Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Anyone Have a CMP F4U Corsair 50?

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Anyone Have a CMP F4U Corsair 50?

Old 11-28-2022, 05:12 PM
wxup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Have a CMP F4U Corsair 50?

I just bought this kit at a swap meet and need info. There is an old thread on this plane but it hasn't been updated since 2007. I would like to talk to anyone who has this plane, especially if you built it.
Old 12-01-2022, 05:42 PM
Beaufortflyer

Default Instructions

If I not mistaken, instructions were only available by download. What type of information are you looking for?
Old 12-02-2022, 07:21 AM
wxup

Thank you for responding!

I want to power it with electric, but have no idea what size motor and prop would be right for this airplane. I have a Hacker A50-12S motor that I'm hoping to use. The specs are - 492 RPM/V, 1250 watts, 12,000 max RPM, 345 grams weight. Would that be suitable for this airplane? What size prop should I use (prefer 3 or 4 blade)? Would a 6S-5000 battery be sufficient?

I've read a lot about needing a lot of nose weight to balance the airplane. I'm planning on mounting the battery fully in front of the firewall. Will that help with balancing the airplane?

Anything you can tell me about flight characteristics would be very helpful, especially landings.

Any other information you think would be helpful in building/flying the airplane would be greatly appreciated.