Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

I just bought a P-51D 1.2m electric and I’m having trouble

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

I just bought a P-51D 1.2m electric and I’m having trouble

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2021, 12:10 PM
Kyle egtvedt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just bought a P-51D 1.2m electric and I’m having trouble

So like the title said I just bought the P-51D 1.2m it’s the electric horizon hobby one. This is my first warbird. So I’m having trouble taking off I can get up to speed and the tail rises then it takes a nose dive and flips over. I’ve adjusted the weight and it’s now balanced. And I’ve read about how to take off so I push elevator up to keep it down for a second then release off elevator then down to take off but I get to letting it off then it flips over. And I’m also taking off from a grass field. I’m lost about what todo now any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 03-27-2021, 01:05 PM
Warbird AL
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not familiar with that plane, but when you said grass field that caught my eye.. Some of those smaller aircraft can be difficult to take off from a grass field. even some mid sized planes can have trouble. A lot depends on tire size and grass thickness. Is there a sidewalk nearby that you could use to take off from and the fly over the grass field? Just a thought