Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

TopRC Corsair - How many are flying ??

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

TopRC Corsair - How many are flying ??

Old 06-26-2021, 10:32 AM
CK1
My Feedback: (60)

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Default TopRC Corsair - How many are flying ??

I would like a hand raise of those whom own the TopRC Corsair and are flying or were flying one .
I am a bit curious as to the satisfaction level of those who have / had one flying and what issues you may have experienced with durability or quality of the plane . I particularly am not satisfied with the amount of flex in the center section that I and others have noticed . There also have been a few failures of the center section noted . I'm not knocking TopRC , but if there are concerns common to a fair number of these maybe it would be beneficial to see just how many . So what are your experiences ? Please no flaming or hearsay just straight-forward first hand knowledge and experiences . Thanks
Old 06-27-2021, 04:21 PM
CK1

Hmmmmm.... I'm begining to think that there aren't many flying ....
Old 06-27-2021, 11:22 PM
Prekin
My Feedback: (19)

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

I know about one Corsair.
Unfortunately same as TopRC Spitfire. Corsair is very heavy.
Old 06-28-2021, 03:51 AM
CK1

Thanks for the video Prekin . It appears that the center section held up to some bounced landing attempts in this case . Looks like the pilot had difficulty with slowing it down on final approach , but that is not a negative reflection of the plane itself necessarily but a matter of learning the planes needs .
. As far as weight of the TopRC Corsair , yes it is heavy but not much heavier than my Byron Corsair. My TopRC is 38 pounds and my Byron was 36 pounds . I account for most of the weight difference is the needed ballast in the nose of the TopRC as being at nearly 2 pounds more than the Byron

Last edited by CK1; 06-28-2021 at 03:56 AM.
Old 06-28-2021, 04:23 AM
Prekin

Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
Thanks for the video Prekin . It appears that the center section held up to some bounced landing attempts in this case . Looks like the pilot had difficulty with slowing it down on final approach , but that is not a negative reflection of the plane itself necessarily but a matter of learning the planes needs .
. As far as weight of the TopRC Corsair , yes it is heavy but not much heavier than my Byron Corsair. My TopRC is 38 pounds and my Byron was 36 pounds . I account for most of the weight difference is the needed ballast in the nose of the TopRC as being at nearly 2 pounds more than the Byron
No problem.
I talked with Derrick. Weight of his Corsair 42lbs.
There are some damages of fibreglass after some minutes on sun.

Old 06-28-2021, 04:46 AM
CK1

That's the type of issue I'm concerned about . I already know that the bonding agent used is not adhering well to the fiberglass /foam composite and also that there is an excessive amount of flex in the center section . On my Corsair if you attempt to lift the plane by the wing tips you can see the gull section flex near the area that you have highlighted . I wonder if that area is attempting to delaminate because of movement in the apparently weak main spar system .
Old 06-28-2021, 09:10 AM
Prekin

This is not Corsair, but also TopRC. I suppose, that there was another fibreglass issue.

Old 06-28-2021, 09:25 AM
CK1

I have the Zero also and had heard of main spar failures and I have already reinforced the main spar and wing tubes with 6 oz fiberglass cloth along the spar and also wrapping the tubes . It appears that the engineers at TopRC didn't do their math correctly when calculating the shear strength of design and materials of the main spars .
Old 11-14-2021, 06:27 AM
sgrady
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow that i a lot of weight, can I ask what motor is in this picture above ?