Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Black Horse P-47 Thunderbolt 60cc?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Black Horse P-47 Thunderbolt 60cc?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2022, 03:20 PM
RoysterDW

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by LtMash1A
Problems with retracts. Using the supplied retract controller system. When I actuate the retracts the control surfaces jump around (ailerons, flaps, elevators) until the cycle is complete. Using HiTech 645MG servos. 2S lipo with noise suppression ring on wire.
I gather the retracts work fine when using the button on the controller? Whilst unplugged from the RX? Try another RX. Even a smaller one just to eliminate the RX.
Old 05-01-2022, 10:05 PM
LtMash1A

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thank you for your response. After trying running the retract wires away from the servo wires and trying different gear actuators, I replaced the servos with D series HiTec from the HS series which were very noisy and actually irritating. Anyway problem solved and my airplane is very quiet.
The following users liked this post:
RoysterDW (05-03-2022)
Old 05-03-2022, 01:12 AM
RoysterDW

Glad you got it sorted. I’m running Dualsky HV servos and a Hitec on the throttle but yeah it’s a bit noisy but you don’t notice it once the canopy is on.
How far are you on the build or flying already?
Old 05-03-2022, 01:57 AM
RoysterDW

BTW did get Version 1 or 2 of P47?
Old 05-03-2022, 10:58 AM
LtMash1A

Version 2. useing electric. Getting ready to balane
RoysterDW (05-03-2022)
Old 05-03-2022, 03:40 PM
RoysterDW

Exclamation

My turn for issues now. Main retracts are not working. I thought it was because of some resistance as I added XT30 connectors to be able to make taking wings on and off easier. Anyway connected directly to the controller and they still dont work. Funny thing is the rear retract works fine so im not sure if its the main retracts or the contoller.
Old 05-03-2022, 09:35 PM
LtMash1A

Tail wheel works. Does the tail wheel work on any port on the controller? It should if all your ports are good.Plugging main gear in the tail wheel port should operate the main gear. If the tail wheel works in the tail wheel port, the main gear should work as well in that port. Also XT30's are tricky to solder without resistance. Try back on the lead that come with the main gear on any controller port with fully charged battery and it should work. Or, if your tail wheel port is the only working port, the main should work in that port. Also try your mains without any doors attached and out of the plane. Hope this helps.
RoysterDW (05-04-2022)
Old 05-04-2022, 09:47 AM
maddog-RCU
My Feedback: (23)

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Thank you for your response. After trying running the retract wires away from the servo wires and trying different gear actuators, I replaced the servos with D series HiTec from the HS series which were very noisy and actually irritating. Anyway problem solved and my airplane is very quiet.
WOW; I have run into the same problem with my TopRC P-47 and have been trying a number of things recommended by people including those at TopRC to get it fixed.
I was told it was the extended servo leads; that they need to be twisted wire type not the flat type I was using; so I replaced ALL of the flat that ran to the servos with twisted wire type....no change.
BTW the only time I had this problem was when the tail wheel retract was plugged into the controller and it was operating; when I unplugged it no problem what so ever.
So I am sure it is something to do with the tail retract mechanism; so looking for answers again it was recommended I try a noise suppression ring on the tail retract; the problem persists.
So like you LtMash1A it looks like I need to replace all my Hitec 625 servos also, because I am running out of options.
When you say D series does that mean Digital?
Thanks for your input.
RoysterDW (05-04-2022)
Old 05-04-2022, 02:09 PM
RoysterDW

Thumbs up

Tail wheel works. Does the tail wheel work on any port on the controller? It should if all your ports are good.Plugging main gear in the tail wheel port should operate the main gear. If the tail wheel works in the tail wheel port, the main gear should work as well in that port. Also XT30's are tricky to solder without resistance. Try back on the lead that come with the main gear on any controller port with fully charged battery and it should work. Or, if your tail wheel port is the only working port, the main should work in that port. Also try your mains without any doors attached and out of the plane. Hope this helps.
Firstly thanks for your reply. I think its the controller thats faulty. After trying the mains on just the JST connectors that come with it in any port failed to work. There's a slight motor twitch either way but nothing extends the gear. I tried the rear in other ports and it failed as well which means its the Phoenix controller.
Now comes the hard part in convincing the hobby shop I bought the plane from its faulty. I'm serioulsy thinking buying a JP Hobbies ER-150 controller and going with that.
Old 05-04-2022, 06:16 PM
LtMash1A

D645MW I have no idea what the "D" stands for.There is video on the HiTec website for them. Also on the Black Horse P-47, the JP 150 will operate the gear.

Last edited by LtMash1A; 05-04-2022 at 07:04 PM.
RoysterDW (05-08-2022)
Old 05-08-2022, 08:20 PM
RoysterDW

Default Callie Graphics

Well worth getting the graphics from Callie. Big difference in quality and colours.

Old 05-08-2022, 08:24 PM
RoysterDW

D645MW I have no idea what the "D" stands for.There is video on the HiTec website for them. Also on the Black Horse P-47, the JP 150 will operate the gear.
I ordered a retract controller replace from Phoenix in hope that is the root of the problem. If not then I’ll replace the actuators with JP Hobby motors and controller. Then hand back the duds for warranty, which in the hobby world is not good at the best of times.
Old 05-09-2022, 07:29 AM
wedoka4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where can I order the better graphics?
I couldn't find anything on the website.
Greeting Werner
Old 05-09-2022, 09:22 AM
Txmustangflyer

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts

Callie-graphics can do anything you want for rc. If you want better kit specific, just find her pics of the plane. She does excellent work.
If you can find pics of the full scale, even better.

She did graphics for the current P51 I'm building. 1/5...cost. 35 bucks.
Old 05-09-2022, 11:51 AM
RoysterDW

Originally Posted by wedoka4
where can I order the better graphics?
I couldn't find anything on the website.
Greeting Werner
I’m sure she would still have the file if you just send her a pic of the graphic from the online manual and as the same as Roy’s order.
it’s a tad bigger but I prefer it.
Old 05-09-2022, 12:26 PM
Txmustangflyer

Originally Posted by RoysterDW
I’m sure she would still have the file if you just send her a pic of the graphic from the online manual and as the same as Roy’s order.
it’s a tad bigger but I prefer it.
Callie is great, ain't she?
Wedoka, just let her have some lead time. Its flying season and Joe Nall is goin on, or was, She's gonna be swamped...always is, but more-so..she'll need a a month or two to get em out to you, but they are worth the wait.
I'm just glad she has stuck with it. I remember her first post offering the service like ten years ago..She was talented then, shes even better now.

Wish I knew where the darn pictures of my esm mustang were..Was some of her first and they were flat out awesome.

The set she did for the current build, she included a decal for the cowl checkerboard. Saving that for when I flitemetal it after next flying season. Saves me a ton of masking...(cringe) Nothing I hate more..masking something up, sure you got it right, paint, pull the masking and then the "aww CRAP!"

Last edited by Txmustangflyer; 05-09-2022 at 12:47 PM.
RoysterDW (05-11-2022)
Old 05-09-2022, 02:19 PM
dryverman
My Feedback: (2)

Callie did these for me long before "SNAFU" got so popular....

Old 05-09-2022, 03:00 PM
RoysterDW

Watch out for this!
I pretty sure this is what could have cooked my retract motors. Back of motors rubbing on the wheel wells.
Old 05-12-2022, 09:39 AM
Jamese1153

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hey guys, new here and to the BH P-47

I am excited to have just received my BH P-47D and have been through much of this thread, you all are amazing. I have a few questions, as I read through these posts much of them are in French, is there an easy way to translate? Seems like I'm missing some good stuff. Also I see some pictures of the UMS 7-90cc, did that actually fir the cowell on this plane? Again those posts were in French.
RoysterDW (05-12-2022)
Old 05-12-2022, 10:55 AM
Txmustangflyer

Google translate.

Once you get to 10 posts you can post pics. Run into an issue, snap a pic, post it.

The folks here are great. It may take a day to get an answer, at times. (Its flying season) but they'll pop in.

Jamese1153 (05-12-2022)
Old 05-12-2022, 12:15 PM
Jamese1153

I've spent the morning looking at that UMS 70 wondering if I'd be able to modify my cowl to make it work.
Old 05-12-2022, 06:04 PM
RoysterDW

Originally Posted by Jamese1153
I am excited to have just received my BH P-47D and have been through much of this thread, you all are amazing. I have a few questions, as I read through these posts much of them are in French, is there an easy way to translate? Seems like I'm missing some good stuff. Also I see some pictures of the UMS 7-90cc, did that actually fir the cowell on this plane? Again those posts were in French.
yup just copy paste the French text into Google.
type in Google French to English and it’ll do there and then.
I gather you bought version 2 of the ARF?

Old 05-13-2022, 03:34 AM
Txmustangflyer

I've spent the morning looking at that UMS 70 wondering if I'd be able to modify my cowl to make it work.
Anything will fit with a big enough hammer :-)
Old 05-13-2022, 08:40 AM
Jamese1153

I guess I'm not sure how to tell but I assume so. It just came from MotionRC US and I doubt they have any version ones. It has all of the black ply inside.
Old 05-13-2022, 11:26 AM
RoysterDW

I guess I'm not sure how to tell but I assume so. It just came from MotionRC US and I doubt they have any version ones. It has all of the black ply inside.
Yup that’s version 2 with the carbon fibre. I’m running a DLE65 in mine. Tons of room, but going to need some nose weight. Manu with his DLE55 needed 1.2kgs of lead.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.