like you right around 5" from LE. I saw another thread showing 6.25" from the LE.
Right now I'm pretty tail heavy and trying to determine how much dead weight Im going to have to add.
Old 10-11-2020, 12:35 PM
Aero D

One other thing, did you glue to 2 outside wing panels, or just use the screw to hold them on?
Old 10-12-2020, 07:07 AM
JohnVH

Originally Posted by Aero D
Great thread. Im just finishing the VQ Dauntless and your thread helped me with a few things. Can you confirm the CG you went with? It looks like you right around 5" from LE. I saw another thread showing 6.25" from the LE.
Right now I'm pretty tail heavy and trying to determine how much dead weight Im going to have to add.
Probably should message the manufacturer and see what they say, Im sure I went by the book on my build, but I dont remember what that is off the top of my head right now.

Originally Posted by Aero D
One other thing, did you glue to 2 outside wing panels, or just use the screw to hold them on?
I used the screw to hold them on
Old 10-19-2020, 01:43 PM
Aero D

Dang, using 5.25" for the CG, per the manual, I have to strap 2lbs of weight to the engine mount to balance. I'm using an DLE 35RA without a starter which I'm sure is lighter than yours. But 2lbs, GEEZ!!!
Planning to maiden next weekend, YIKES!!!

JohnVH, couple more questions for you...
1. Do you recall what the total balance weight of the your plane was/is (with no gas in the tank)? I'm right at 19lbs (including the 2lbs of lead)

2. What spinner/hub are you using?

Old 10-19-2020, 01:55 PM
JohnVH

Trying to remember if I even weighed it, I don't usually weigh my planes.

It was a spinner they had for it.
Old 11-04-2020, 05:14 PM
Aero D

Smile VQ SBD-5 Dauntless - Successful Maiden!

Thanks for all the tips on this thread. Had a successful maiden last weekend. Fly's great!
Old 11-04-2020, 05:16 PM
Aero D

One question.... The 50 cal. machine guns that were glued to the top of my cowl vibrated off. Any suggestions on where to find similar replacements?