Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Jerry Bates 85" Dauntless

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Jerry Bates 85" Dauntless

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2021, 02:36 AM
bfd04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jerry Bates 85" Dauntless

Kind of a silly question, has anyone built this aircraft with a 3 piece wing? If you have, is it super difficult to do? I already plan on using individual servos for Ailerons and for the flaps, I also plan on using smaller micro servos for the dive brakes as I do not see me using them in flight. The only time I see using dive brakes is on the ground for display. Doing the controls this way eliminates the need for the bell cranks and long control rods in the wing, which would prevent a multi part wing from being utilized. I know this will add a little more weight, but I am planning on powering it with a G62 that I have still in a box on my shelf, so I know I will have plenty of power for the extra weight I build in.

A 3 piece wing will give me more transportation options over a single piece wing, that is why I am inquiring. If I am being unrealistic with what I want to accomplish please let me know, I am a big boy and can handle being told my idea is stupid or will not work at all. Just figured I would ask the more experienced builders before I start the build and screw it up, only to have to start over again.
Thanks