Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Bob Campbell/Giant Scale Twins F7F Tigercat Rebuild

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Bob Campbell/Giant Scale Twins F7F Tigercat Rebuild

Old 12-08-2023, 07:45 AM
JayGull
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bob Campbell/Giant Scale Twins F7F Tigercat Rebuild

I am currently working on a rebuild/refinish of this Tigercat built up from plans years ago. I am at the point where I need to measure or reset both the main wing and rear stabilizer incidence, however I only have partial information on this.

I have a single sheet of the original plans which is the sideview and it doesn't list the incidences or even a datum/centerline of the fuse. I have obtained the build manual from Giant Scale Twins, it lists the rear stabilizer as 1.5 degrees positive and the firewalls at 0 degrees both directions. But unfortunately, no main wing incidence as it is assumed it is set properly with the fiberglass fuse. (Mine is built up) I have searched a few available threads on this model but unfortunately this information was not included in any of them.

Would anyone who possibly has this model be able to provide the main wing incidence? Or could someone provide a possible solution for determining the correct incidence as well as the fuse centerline to measure from?

Appreciate any help guys!

Jay
Old 12-08-2023, 11:24 AM
Dennis Crooks

I have an old 10' Bridi Tigercat and the plans show 0-0-0 on the firewall - wing - horizontal stab. The model is put away for the winter and I don't have access to actually measure. It does fly with a slight amount of down elevator.
DC
Old 12-08-2023, 11:45 AM
JayGull

Thanks Dennis. With the slight amount of down elevator you mentioned, that may equate to the positive 1.5 degrees incident on the stab for mine.

I just need to figure out how to determine the current incidence on my main wing since I donít know the centerline of the fuse.

Jay
Old 12-08-2023, 11:55 AM
Dennis Crooks

It has been quite a while since I built this, but I believe I used the rudder hinge line to establish vertical then leveled the fuse laterally. The actual wing saddle was established by measuring the drawings. The whole process was a little on the vague side but it worked out.

DC
Old 12-08-2023, 01:12 PM
JayGull

Thanks again, Iíll take a look at that. The one sheet of plans I have is pretty vague as well.

I tried using one of the fuselage formers to set the centerline by raising the rear end of the fuselage until the former was vertical. However that ended up the the tail end very high like it would fly nose pitched down.

Jay