Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

TopRc F4U Corsair assembly

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

TopRc F4U Corsair assembly

Old 09-19-2021, 01:07 PM
CK1
My Feedback: (60)

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Ruizmilton , I did get your email and responded to it requesting the other pictures you said you have and about pricing . Did you not get my email ?
Old 09-19-2021, 01:18 PM
claudebrifflot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ruizmilton
another photo, the wing is finished. I have no interest with this story, I tell you what was done as modifications, if you are reassured it's good otherwise I don't care, on the other hand I understand the anger of those who bought the first version of the corsair.

Old 09-19-2021, 04:09 PM
Ruizmilton
My Feedback: (29)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
Ruizmilton , I did get your email and responded to it requesting the other pictures you said you have and about pricing . Did you not get my email ?
I don’t recall getting a response, still no worries, the complete explanation of what is the process to modify the wing is in the email, the pictures of the formers were included on it as well, there were a couple of pictures I did not have with me when I sent the email, they have already been posted on this thread. If there is something that is not clear let me know.

Thanks
Old 09-22-2021, 02:59 AM
Ruizmilton
My Feedback: (29)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Can any of the guys using a Saito FG 90 share the size of standoffs that you used? I’m done with the building if the airframe, servos and rigging, moving to engine installation next and need to know the size of the standoffs.

Thanks
Old 09-26-2021, 02:15 AM
BASHER
My Feedback: (15)

Smile

im going a differant route with using expandable foam for the center section....may back the original spar with 4ply birch but i'm thinking consolidate all the air space and voids to act as 1 solid unit! not the entire center section just whats needed,i'll put tubes in for my wiring and block off where i dont want the foam to penetrate then put a few venting holes so excess has somewhere to go rather then blow the skins off the ribs and other structure, they sell high density 2 part foam for use in setting deck posts in the ground.
Old 09-26-2021, 01:01 PM
gpman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BASHER View Post
im going a differant route with using expandable foam for the center section....may back the original spar with 4ply birch but i'm thinking consolidate all the air space and voids to act as 1 solid unit! not the entire center section just whats needed,i'll put tubes in for my wiring and block off where i dont want the foam to penetrate then put a few venting holes so excess has somewhere to go rather then blow the skins off the ribs and other structure, they sell high density 2 part foam for use in setting deck posts in the ground.
I think this will make the center section very heavy, and the foam will not add any strength to the stucture. For the skin yes but nog for a overall strength i think.

Geoff
Old 09-26-2021, 02:23 PM
tevans55

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BASHER View Post
I did that on my 85” ESM Corsair and it worked great! Still flying today. Heavier yes...but not enough to hurt flight characteristics. I doubt you will notice any difference. Bonds to the frame really well! Go for it!!!
Old 09-26-2021, 10:33 PM
BASHER
My Feedback: (15)

Originally Posted by gpman View Post
I think this will make the center section very heavy, and the foam will not add any strength to the stucture. For the skin yes but nog for a overall strength i think.

Geoff
well 12oz is 12oz regardless if its feathers or lead and all weight is at or infront of cg! and this thing calls for alot of ballast to balance,although its not upfront in the cowl its still forward of cg.... my opinion is filling a empty void that does nothing to consolidating the whole center section and tieing all formers and ribs as 1 solid unit definetly will spread the load, but i'm still researching at this point.
The following users liked this post:
gpman (09-27-2021)
Old 09-30-2021, 10:14 AM
fw190
My Feedback: (37)

I have the TopRCModel Zero and Corsair, both I had to fix some kind of spar issues. I was hoping TopRCModel ARFs last longer than plastic covered ones but they do not IMHO. They make beautiful ARFs but I will never ever buy any more of them.