Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Guillows F4U Corsair Guillows Elevator Assembly

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Guillows F4U Corsair Guillows Elevator Assembly

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2020, 01:40 AM
maddryn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Guillows F4U Corsair Guillows Elevator Assembly

Hi,
I have followed numerous thread here for help and advice and have never needed to post.. Usually someone beat me to the question.
I have built three other Balsa planes (mostly the smaller.) and have helped and researched for several others, but this one is irritating me and I am stuck.
When reviewing the plans for the elevator section, I have built around it in hopes inspiration would come to me or I could find it in a forum.
The new plans call for building the elevator with Balsa and vinyl to compensate for the height and sanding of the leading edge.
However I am not sure what they are saying as far as glue the 1/16th square stock to the 1/16th Vinyl and then the core laminate...
Am I to cut the vinyl from the firewall sheet, and I have NO IDEA what teh core laminate is...
Again I have built a couple this is the first time I am going with all the options... and wow this forum has pretty much saved me ALOT of research on other plans and on how to design this one. So even before the advice and information, thank you VERY much for past information and ideas!!!
Thanks again...
-=S=-